WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ode to my sock

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Ode to My Sock

Alas poor sock, I knew you well
You sheltered my feet from dirt
You adorned them with beautiful colors
Sometimes you matched my skirt

Oh my dear friend where have you gone
Without you I am merely a shell
I’ve tried looking everywhere
I can’t even locate you by smell

So I pray one day we meet again
And I pair you back with your twin
Until then I’ll have to mis-match
I’ll wear my pink skulls with red bows…or blue links…or maybe yellow pin stripes…or whatever else that suits my whim

Comedic, in a way too attached to socks kind of way. j/k

Interesting subject, and a decent flow (the end was a little off, but no biggie.).

All and all, good work. Hope to see more.

BklynCannonball

It was based on a promise I made in a previous thread to write a poem about losing socks when you do laundry. Very quick and on the spot.

Though wouldn't you too be attached to brown socks with hot pick skull and crossbones on them?

But thanks for the critique. I thought the poem was a bit weak.

BklynCannonball said:
But thanks for the critique. I thought the poem was a bit weak.
Indeed, but I figured "on the spot" was the reason. Besides, your so called "weakness" shows future potential.

BklynCannonball

Thank you all, next I will write about my lonely shoe. Mind you I said shoe, not shoes.

I loved that fucking shoe!

Long (not really) story that I will share with you all one day because it is both sad and funny, both odd and eerie. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry but I think I did both at the same time. I'll post pictures.