WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Oh Fuck!

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#1
My dual CPU mobo came. It couldn't recognize my Duron, but it would boot correctly. Since little shit like that drives me nuts, I decided to flash the BIOS.

Well, it was a REALLY bad choice to flash it using a floppy from a pack that had shitloads of defective ones. Since I used this floppy before (Ironically, to flash my old ASRock board), I figured it would be okay.

Award's flashing utility locked up, and BAM! BIOS is fucked.

I'm awaiting RMA from Gigabyte for the BIOS chip.

The worst part is, I now have to work off of a 500MHz P3 Compaq Presario. I'm gonna put my 80 gig in so that I can view all my data, but that will happen tomorrow.

Shit.
 

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
1,622
12
38
#4
breakology said:
Durons suck anyway.
Haha, man you just awoke the sleeping dragon that is jsucker. He is gonna come in here with zillions of numbers to show why durons are superior to everything else. :thumbsup:
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#6
Break said:
Durons suck anyway.
Well, considering you can pick one up for $40 and they perform like an XP of the same speed, you kind of feel silly now, don't you?

They are not affected by the mere 64k of L2 cache, due to the Athlon's shorter pipe.
 

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
1,622
12
38
#8
jstager said:
They are not affected by the mere 64k of L2 cache, due to the Athlon's shorter pipe.
Some women are affected by shorter pipes. :thumbsup:
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
5
38
#9
jstager said:
My dual CPU mobo came. It couldn't recognize my Duron, but it would boot correctly. Since little shit like that drives me nuts, I decided to flash the BIOS.

Well, it was a REALLY bad choice to flash it using a floppy from a pack that had shitloads of defective ones. Since I used this floppy before (Ironically, to flash my old ASRock board), I figured it would be okay.

Award's flashing utility locked up, and BAM! BIOS is fucked.

I'm awaiting RMA from Gigabyte for the BIOS chip.

The worst part is, I now have to work off of a 500MHz P3 Compaq Presario. I'm gonna put my 80 gig in so that I can view all my data, but that will happen tomorrow.

Shit.

:rotflmao:

:owned2:
 

Signify

Particinator
777
0
0
#10
jstager said:
My dual CPU mobo came. It couldn't recognize my Duron, but it would boot correctly. Since little shit like that drives me nuts, I decided to flash the BIOS.

Well, it was a REALLY bad choice to flash it using a floppy from a pack that had shitloads of defective ones. Since I used this floppy before (Ironically, to flash my old ASRock board), I figured it would be okay.

Award's flashing utility locked up, and BAM! BIOS is fucked.

I'm awaiting RMA from Gigabyte for the BIOS chip.

The worst part is, I now have to work off of a 500MHz P3 Compaq Presario. I'm gonna put my 80 gig in so that I can view all my data, but that will happen tomorrow.

Shit.


i understood nothing that was just said...
 

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
457
0
16
#12
jstager said:
My dual CPU mobo came. It couldn't recognize my Duron, but it would boot correctly. Since little shit like that drives me nuts, I decided to flash the BIOS.

Well, it was a REALLY bad choice to flash it using a floppy from a pack that had shitloads of defective ones. Since I used this floppy before (Ironically, to flash my old ASRock board), I figured it would be okay.

Award's flashing utility locked up, and BAM! BIOS is fucked.

I'm awaiting RMA from Gigabyte for the BIOS chip.

The worst part is, I now have to work off of a 500MHz P3 Compaq Presario. I'm gonna put my 80 gig in so that I can view all my data, but that will happen tomorrow.

Shit.

:rotflmao:
LOL sucks for you, now what would be frickin hillarious is when you get your BIOS back is if it didn't work.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#13
Yeah, I popped my old ASRock board into the Presario case, as well as my video card, CPU, and RAM.

I tried hot flashing the BIOS using the ASRock board. Turns out the whole chip is fucked. It has bad data blocks that cannot be fixed :( .
 

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
3,886
0
0
#14
Keep trying you will get something right, someday, maybe. Bets anyone? ROFL lu53r
 

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
3,886
0
0
#18
jstager said:
lol internet
Are you trying to impress with your use of large text and spelling?

:thumbsdn:

Anyone else tired of the boards/theads full of Jstagers fumbles? Notify us when you do something correctly. Take you meds and then try folding a paper airplane. Oh and don't cut yourself and come on here crying, "Broken told me to do it."

Thanks
 

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
1,622
12
38
#19
Broken said:
Anyone else tired of the boards/theads full of Jstagers fumbles? Notify us when you do something correctly. Take you meds and then try folding a paper airplane. Oh and don't cut yourself and come on here crying, "Broken told me to do it."
Ohh, me! I am tired of hearing how this awesome hardware guru can't flash a bios. Or how he can't get RH to boot. Jsucker needs to find a new outlet in life. Maybe he could excel at being the local village idiot? :thumbsup:

Remember Jsucker, it's down the highway and not across the street. :cool:
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
165
157
#20
Ohh, me! I am tired of hearing how this awesome hardware guru can't flash a bios. Or how he can't get RH to boot. Jsucker needs to find a new outlet in life. Maybe he could excel at being the local village idiot?
Sorry, I've flashed BIOSes numerous times, it's not my fault that floppy was defective.

Oh yes, and it also wan't my fault that Red Hat refused to boot. It glitched when it put GRUB on.

Yes, I've said this a million times, I do suck with Linux. I'm trying to get better at it, just give me six months or so.