WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Oh my God...I Fucking Love World of Warcraft. Do You?

Descent

Hella Constipated
I finally installed it, and now I'm hooked.

Personally, I just fucking love how it mimics a real society, and the exploration is amazing. The art style is the best I've seen to date next to Jet Grind Radio, and WoW features objects and textures that look absolutely cartoony yet absolutely convincingly real at the same time. The community of players is great - it's full of polite, humourous, helpful people who in the end just care about making everyone's living experience better, not just thier's. Yes, I said living experience - because it's not a game, it's a seamless world that anyone can inhabit.

People with lower end computers can enjoy it fully, too - It runs on just about anything you put it on.

What are your thoughts on this amazing piece of art?

star99ers

One of a kind
Just don't let it consume you. It's fun but it takes a long time to do stuff so you end up playing it all day.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/leeroy.html

dont get to the level where you are like the guy who says:
"i predict a 32.333, repeating of course, chance of success"
WTF... ive played MMOs though and i know the extreme people who play them and take the shit too seriously. dont get sucked too far in.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Descent said:

Personally, I just fucking love how it mimics a real society, and the exploration is amazing. The art style is the best I've seen to date next to Jet Grind Radio, and WoW features objects and textures that look absolutely cartoony yet absolutely convincingly real at the same time. The community of players is great - it's full of polite, humourous, helpful people who in the end just care about making everyone's living experience better, not just thier's. Yes, I said living experience - because it's not a game, it's a seamless world that anyone can inhabit.

People with lower end computers can enjoy it fully, too - It runs on just about anything you put it on.

Sadly I will not get to play it for I do-not pwn a pc! Some day!

WoW is pretty fun even thought i played it for all of 15 minutes. but i don't think it's the kind of game for me to, say, stay home from school.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Descent said:

Did you not once say it consumed the life of one of your friends, and that it was evil or something to that effect?

Descent

Hella Constipated
After my buddy hit level 60 he played it less.

And by the way...My addiction peaked, and it's not going to be here long, maybe a week. My addiction is not playing, it's learning about the creatures/tools/story/other things. I'm hooked on the knowledge of the game, of the game itself. All of my gaming addictions are like that. I play games not for the fun, but for artistic reasons. I view games as the highest form of art, because they take a very long time to create, are very hard to create perfectly, and on top of that they are interactive.

By the way...I think it's too easy. I'm a level 9 Human Priest after only 10 hours or so put in, three of which were nothing but fucking around with my friends in there doing stupid shit, i.e. typing "/sleep" in the middle of a bar/road/etc. so it looked like we were drunk. So that's 7 hours of actual game time.

dzaykim

Toss my salad
Haha I was addicted to that game, but after awhile that addiction runs dry.
Seems to happen with every game I play.

Don't play that crap too much...
Seriously, if you know how to lead more than 3 of the lv60 instances, take a break from the game.

It will give you perspective on how much time you burn playing it...

Well at least it did for me. :shrug:

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I never played it, nor do I want to, it will turn just like my addiction to Diablo 2.
I couldn't stop playing d2 for ever, and its still hard for me to stop these days, therefore I don't want to start WoW then it would take all my time and energy and shit like that.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Alas, my computer isn't good enough...

But I did put in at least eight hours of MUD glory today...

Ishar, you're the best. :thumbsup:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
WizardlyFriend said:
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/leeroy.html

dont get to the level where you are like the guy who says:
"i predict a 32.333, repeating of course, chance of success"
WTF... ive played MMOs though and i know the extreme people who play them and take the shit too seriously. dont get sucked too far in.

rofl! randomly leeroy's like "ok lets do this LEEEEEROOOOY!!! DRAGONS(?)!" and then they all get killed. rofl

I dont really play video games... and, i dont wanna play this game either - like everyone else, addiction could set in! *gasp*

Descent

Hella Constipated
Holy shit on flying pancakes! I just got through my first horde rush, and IT WAS AWESOME! The Horde totally ganked me, I'm only a Level 9 Human Priest, but it was so much fucking fun you have no clue. It's like a real society - the amount of Level 20+ players running to the battle was amazing. Lots of night elves, for some reason. It looked very pretty because of that. Tall, humanlike, bright colored creatures with glowing eyes as far as the eye could see. Breathtaking.

This is absolutely awesome.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I wish I could play...

But until I get a few hundred dollars, I'm still gonna be stuck playing the MMOs without the pretty pictures...