WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

"Oh no!!" NOLA refugees sent to SLC..

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
Of Utah's 2.3 million population, just 0.8% classified themselves as African-American in the 2003 census. In Salt Lake City, that figure rises to nearly 2%.
Almost all of the evacuees who arrived in Utah were African-American. Mr Smiley, a Caucasian, was one of the very few exceptions milling around the camp. Like many refugees around the world, the evacuees from New Orleans will be highly visible in their new home. But unlike most refugees, they have remained inside their own country.
Add to that New Orleans's reputation as an easy living, hard drinking, party town and contrast it with Salt Lake City's fame as the home of Mormon morals, the town where drunkenness is illegal, and you have the recipe for at best confusion, and at worst, discord.
While Utah may be an unlikely destination for the homeless residents of New Orleans, for most of them it was also an unintentional destination. "When we got on the plane they said, 'Welcome aboard, we are now flying to Lake Salt City'," said James Jernigan, an evacuee sitting in the sunshine at the camp. "I said, 'What? We're going the wrong way. I want to get off.' They said, 'No, you can't get off.'"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,7792,1569822,00.html

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Is there something wrong with you? Is your job that boring? Have you stopped taking your meds? In the last SEVEN DAYS you've posted FIFTY plus new threads. Most of which have less than ten replies. Now, there are no laws stating that you cannot post over a specific number of threads in a specific amount of time. In seven days...fifty plus threads? WTF?!

Should this not be an issue to be looked at? Is there a reason why you can't edit existing threads? There's nothing wrong with you having something to say. I do think there is something wrong with posting thread after dead thread. Chill out junior.

Or I'll change your "Work Blind" to one of you sleeping at your desk with your hand down your pants.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Dag.

Void, maybe you should just have one thread where you post your interesting news articles and you can update that thread whenever you want. I do enjoy reading them but I suppose GF makes sense.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball said:
Dag.

Void, maybe you should just have one thread where you post your interesting news articles and you can update that thread whenever you want. I do enjoy reading them but I suppose GF makes sense.
EDIT: i'm only here for a limited run anyway.. but that's an excellent idea, a 'stupid fucking news' thread.. somebody start it and i'll contribute some, i've read a few news stories in my time /sarcasm..

oh and everyone else, to save you the fucking trouble.. yes i do consider myself owned and yes i did pm geht and apologise..

carry on.