WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word "oh" has to be the most ridiculous one of the English language. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR IT!

Sorry, but I'm just kinda irritated by this word's uselessness. A lot like some of the people that register here... :(

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
As per dictionary.com

Used to express strong emotion, such as surprise, fear, anger, or pain.
Used in direct address: Oh, sir! You forgot your keys.
Used to indicate understanding or acknowledgment of a statement.

Besides, how can "Oh Fuck", "Oh Fuck it", and my personal favourite: "Oh, why don't you fo fuck yourself" be used without the word "oh"????

bigck3000 said:
you registered THIS FUCKING MONTH.
Oh. Did that have any relevance to this thread? I never said "n00bs" or anything like that...

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
Awaken said:
Oh. Did that have any relevance to this thread? I never said "n00bs" or anything like that...
.......oh

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Awaken said:
no it has to do with the fact that he is inferring you are a newb

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
chucktheskiffie said:
As per dictionary.com

Besides, how can "Oh Fuck", "Oh Fuck it", and my personal favourite: "Oh, why don't you fo fuck yourself" be used without the word "oh"????
dont forget, "Oh, Oh, Oh god!" and "Oh yes!" I mean, how can anyone use a word that is used in sex so often? Seriously, that is not good. Oh is a great word.

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
dustinzgirl said:
dont forget, "Oh, Oh, Oh god!" and "Oh yes!" I mean, how can anyone use a word that is used in sex so often? Seriously, that is not good. Oh is a great word.
::slaps forehead::

but of course!!! how could i forget!!!
:thumbsup:

WizardlyFriend said:
no it has to do with the fact that he is inferring you are a newb
Ok...dude, you're not much less of a n00b then I am...

OH MY GOD.......nope nothing else to say, just had to get it off my chest.
rofl.

Dude, you can use the word as many times as you want in this thread, but it isn't pissing me off. In fact, I'm liking the word even more now that I see that there are many uses for it. None of them are really needed, but I'm not complaining any more. Don't worry, I've got another word to complain about...

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
Haha, actually it wasn't meant to piss you off. When someone says something like this it makes me want to say the word more and more, guess im just like that by nature. Oh and I really don't see any usefulness in the word.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
chucktheskiffie said:
As per dictionary.com

Used by a woman as a sign of aproval, when a guy is really giving it to her.

"Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh"

Well, here's another word that bothers me. Either. It's not useless, but it's just another part of the english language that pisses me off. The english language sucks in a lot of ways. For example: their, there, they're. Begin, began, begun. Your, you're. Then, than.
It's not that their usages are non-existent, but it's that so many people make mistakes when writing them out that it irritates me.

Anyways, onto "either." My mom was taking a test the other day for some reason, and the test has this question on it:

36. There is a road on__________ of the river.
A. Both sides
B. Either side

C&D I forgot.

Anyways, the meaning is that a road goes along both sides of the river and you are supposed to choose the correct way to say this. What do you think it is? Both sides? WRONG! Either side. Either side means one or the other, not both. It really got me pissed off that that was the wrong answer. HOW?! Don't even try pulling the dictionary out on me, because it agrees with me. One or the other, not both.

meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.