WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Old computers

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#2
Mid-90's era 486 boxes with the pretty friendly happy 90's curves, and an LED display that lists the CPU speed :drool:.

I got one right next to me.
 

wilko125

Rep My Post
1,278
0
36
#3
lol, got one of those down stairs, the cool thing is my LED is configured with jumpers, so you can make it display anything
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,981
1,399
487
#5
A TRS-80 started it all for me. :cheesy:
 

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
4,503
102
177
#6
apple started it for me when they donated all those computers to schools. then about a year later, my dad bought an HP. actually, i think he just brought one home from the office
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,981
1,399
487
#7
The TRS-80 started it for me, but the Apple IIe got me into BASIC.
 

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
4,126
0
0
#8
my first was a sinclair spectrum 48k in 1984.. it was shit.. :(

 

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
167
0
0
#10
The Amiga A500+ (yes, plus) was my first computers and I still have the odd play on it now. Lemmings rocks!
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#11
pyrodude said:
The Amiga A500+ (yes, plus) was my first computers and I still have the odd play on it now. Lemmings rocks!
:eek:

Didn't those cost an assload?

Funny, I'm listening to an AMIGA MIDI recording in MP3 format I stole from YTMND.com. The sound is easily up there with the Super Nintendo, it fucking massacres the Sound Blaster FM cards or the Sega Genesis.

In fact, I'd say it still sounds up to date today.

void said:
my first was a sinclair spectrum 48k in 1984.. it was shit..
I always thought Europeans loved the Sinclair! No one in America ever owned it! Hell, Rare's (Yes, that Rare, the ones who made Donkey Kong Country) had 33% market penetration with their Sinclair game JetPac.

They had a 900,000 machine install base in Europe and they sold 300,000 copies of JetPac.
 

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
4,126
0
0
#12
Descent said:
:eek:

I always thought Europeans loved the Sinclair! No one in America ever owned it! Hell, Rare's (Yes, that Rare, the ones who made Donkey Kong Country) had 33% market penetration with their Sinclair game JetPac.

They had a 900,000 machine install base in Europe and they sold 300,000 copies of JetPac.
they were generally worshipped, they were a huge leap on from the ZX81.. but i didn't like it, all my mates either had acorns or C64s and i had the little 'puter with the rainbow on it.. and fucking rubber keys..
the tapes/games would sometimes load..
atic atac was my favourite game on the spectrum.. top down adventure game..
still makes me happy to see rare going, same feeling as seeing atari still going..
 

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
4,126
0
0
#13
Descent said:
:eek:

I always thought Europeans loved the Sinclair! No one in America ever owned it! Hell, Rare's (Yes, that Rare, the ones who made Donkey Kong Country) had 33% market penetration with their Sinclair game JetPac.

They had a 900,000 machine install base in Europe and they sold 300,000 copies of JetPac.
they were generally worshipped, they were a huge leap on from the ZX81.. but i didn't like it, all my mates either had acorns or C64s and i had the little 'puter with the rainbow on it.. and fucking rubber keys..
the tapes/games would sometimes load..
atic atac was my favourite game on the spectrum.. top down adventure game..
still makes me happy to see rare going, same feeling as seeing atari still going..
 
223
0
0
#14


What I started on, except mine had the dual floppy drives. It kinda sucked because everything came on 5.25" disks back then. The only computer advice I ever got from my old man was "don't remove the disk when the light is on because it'll mess the computer up". I played many a game of Digger and Stryker on this puter.
 

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
167
0
0
#15
Descent said:
:eek:

Didn't those cost an assload?

Funny, I'm listening to an AMIGA MIDI recording in MP3 format I stole from YTMND.com. The sound is easily up there with the Super Nintendo, it fucking massacres the Sound Blaster FM cards or the Sega Genesis.

In fact, I'd say it still sounds up to date today.
Yep that's why I still use it. Want my moneys worth. Although it shows how well they were built. It must have well over 5000 hours of use. And the games that I have for it are older than I am.
 

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
4,126
0
0
#17
Eclipsed said:
I could play doom 3 on ultra high quality 1600x1200 with that
yeah sure.. just dig out your doom 3 cassette.. stick it in the player and wait 5 mins..

it will look like this..