WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

On books I've Read

Has anyone ever read the full set of Lord of The Rings books? Not just the three LOTR but also the Silmarrilion, The History of Middle Earth, and any others? What did you thing of them?

I personally thought that they were pretty good but if you didn't understand them you are fucked. Also I noticed that with all of the things that go on none of them are incorrect or missdated, even in the older versions. Damn im high. but hey just a little chit-chat :rolleyes:

I am what Iam... -Popeye

I could barely keep up with all the names in the movie verison of it. I'd hate to imagine how confused I'd be with the books. If I could understand it thought it probably is a good read.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Antisocial85 said:
I could barely keep up with all the names in the movie verison of it. I'd hate to imagine how confused I'd be with the books
Same here, Damn the hobbit even gave me siezures and thats a childrens book. I didn't like the movie version anyway.

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
:mfinger: Fuck you all, Lord of the Rings sucks.

Hobbit is king. Hobbit is best.

Jung

???
Premium
Yes, I've read the entire saga; it's a great story! Tolkien is definitely a master at providing, and conveying, intricate details. So much so, that the story comes to life in a special way, a way only Tolkien can provide; it's simply emersing.
screw_ball said:
:mfinger: Fuck you all, Lord of the Rings sucks.

Hobbit is king. Hobbit is best.
Um, right... it's part of the same saga.
Antisocial85 said:
I could barely keep up with all the names in the movie verison of it. I'd hate to imagine how confused I'd be with the books. If I could understand it thought it probably is a good read.
[sky] said:
Same here, Damn the hobbit even gave me siezures and thats a childrens book.
You can't be serious. :confused:

[sky] said:
Same here, Damn the hobbit even gave me siezures and thats a childrens book. I didn't like the movie version anyway.

haha yeah same here. The movie kept dragging out like the fighting scenes and such. I do have to say the though the special effects were great in the movie.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Antisocial85 said:
haha yeah same here. The movie kept dragging out like the fighting scenes and such. I do have to say the though the special effects were great in the movie.
Ya, the Battles with the orks (SP?) are awesome. So real looking. My bro has all three director cut. I haven't watched them non-cut yet though.

i read the first 2 awsome reads, took forever though :rolleyes:. the hardest reads for me was the dune series, now those names were freekin hard :confused: but awsome books :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
Nymphchick said:
the dune series
That's another awesome series. I own all of the hard back editions, movies and the Children of Dune mini series. :thumbsup:

[sky] said:
Ya, the Battles with the orks (SP?) are awesome. So real looking. My bro has all three director cut. I haven't watched them non-cut yet though.

I only have the first one, I've only watched it once since I've had. I should have just rented it instead. Oh well.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Never read the books.
Never saw the movies.
I am basically useless to this thread.
But I can tell you that a suite down the hall from me last year would play the LOTR movies when the started pre-gaming.