On my way to the hospital

ferengi

Yay fire!
I was sick all weekend. 103.5F fever. It just spiked to 105.8 a few minutes ago. I'm so damn weak and shaking all over. I got a friend coming over to take me to the emergency room. She'll be here in about 10-15 minutes. Damn this sucks.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
That sucks, may I suggest taking a cold shower before you go?
Or maybe run through the sprinkler a couple times?

FireAngel

Schmexy
Actually, a cold shower would be bad. You have to sweat fevers off. I know it sounds kind of weird, but my dad knows all about this sort of thing, and that's what he had me do when I was running a fever. I was told not to take a shower as long as I had the fever (which was really gross) or I would have the fever longer and probably make it worse.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
tiger_86 said:
Actually, a cold shower would be bad. You have to sweat fevers off. I know it sounds kind of weird, but my dad knows all about this sort of thing, and that's what he had me do when I was running a fever. I was told not to take a shower as long as I had the fever (which was really gross) or I would have the fever longer and probably make it worse.
Eh, who knew that?, I sure as hell didn't know that.

FireAngel

Schmexy
Yeah, it's something having to do with the body trying to compensate for the change in its temperature or something. I'd have to look it up.

bnccoder

Postaholic
At that temp you need to get t temp down or else you can cause serious damage. Trust me it happened to me. I had to wear glasses for 14 years. But in most cases you are right. Use warm water and gradually make it colder.

Rurrouni

Shinsengumi
Well first thing first.....what are you doing posting online, going online takes thought and that'll just get your headache worse. I suggest with such a high fever you should try to make sure nothing bad happens. Stay calm and try not to do anything stupid till she comes is your best bet.

hove420

the shocka
tiger_86 said:
yea, your sweat is a cooling system for your body. props to your dad :thumbsup:

ferengi

Yay fire!
Spent the whole night and day in the hospital. Fever came down. Nobody knew what the fuck was wrong with me. Told me to fucking take Tylenol and get plenty of rest and fluids. Right... sound medical advice.. I'd much rather know what the fuck is WRONG with me, but right yeah whatever.. fucking quacks. Worst night of my life. I'm going to bed now.

Lost86

Sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind
Most doctors don't know WTF to do in most cases. They just treat the symptoms and not the problem and send you on your way. :thumbsdn:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Lost86 said:
Most doctors don't know WTF to do in most cases. They just treat the symptoms and not the problem and send you on your way. :thumbsdn:

Of course. If they made you healthy, they wouldn't be able to make money by bringing you back to the hospital.

Myself

Huh?
ferengi74656 said:
I was sick all weekend. 103.5F fever. It just spiked to 105.8 a few minutes ago. I'm so damn weak and shaking all over. I got a friend coming over to take me to the emergency room. She'll be here in about 10-15 minutes. Damn this sucks.

I hope you feel better. :)