Fringe One World Government?

Aliensavant

Vexed
Man, I'm glad I looked before I posted. I just heard about the Amero on a grassroots radio station in Austin, this shits the real thing. Some of that video is radical, but it touches on a few very real and pressing issues. The dollar has been devaluated for the sake of overseas markets, but ultimately unifying currency would be alot more efficient for corporations. Then you can transition labor and goods from one country to the next with almost no discression of exchange. The North American Union is a very real possibility, but really, from the very birth of this nation it has been a possibility. Manifest destiny anyone? (From here it is pure conjecture) We have reached sea to sea, but we did that without California. So why add it on? And why Alaska, other than the gold and oil? It seems likely that we will want to have land access to it one day through Canada, but instead of taking it, why not just drop the borders? Anyway, very interesting and very scary things in our future.

Avidity

Definitaly not an illuminati agent. Move along.
Since this is still best described as a conspiracy theory (at least imo - but feel free to provide some credible evidence), I hardly see how this would be valid Issues material.

I think I was high when I posted that, actually. >.>

Aliensavant

Vexed
Hey on the bright side of all this, marijuanna might get legalized if Canada and the US merge. Plus, what's better for dumbing down the masses than substance abuse? Am I right?

hoseq

Kevlar Cult High Priest
A world government conspiracy is fucking crazy. The logic comes from random quotes and one news broadcast (Don't forget the random-ass phone conversation that was taken out of context). Only an idiot would whole-heartedly believe the video. As for economic unity I do see that as a possibility to ease trading. But for one world government, fuck no.

How do you know this?
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52684

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression_in_the_United_States

The most interesting part of the history of Jekyll Island begins in 1886 when a group of incredibly wealthy men with names like Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, and JP Morgan bought the island from John du Bignon for $125,000, which at the time was quite a sum of money. How wealthy were they? It's been estimated that in its prime the members controlled 1/6th of the world's wealth.

Nelson Aldrich:
He rebuilt the American financial system along Progressive lines through the institution of the the federal income tax amendment and the Federal Reserve System. He did so in the belief that it would lead to greater efficiency. Aldrich became wealthy with investments in street railroads, sugar, rubber and banking. His daughter married the only son of John D. Rockefeller.

Federal Reserve Bank

Centralized banking was met with much opposition from politicians, who were suspicious of a central bank and who charged that Aldrich was biased due to his close ties to wealthy bankers such as J.P. Morgan and his daughter's marriage to John D. Rockefeller, Jr. In 1910, Aldrich and executives representing the banks of J.P. Morgan, Rockefeller, and Kuhn, Loeb, & Co., secluded themselves for 10 days at Jekyll Island, Georgia.[4] The executives included Frank Vanderlip, president of the National City Bank of New York, associated with the Rockefellers; Henry Davison, senior partner of J.P. Morgan Company; Charles D. Norton, president of the First National Bank of New York; and Col. Edward House, who would later become President Woodrow Wilson's closest adviser and founder of the Council on Foreign Relations.[5] There, Paul Warburg of Kuhn, Loeb, & Co. directed the proceedings and wrote the primary features of what would be called the Aldrich Plan. Warburg would later write that "The matter of a uniform discount rate (interest rate) was discussed and settled at Jekyll Island." Vanderlip wrote in his 1935 autobiography From Farmboy to Financier :
I was as secretive, indeed I was as furtive as any conspirator. Discovery, we knew, simply must not happen, or else all our time and effort would have been wasted. If it were to be exposed that our particular group had got together and written a banking bill, that bill would have no chance whatever of passage by Congress…I do not feel it is any exaggeration to speak of our secret expedition to Jekyll Island as the occasion of the actual conception of what eventually became the Federal Reserve System.”
Despite the importance of the Jekyll Island meeting, it remained a secret to both the public and the government until journalist Bertie Charles Forbes wrote an article about it in 1916, three years after the Federal Reserve Act was passed.

How?

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archiv...91F31E433A25753C3A96F9C946195D6CF&oref=slogin

Yes, Bank scares that caused runs on banks.
But back then each bank was its own private entity. Not like today where all banks are owned by the federal reserve.

And yes, I have been studying this crap for at least ten years. But you dont have to believe me just read it all for yourself.

U.S. Constitution said:
Amendment IX: Existence of other rights for the people.
U.S. Constitution said:
clear.gif

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

So what ever happened to your right of free travel?

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Not to put too strong a point on it, but what planet are you looking at exactly?
America's pretty ridiculiously free marke. But even the conservatives have expanded state power.
Heck, the number 1 country on earth (sweden) is divided up among several nationally owned and operated corporations (yes, government corporations)

STFU.

I wasn't talking about AMERICA, obviously, but the whole fucking world. A world government controlled by the private sector would mean a global "free market". In the last 25 years, some institutions dominated by the private sector (IMF, World Bank, WTO) have been pushing the limits of deregulation around the world, with limited results. In a world government, those deregulations would be complete and permanent.

hoseq

Kevlar Cult High Priest
Which is why our country needs another civil war.

1. Any asshole comeing here illegally would leave and a few others would go with him.

2. Any country wanting some shit with us would then think twice about it.
Because if we're willing to kill our own, we'd probably cook and eat them. Alive.

3. Any country stupid enough to invade afterward would get nuked. That would put us back on top.

But SERIOUSLY, if we had a mini revolution every 5 years where we drag all politicians out into the streets and thank them for their service to the country give their spouses $150,000.00 then put a bullet thru their brains, all this secrecy bullshit would end, and real fucking quick too.

BamWam

Banned - What an Asshat!
We already have a one world government. It just hasn't fully excersized its rights yet.

United Nations.
World Trade Organization
World Bank.

Did I miss anyone?

Umm.....

That is not a one world government. Those are just organizations among countries.

hoseq

Kevlar Cult High Priest
I don't know if you know this but your two sources are Wikipedia and arguably the most twisted political internet source in the world.

Both are historically accurate. I have all those exact stories in the history books that I own. So sorry I couldnt link directly to the books pages for you.

Also, for all practical purposes, DG is correct.

BamWam

Banned - What an Asshat!
Both are historically accurate. I have all those exact stories in the history books that I own. So sorry I couldnt link directly to the books pages for you.

Also, for all practical purposes, DG is correct.

Wikipedia may be right, but it has a history of being historically incorrect in some cases. As for the website, it has a lot of garbage on it and tells a lot of one-sided stories.

And as for DG, I just said how they were organizations among countries, not signs of a one-world government. You gave no evidence of supporting how she was right.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
BamWam, the International monetary fund and the World Bank have huge power over the planet, especially over the third world. In the 1970's, the World Bank loaned billions to dictatorships in the third world, and when the interest rates went through the roof in the early '80s, those countries went bankrupt. The private investors who had loaned money sent the IMF who then imposed deregulations - which didn't work to reduce the debt but instead caused the third world to give away their resources to transnationals and export them massively just so the debt wouldn't increase.

When third world countries started exporting more of the same resources, prices went down and they have been fucked ever since. The World Bank and the IMF are those who loaned billions to corrupt dictatorships and then when tyrans had ran away with billions, transnationals came in and then sucked their resources and the wealth generated from the exploitation of said resources.

BamWam

Banned - What an Asshat!
BamWam, the International monetary fund and the World Bank have huge power over the planet, especially over the third world. In the 1970's, the World Bank loaned billions to dictatorships in the third world, and when the interest rates went through the roof in the early '80s, those countries went bankrupt. The private investors who had loaned money sent the IMF who then imposed deregulations - which didn't work to reduce the debt but instead caused the third world to give away their resources to transnationals and export them massively just so the debt wouldn't increase.

When third world countries started exporting more of the same resources, prices went down and they have been fucked ever since. The World Bank and the IMF are those who loaned billions to corrupt dictatorships and then when tyrans had ran away with billions, transnationals came in and then sucked their resources and the wealth generated from the exploitation of said resources.

I'm not disagreeing with economic policies that may ten to look similar to a one government world. However, politically and socially the world is still separated into different countries. The only reason separate countries cooperate with one another is because it benefits the countries economically. If countries get to the point and decide that they want to cooperate and fuse together their politics and societies as well as economically, then there would be a one world government. However for now, there are still different countries that make up the world.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I'm not disagreeing with economic policies that may ten to look similar to a one government world. However, politically and socially the world is still separated into different countries. The only reason separate countries cooperate with one another is because it benefits the countries economically. If countries get to the point and decide that they want to cooperate and fuse together their politics and societies as well as economically, then there would be a one world government. However for now, there are still different countries that make up the world.

Different countries under the control of North Western financial hegemony... State independance is very rare in the context of globalized liberalism, especially among countries with huge debt. Supranational organizations such as the IMF, the WTO and the World Bank (which are controlled by the US, West Europe and Japan) have huge control over the lives of billions of people in the third world, because their governments have their hands tied. Countries aren't as free and independant as you make it sound. There is a "one world ideology", and you better adhere to it, or else.

BamWam

Banned - What an Asshat!
Different countries under the control of North Western financial hegemony... State independance is very rare in the context of globalized liberalism, especially among countries with huge debt. Supranational organizations such as the IMF, the WTO and the World Bank (which are controlled by the US, West Europe and Japan) have huge control over the lives of billions of people in the third world, because their governments have their hands tied. Countries aren't as free and independant as you make it sound. There is a "one world ideology", and you better adhere to it, or else.

Once again economically countries are bound. But the economic alliances are most definitely affecting politics. In which case I would agree that there is a "one world ideology" floating around.