WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Gaming Online Video Games!

Why is it that parents feel the need to go out and buy there 13 yr old child a video game that is clearly marked M for mature. I play SOCOM 2 online and I have a huge problem with running into mouthy little kids. Usually when I do I just leave the room cause arguing online is quite pointless, but I seem to still find myself amonst little mouthy kids OR Socom tough guys. A socom tough guy is a person who feels they need to continue to argue with you on a silly game and/or tell you how tough he is, where he lives, and how he could beat ur ass if you where to ever come around his way??? When you play a video game marked MATURE!!!! Please try and act Mature.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
I agree. its amazing how many little kids there are playing these games. And i find it truely amazing what comes out of their mouth.

shep

Local alcoholic
Well if there parent's actually gave a shit bout what there doing then we wouldn't have this problem.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I was playing mature games when I was like 13-14, but I wasn't mouthing off. But these kids these days are cocky and think their the shit, so they mouth off. *Sigh* Kids these days..

Descent

Hella Constipated
I never have this problem, because I play games on the PC :thumbsup: .

Most little shits that age can't even use a computer anyway.

jstager said:
I never have this problem, because I play games on the PC :thumbsup: .

Most little shits that age can't even use a computer anyway.
Good point! I'ma hit up the PC gaming more now!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
See, my solution is pretty simple.

I don't really play online video games. :thumbsup:

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
The question is why are you playing socom 2 in the first place? I highly recomend call of duty.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
fuck_you said:
The question is why are you playing socom 2 in the first place? I highly recomend call of duty.
This kid thought he was cool on Halo 2 as he killed me, he said "How do you like that bitch?", score being 1 to zip he had first kill.. 40 or so kills later the score was 1 to 40.. I replied when I was way into double digits, "I love it actually."

You have to learn to make them shut up.

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
p99 said:
This kid thought he was cool on Halo 2 as he killed me, he said "How do you like that bitch?", score being 1 to zip he had first kill.. 40 or so kills later the score was 1 to 40.. I replied when I was way into double digits, "I love it actually."

lmao I hate it when people that suck talk a lot of shit , but the victory feels so much better after you kill them.

heh.. some of those smart asses arent even kids... more like players in thier late 20s all the way to 50s... ive seen it.. it aint pretty

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
FuhkFace said:
Why is it that parents feel the need to go out and buy there 13 yr old child a video game that is clearly marked M for mature. I play SOCOM 2 online and I have a huge problem with running into mouthy little kids. Usually when I do I just leave the room cause arguing online is quite pointless, but I seem to still find myself amonst little mouthy kids OR Socom tough guys. A socom tough guy is a person who feels they need to continue to argue with you on a silly game and/or tell you how tough he is, where he lives, and how he could beat ur ass if you where to ever come around his way??? When you play a video game marked MATURE!!!! Please try and act Mature.
Don't get me wrong, I hate mouthy kids, but if you hear all this stuff on the headphones, take em off. Is is that much of a disadvantage? Personaly, the phones they make for it are too small for my huge melon.

fuck_you said:
Yeah, COD is the coolest. I would recommend you stay away from PC gaming. Games like CS, WC, and all that other junk have the most loud mouthed players. Play onliine only if you can whoop some ass. Other wise go play with your San Andreas.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
PC games are taking over the industry because of their online gameplay.

Games like Call of Duty, UT2004, Counterstrike: Source, and alot of other FPSes have some of the most competition, and you don't have to listen to some 13 year old rant on the dedicated communications system built in (unless you're playing ut2k4, but you can disable it). On a different note, if anyone wants to play CoD or UT2k4 some time, hit me up on xfire --- sn: xubiator.

Fugly

Tenderony
p99 said:

I didn't even buy the head set. Why do i want to talk to them? In fact I'm trying to find a way to turn the voices off. Halo 2 is such a fucking frag fest (thats why its awesome by the way) that everyone's gonna get beat down at some point. So somebody runs my ass over with a ghost. It's funny when I do it...its funny when it happens to me. It becomes unfunny when some lard ass with no life says "How do you like that you fucking jew" (true story). First off how does that make the game more fun. Second if is said it after fraggin someone how would that make it more fun for me? Its all about the scoreboard and im generally pretty happy where I end up. If I didn't have to listen to jerkoffs while doing it It would make my life much better.