WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines OOhhh..so thats where the money is going?!?

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
Halliburton Co. and other U.S. contractors are being paid at least $1.9 billion from Iraqi funds under an arrangement set by the U.S.-led occupation authority, according to a review of documents and interviews with government agencies, companies and auditors.

Most of the money is for two controversial deals that originally had been financed with money approved by the U.S. Congress, but later shifted to Iraqi funds that were governed by fewer restrictions and less rigorous oversight.

The rest of the article can be found at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5595163/

=================================================
So yeah, why does this not surprise me? Its funny that we are on the way to a record breaking deficit and we are still in Iraq, spending billions of dollars we dont have.
Also, lets all thank Mr. Chaney for his great work!! Im sure all the employees at Halliburton love him...:]

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
mariusthegreat said:
So yeah, why does this not surprise me? Its funny that we are on the way to a record breaking deficit and we are still in Iraq, spending billions of dollars we dont have.
Also, lets all thank Mr. Chaney for his great work!! Im sure all the employees at Halliburton love him...:]
That's the Vice President of the United States taking that money.

It is without a doubt the most costly abuse of power this country has had to endure...

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
thats exactly right...i wonder how many shady deals he's been part of.....how many billions have been ...lost..... because of this mans greed....
edit: i am not saying it is all on this mans shoulders....i wonder how many....top notch white house/white collar executives are in these shady deals??

Pachyderm

I really did.
And people are still trying to tell me it's not about money..they're right, it isn't about America's money..it's about Cheney and Bush and the Bin Ladens (who make up half of America..That doesn't count!) and who ever else deals with those people....

tharuz

Bringer of Order
it`s not gonna afect the country, besides, the money`s probavly all gone

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
tharuz said:
it`s not gonna afect the country, besides, the money`s probavly all gone
Tharuz, not everyone likes to bend-over the way you do.

A lot of us don't like to be brutalized by the people we put in office.

To each his own...