WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

oooo, another assignment

Signify

Particinator
o.k, here is a assignment i did for writing. Its crude i know, that is why i am looking for your genius minds here at wtf.com to give me a hand. there is some stuff that is obvious, but this is my rough copy, so anything can be changed.

Teen angst. A problem that seems to be infecting more and more teenagers every day. The term seems to be used mostly by people who have escaped the horror that is the teenage years and are able to look back on how small the problems of teenage life are. Mostly what is complained about seems trivial in all others eyes but the complainer.
Lets take a look at the term “teen angst”. We all know what teen stands for, but do we all know what angst means? Angst means, directly translated from German, fear. Although, in the English language, we use the term to mean anger, anxiety. The phrase teen angst is usually used as a derogative, an insult on the problems a young person is going through.
The question is, what exactly does a young adult have to deal with that makes them feel fear, anxiety, anger and a feeling of “hopeless misery”? During the years when a person is considered a teenager the mind and body undergo a series of drastic changes. Quite an amazing array of brand new experiences are brought to life. Along with this, the peer pressure seems to grow to a stifling amount, almost drowning out individuality. Perhaps, there is a reason for this “whining”.
Several things must be factored into the grand scheme of “teen angst”. One being the feeling that no one else could have possibly gone through what I have. This is just...well, impossible. How, in the world where our numbers reach into the billions, and our history reaches back thousands upon thousands of years, are you the only person to have been dumped? Sure the details might be different, like, we were drinking coffee and I had 2 spoon fulls of sugar in mine, and her name is Susan blahblah. In reality, Our experiences can be quite easily compared to another. The key is not to think that you are the worst one off.
I know this sounds hokey, but you have to take time, and im talking to the teenagers here, but you need to actually look, and look hard at how truly bad your problems are. Are they so bad that you must relate them all to someone who so obviously doesn’t care? To those who whine and complain about every little problem that life sets before them, grow up. Life can be a bitch, learn to deal or get off the ride, for the sake of those around you.

Again, anything can be changed. or, even another reasonable topic for me to write about, its supposed to be for a teen magazine.

Signify

Particinator
ahhh, come on. somebodys gotta have an opinion at least

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Darkness_Reaper said:
o.k, here is a assignment i did for writing. Its crude i know, that is why i am looking for your genius minds here at wtf.com to give me a hand. there is some stuff that is obvious, but this is my rough copy, so anything can be changed.

Teen angst. A problem that seems to be infecting more and more teenagers every day. The term seems to be used mostly by people who have escaped the horror that is the teenage years and are able to look back on how small the problems of teenage life are. Mostly what is complained about seems trivial in all others eyes but the complainer.
Lets take a look at the term “teen angst”. We all know what teen stands for, but do we all know what angst means? Angst means, directly translated from German, fear. Although, in the English language, we use the term to mean anger, anxiety. The phrase teen angst is usually used as a derogative, an insult on the problems a young person is going through.
1) The question is, what exactly does a young adult have to deal with that makes them feel fear, anxiety, anger and a feeling of “hopeless misery”? During the years when a person is considered a teenager the mind and body undergo a series of drastic changes. Quite an amazing array of brand new experiences are brought to life. Along with this, the peer pressure seems to grow to a stifling amount, almost drowning out individuality. Perhaps, there is a reason for this “whining”.
Several things must be factored into the grand scheme of “teen angst”. One being the feeling that no one else could have possibly gone through what I have. This is just...well, impossible. How, in the world where our numbers reach into the billions, and our history reaches back thousands upon thousands of years, are you the only person to have been dumped? Sure the details might be different, like, we were drinking coffee and I had 2 spoon fulls of sugar in mine, and her name is Susan blahblah. In reality, Our experiences can be quite easily compared to another. The key is not to think that you are the worst one off.
I know this sounds hokey, but you have to take time, and im talking to the teenagers here, but you need to actually look, and look hard at how truly bad your problems are. Are they so bad that you must relate them all to someone who so obviously doesn’t care? To those who whine and complain about every little problem that life sets before them, grow up. Life can be a 2)bitch, learn to deal or get off the ride, for the sake of those around you.

Again, anything can be changed. or, even another reasonable topic for me to write about, its supposed to be for a teen magazine.
Also put something in about the race to be cool, and people act depressed and suicidal to be cool. Can you say bitch In the project?

Signify

Particinator
i might. my teacher is pretty leniant(sp?) on that stuff. Ive actually done way worse than that and gotten in no trouble