WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines oops

Hey everybody. I want to get a little argument started (what fun!) First off, I want to know what you all think of Corporate offshoring. Bash each other's comments, or whatever. I just want your opinions. Havefun!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
debatemasterblu said:
Hey everybody. I want to get a little argument started (what fun!) First off, I want to know what you all think of Corporate offshoring. Bash each other's comments, or whatever. I just want your opinions. Havefun!
Ok, I admire your sense of community, but the Issues forum is intended for serious discussion. If your intention is to start a serious discussion about Corporate offshoring, then I'm sure there's enough members that can oblige you. But if it's your intent to just incite an E-riot, pissing match; then this post belongs in B&T.

In the future, when posting in the issues, please present an "issue", properly worded, and formatted. If possible add your view to the original post. Or, if you decide to post a news story, please do so, and include the source, links, etc.

Thanks Bro, rock on. :thumbsup:

----------------------------Back to the topic-----------------------------

What is everyone's opinion on Corporate Offshoring?
Corporate offshoring is the practice of taking hard working americans and throwing them into the unemployment line, so that the company in question can send their jobs to companies overseas in order to get someone there to do it for pennies on the dollar.

I personally am against this practice. :thumbsdn:

Has this happened to anyone here, or someone you know? Please share your experiences with Offshoring.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
tis all good until its your crappy job being outsourced on the cheap!
lol

i don't have a strong position either way. but i can say, it will hurt the youngest generations (eventually when it becomes prevelant practice in most fields and industries) the most by taking away low level, lower paying, entry level, p/t, ....jobs without adding into the economy something to offset the losses. as can be observed by the migration of the manufactoring industry.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
debatemasterblu said:
I'm against it of course, don't want my job to go away.

But it is inevitable, because of our "duty to our shareholders", RE: Corporate Greed. So, I guess we need to figure a way to change it, stop it, or make it work...