WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Opinions on Brands

Descent

Hella Constipated
To help foster less stupid ass questions about brands on this forum, I want people to post a list of brands of PC parts that they are fond of, as well as a "Hit list."

Anything you like, post. Anything you hate, post. This will save us all a lot of time.

Kick Ass Shit:

MGE
Chaintech
FIC
Asus
Gigabyte
AOpen
ATi
Turtle Beach
Paradigm
Pioneer
Belkin
Aspire
TR2TT
Sony (Components only)
nVidia
AMD
Norwood Micro
Samsung
Crucial
Mushkin
Corsair
Rosewill
Artec Scanners
ASRock KT880 based boards

"The Shit List:"

Artec Drives
Lexmark
Dell
Sony PC's
Powmax
Raidmax
Maxtor
ASRock (Besides the new KT880 Boards)
Creative Labs

That does it for me! What brands do you all like/dislike?

EDIT: I JUST ADDED CHAINTECH TO THE TOP OF THE LIST.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Intel
AMD
ATI
nVidia
ASUS
Gigabyte
Corsair
Crucial
Cooler Master
Koolance
Antec
Ultra
Samsung
Sony
Memorex
Philips
View Sonic
Compaq X Gamer
HP Printers
Dell Plasma TV

Dislikes:
Mac
IBM
Compaq (excluding the X Gamer)
HP (excluding printers)
Xerox
Steam
Dell (excluding their plasma tv)
SCO
MPAA
Gain Gator
Wild Tangent
Epson
Intel Mobo's
Thermal Take
CompUSA brand anything
AMD Athalon +1800 i hate it, really the only amd processor i've ever had that i loath entirely (yes stager i have a few amds)
my old ATI Radeon 7000

yeah i think thats about it

ferengi

Yay fire!
Likes: Anything but fucking Hewlett-Packard. I hate this piece of shit. :mad:
Dislikes: Anything bearing the HP logo.

Jung

???
Premium
Hypertron said:
Dislikes:
Mac
IBM
Dell (excluding their plasma tv)
All of those are quality brands, why do you dislike them? Dell makes some awesome LCDs, IBM makes great servers and laptops and, well, Mac is in a class of their own. :thumbsup:

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
:thumbsup:
  • Apple
  • AMD
  • SunMicroSystems
  • Asus
  • Sony
  • Epson
:thumbsdn:
  • Dell
  • SGI
  • Maxtor
  • CreativeLabs

Dell makes the top of my shitlist for 2 reasons: they are notorious for outsourcing, their computers are a nightmare to work with (upgrading older models due to proprietary hardware).
SGI, once a great computer giant who gave us OpenGL and made great contributions to the developement of UNIX and RISC architecture, now has really shitty business practices. The absurd overpricing of their hardware, and their OS IRIX is almost as bad their software subsidiary AliasWaveFront.
Maxtor bugs me out because their harddrives are pain in the ass to install, custom software is needed. Totally unexpected, and totally a pain in the ass!
CreativeLabs dumped a shitload of periferals into the market, without sufficient driver coverage. Last time I visitted the website for updates, half of the links were broken. Just all around shitty business.

Jung

???
Premium
Here are my likes, I'm not going to list dislikes; you can gather that on your own.
  • AMD
  • Asus
  • Apple (Long time Mac hater, new Mac lover. :thumbsup: )
  • Abit
  • Mushkin
  • Corsair
  • Western Digital
  • Seagate
  • Sun
  • HP (HP-UX, and a few of their printers)
  • M-Audio

(Probably forgot a lot of good ones though.)

Descent

Hella Constipated
Hypertron said:
CompUSA brand anything
Their monitors rock cock. My 15" LCD I got from them is a gaming god. Also, it's analog only, but the image is so perfect I honestly can't tell the difference between DVI and this.