WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Origin of your username

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I used the forum search and didn't see anything about this, so sorry if I missed it.

How did your username come about? Also, (for some reason I always like to put a name with posts), what's your real name? (You don't have to include it if you're not comfortable doing so)

NoSubstance came about because I thought it was cool, simple as that. My real name is Taylor, my middle name is Smythe (Yeah, lame. I know. I'm irish and about one quarter spanish).

Punk Ass

sometimes Blond
Punk Ass is what my boyfriend calls me. i call him troublemaker
and my name is Janai. it rhyms with july

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
Senores and Senoras...
MariustheGreat came from my 8th grade history teacher...i started using it when i needed to come up with a domain name for my website....i usually go by astroman or cornohollio on my messengers and what not...
www.mariusthegreat.com ....its not up anymore tho....
Mario Enrique....latin lover...
im thinking of taking up...dorkus rexius....since im a huge dork...

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
NoSubstance said:
I used the forum search and didn't see anything about this, so sorry if I missed it.

How did your username come about? Also, (for some reason I always like to put a name with posts), what's your real name? (You don't have to include it if you're not comfortable doing so)

NoSubstance came about because I thought it was cool, simple as that. My real name is Taylor, my middle name is Smythe (Yeah, lame. I know. I'm irish and about one quarter spanish).
I like TWISTED secks..

ferengi

Yay fire!
My username comes from Star Trek. The Ferengi are a race of aliens that are pretty much used for comic relief.
And the 74656 - part of the Starfleet registry of the starship Voyager (Star Trek: Voyager) NCC-74656

I'm a pathetic Star Trek nerd. It's sad, I know. :p

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
sad...yes...pathetic...oh yes.....
...just kidding mate.....hehe.cheers.... :cool:

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
lets see, my name came about in a couple ways, i enjoy the fact that it stands for Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition, and amazingly enough its also the name of my favourite movie

undiehiker04

Future Conquistador
My Username came about in a strange way you see it was my gf's going away party (she wasn't my gf at the time) and everybody was just sitting around being lazy and the chick whose house we threw the party had a mountain right behind her house sooooo since everyone was just lounging around being lazy I jumped up and stripped to my boxers and ran up the mountain my gf (not at the time) followed and did the same. We almost made it to the top. It was pretty cool. adn the '04 just stands for 2004
and my real name is Thomas Wood. Well that's the story.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
at first when i was still into cars i got the name skyline (nissan skyline)and cobra
(shelby cobra) and after a while it just stuck.................i try not to have people know thats where i got it from.................my real name is logan sorese

Chris

Sick Bastard
Hello...My name is Christoffer, and I'm a alcoholic...

No, really, my username is Chris cuz' that's what everyone calls me at school...even the teachers...exept for this british woman...likes sticking to tradion...uses my fullname...Christoffer....god I hate it...

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
youknowthedeal originated from a saying that my friend have when he was stoned and slangin... so i jacked it from him and used it.

The_DEA came from bein in IRC and not havein my name fit, so i came up with
The_DEA = the dealer education assn. and i like it so i changed it.

btw im Lowell Bishop

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Chris said:
Hello...My name is Christoffer, and I'm a alcoholic...

No, really, my username is Chris cuz' that's what everyone calls me at school...even the teachers...exept for this british woman...likes sticking to tradion...uses my fullname...Christoffer....god I hate it...
MY oldest sons name is christopher. that is a good name, I like it.

And I am pretty sure that everyone can fugure our how I got my nic, as a matter of fact I just posted about it yesterday.

So, my boyfriends name is dustin, the z is there because I could not find the s on the keyboard and the girl is because I am his girl.

And once again:

dustinzgirl said:
Now, I understand, and have had this discussion before, about how having my boyfriends name as my name makes me seem like I do not have my own Identity, self esteem, ect.
Not true, because I am very much a part of who he is and he is very much a part of who I am, and we are very different people. For instance, he has his cars and games that he enjoys, and his very grounded and logical attitude. Where I have my writing, my school and career, and a very illogical, kind of chaotic and slightly flighty attitude. But, we are made for each other, part of each other. That is what is signified in my name.

I also chose this nic so that I would not have the immature "wanna fuck" PM's that girls always get, god I hate those.

BTW: Just incase you didnt realize this yet, CopyLifted is my boyfriend, we live together and raise our family together. Not married and do not plan on being so, because I do not need to pay the governement money to signify that we have love and commitment.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
i thought thats where u got that name. i like that song homer made about his name

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Dan George... Dangeo was the user name given to me back in High School... and I decided to use it for email... then I changed subscribers and Dangeo was taken so I just added the 23 because thats how old I was...

anti-movielife

self medicated
well my fav band is the movielife...but then they broke up so i got pissed and put the ole anti- in front...i also like to think of it as a half-assed political statement...yo...

i'm a lazy activist haha damn the man! save the empire....

Chris

Sick Bastard
dustinzgirl said:
MY oldest sons name is christopher. that is a good name, I like it.

And I am pretty sure that everyone can fugure our how I got my nic, as a matter of fact I just posted about it yesterday.

So, my boyfriends name is dustin, the z is there because I could not find the s on the keyboard and the girl is because I am his girl.

And once again:
Goddammit! I keep changing my opinions on you, ok, you don' have to shave your head, but cut it real short, cuz' you're not that normal...like ME! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Skitch0o0

Put it in MY butt...
Well, people call me Skitch and I'm an unoriginal bastard so I figured, "Hey! If people call me Skitch, why don't I just let people keep calling me Skitch?" Kinda funny how that works out.