Os.x

How' bout a Mac??

• I own one, and I love it!

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Thinkin about it, but "Fuck there expensive"!

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Windoz is a far superior OS, "I Wouldn't trade it for the world"!

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Macs are over rated steamin piles!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • I wouldn't mind havin both!

• I'm a fucking idiot and don't understand the context of the question ??

• Total voters

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Any other Mac users here besides me??

So I just upgraded my OS to 10.3 (Panther), previously I was runin 10.2 (Jaguar) and it was great. While Panther is awesome it's not a world different from jaguar that's for sure! Having run windows in the past I still like OSX over all.. Seems to be a whole lot easier to use, understand, and is stable as a mother fucker! Couple new features that are very cool are Expose, and fast user switching. Expose let's me use F9 to minimize all windows on the screen to a smaller size so I can find the window I need quickly. Fast user switching lets my GF loggin with out loggin me out and closin my apps, very cool! But I still like windoz. I felt like it ran a bit faster and was a little more internet friendly! Alas I have never had a virus on my Mac though! It's really a shame that Macs are way to fucking $expensive$ other wise I'm sure there would be a whole lot more out there in the world.

Any hoo. Macs are good, Macs are great, But windoz has all the software thats great...

Didn't mean to rhyme.... ::fpalm::

Last edited by a moderator:

swizeguy

How dare you!?
ehh this is one of those things that will never be solved for sure.. it is just a opinion.. i mean really neither is perfect.. both have goods and bad.. i have learned to use both.. i prefer windows.. i think thats just cuz im smart enough to use one .. but for you lesser computer savvy users go with mac.... :thumbsdn:

Descent

Hella Constipated
I would want a Mac just for fuckin' wit'. But I don't really see an incentive to switch, as Windows Server 2003 is the most stable OS I have ever used.

gumercules

Ultra Mega
i have to use macs for a lot of stuff and they piss me off every time. fuck 'em. computers shouldn't be about style and prettiness, they should be about getting shit done. and i don't need bouncy icons and shiny brushed-metal boxes for that shit

reaperofsorrow

Clitpickle
Macs Rule

Macs kick ass. I hate pcs. My dad got rid of our Mac for this damn pc and i hate it. This piece of shit wont do anything right.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Macs cost more, but you definitely get your money's worth. After writing Win32 apps, learing to write Cocoa was a synch.

Jung

???
Premium
reaperofsorrow said:
This piece of shit wont do anything right.
It always makes me laugh when people blame software for their inabilities.

I always hated Macs until OSX was released, but then I gave them a try and actually liked it. I still like PCs, but Macs are great too; how can you not like a RISC architecture, and an OS that's basically a pretty version of BSD (UNIX)?

All the bullshit about only "lesser computer savvy users go with mac" is pretty funny to me now that I actually own one. OSX has a much more robust, and featureful command line, and that's awesome for experienced users. I don't have to run an emulation just to access UNIX commands, like I do on Windows. OSX is an awesome development environment (I guess only less computer savvy users write programs), as well as just good for general use. Plus it's great not having to worry about viruses and malware, just to use the internet.

I still HAVE to use Windows and Linux for a number of things, but I love my Mac.

I'm still not ready to use Macs exclusively, but I will be buying a desktop for myself soon. (I own a PowerBook) I'll probably end up buying a Mac Mini for my girlfriend, as well.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Yea, I've dealt with OSX first hand and I'd agree, its a good operating system.

Personally I wouldnt mind having both, like Jung mentioned. Each serves its purpose for different areas of pros & cons. I'll probably get a Powerbook in the Fall for this coming year. Stability is key for my next pc, so I'll probably have to check around to see what would suite me best.

</rant>

Tenderony
swizeguy said:
i think thats just cuz im smart enough to use one .. but for you lesser computer savvy users go with mac.... :thumbsdn:
TWAT.

I have used both side by side for years. Which gives me more shit, the mac or the PC? The PC. Before you say I dont know how to use it, I do. I built it, and it has been running for months perfectly, until last night when it died for no reason.

</rant>

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Descent said:
I would want a Mac just for fuckin' wit'. But I don't really see an incentive to switch, as Windows Server 2003 is the most stable OS I have ever used.
how in the hell do you get it to run correctly, everytime i have tried i get the blue screen of death when i restart.

Jung

???
Premium
Hypertron said:
how in the hell do you get it to run correctly, everytime i have tried i get the blue screen of death when i restart.
In Server 2003? I've had fairly reliable uptime and stability with that OS. I'm forced to use it on a few domain controllers, and so far haven't had any serious problems.

It's uptime sucks compared to my *nix boxes though. :p