WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Ouijja- sp? sorry its long but interesting story

MsPunK

Tenderony
hi, i was wondering if anyone on here can help me prove that ouijja (sp) is real?
these are my experiences- also, no bullshit plz i want to hear from people that can honestly say theyve had a weird experience

when my mother was 16 she was in a caravan and they had a board, one of her mates sed "if theres anyone there give us a sign" taking the piss basically and the lights exploded!!!

i have always believed in that stuff but was unsure as to whether it was spiritual or something to do with our thought and another dimension of telepathy.
i started doin em when i was about 15, for a joke at first, but the first real experience happened at school in a room full of curious people that had heard we were dabbling in this stuff. The first "person" i got in "contact" with was some guy, namely john. the odd thing was, i dunno if you have these in america, but our school windows had metal cage like things over the top to stop footballs goin thru etc, and they make a big noise when hit. the metal bars were hit very hard and a huge boom entered the room, but the window led out to a back alley where no one was!!!

at this point, as i was sitting close to the window me and my mate katie bolted out of ours seats!!! i jumped over the table and did all i cud to stop myself running out, it was freaky as hell!!

the next time i did it was with sumbody called Lu.she wasnt there when we had the earlier experience. we got in contact with this john guy again who told us hed been in a motorcycle accident. i am getting goose bump-ios now :rolleyes:

theeen later on in the week, we decided to go up to some woods by our school football grounds n do it again, we were quite obsessed by this lol , n the same guy came through but he didnt say it was john. we were in contact with many other people but we all agreed we could feel when it was this particular person. he started to spell out a registration number. at this point, my friend katie, who wasnt touching the board gasped in horror.

it was her old car reg number. the old citreon that had been involved in a motor cycle accident she blamed herself for. basically they had bin driving along and she gave her mum the wrong directions, they ended up going down a street where a motorist banged into the car on a bike, and died at the scene. her mum, being a nurse tried to resusitate but couldnt. katie obv blamed herself for this. she was real screwed bout it for ages. we were all very scared by this as we could feel panic ensuing, we cudnt believe our eyes, so we asked it questions like what was the road called, what was the car colour, etc. and it was right everytime.

we had a scribe to write down al of the letters and looking back at it we noticed something else. a jumble (or so we thought) of letters actually spelt "IAMTHEDEVIL" together. sounds lame huh? well it happened. at this point the board was spelling out things like "i hate you" and "your fault" , so obv, we stopped doing it.

this is one of the many very weird experiences i have had with ouijja.

anyone out there got any weird ones???

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
lilstonerkat said:
hi, i was wondering if anyone on here can help me prove that ouijja (sp) is real???
ugh wtf are you talking about? sorry, i read your entire post but couldn't figure out wtf you meant. i think the spelling is so off it requires further definition.

Jung

???
Premium
lilstonerkat said:
hi, i was wondering if anyone on here can help me prove that ouijja (sp) is real?
I'll save you the trouble; it's a fucking game. It's make by a fucking game company. It works because people want it to, no other reason. It's a novelty, until people create little fantasies about it being real.
gurlgonewild said:
ugh wtf are you talking about? sorry, i read your entire post but couldn't figure out wtf you meant. i think the spelling is so off it requires further definition.
Exactly.

</rant>

Tenderony
Yeah its bollocks. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Don't you think if dead people could contact the living they would be scaring the shit out of people all day? Or chilling with their loved ones? I fucking would. Not hanging around waiting for some halfwit school girls to get out their ouija boards so I can make them cry. Come on.

</rant>

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
eh... hes a guy who can "talk to the dead" just by getting brain waves from you or something... Its a load of bullshit.. i was being a sarcastic idiot. :)

</rant>

Tenderony
I thought you were talking about John the motorcycle accident victim.

I'm just being an idiot.

</rant>

MsPunK

Tenderony
ha yeh john edwards is an idiot . that shit all did happen. so it aint a "fantasy" , im 18 i know what happened. i was wondering if anyone else had had a similar experience thats all.

Jung

???
Premium
lilstonerkat said:
that shit all did happen. so it aint a "fantasy" , im 18 i know what happened. i was wondering if anyone else had had a similar experience thats all.
There are medications for that. There's also a psychological phenomena, although I forget what it's called. You always hear the most eccentric people claim that shit. It's just a game; a placebo. Your subconscious is a powerful thing.

Sektor

Particinator
wtf

I seriously doubt those things are real, come on now.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
lilstonerkat said:
ha yeh john edwards is an idiot . that shit all did happen. so it aint a "fantasy" , im 18 i know what happened. i was wondering if anyone else had had a similar experience thats all.
I... I.... I am looking into your mind as I type. I see.... I see I see.... cobwebs and naked men? Pbbbffft. :thumbsdn:

Me and a coupple friends had one and at about 3 a.m. my buddy john wanted to talk to his grandfather that died a year ago. So we asked if we could and the next thing we know there was a loud explosin outside our house. It turns out the spa access panel was blown off and into little pieces. This cover is bolted on and is about 3 feet x 3 feet. Then we asked him to touch our hands and when he did they disappered and became very cold. Cold as if you stuck your hanbd in the freezer. They also started to tingle and feel numb. We asked if we could see him and we saw this huge black outline of a man. We could no longer see anything behind him. This was all in the middle of the nioght in a somewhat dark room. I belive it works and I don't like to have that thing in the same house as me.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
I'll save you the trouble; it's a fucking game. It's make by a fucking game company. It works because people want it to, no other reason. It's a novelty, until people create little fantasies about it being real.

Exactly.
It was a practice long before it was a novelty. As were tarot cards and runes. Once again, you limit yourself to that which can be easily and specifically defined.

Jung

???
Premium
dustinzgirl said:
It was a practice long before it was a novelty. As were tarot cards and runes.
So longevity of their existence proves it's factual nature? This is new to me.
dustinzgirl said:
Once again, you limit yourself to that which can be easily and specifically defined.
Religion, Ouijja boards, tarot cards, palm reading, Nessie, a flat earth, snipes.

Water, wind, metal, cars, dogs, people, computers, Radium(I had to put that in there), paper, DNA, electricity.

You do see the pattern, correct?

I do believe in certain things that haven't been proven. We talked about this the other day, but you never replied to my last post. Sorry, but I’ve never known a single person who wasn’t an extreme eccentric that claimed a Ouija board worked for them. Sorry, but a Milton Bradley novelty doesn't fit my idea of a reckoning of demons, or so as it may be. Don’t all of the tarot cards and runes supposedly require a bit more of the user, than merely reading an index card with instructions? Furthermore, aren’t these things historically make of certain materials?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
Don’t all of the tarot cards and runes supposedly require a bit more of the user, than merely reading an index card with instructions? Furthermore, aren’t these things historically make of certain materials?
Yes. to both. You often say that you believe there are things that can not be explained, and yet you are extremely quick to decide that something is not real because it can not be scientifically proven. I agree that the subconsious is a powerful thing, and many mediums are merely folci for that power, such as tarot, palm reading, spell casting....see where I am going with this? You can not say that this is all crap, because you do not know that for a fact. Science has niether been able to prove or disprove the possibility of the unknown, that is why it is unknown. It is the fate of mankind to find it necessary to classify something as existing or nonexisting. We do not like that which we can not classify. Now science knows for a fact that there are, what, 13 mathematical dimensions, that we simply can not access, but can prove that they exist. Now, two hundred years ago, someone saying that would be put to trial for being a witch. What exists in those dimensions? The possibility that our unknowns exist there is about as strong as the possibility that nothing exists in there.

Jung

???
Premium
dustinzgirl said:
Yes. to both. You often say that you beLIEve there are things that can not be explained, and yet you are extremely quick to decide that something is not real because it can not be scientifically proven.
I’m merely stating my opinions. My opinions have been formed from both a lack of proof and the (often) eccentric nature of such claims.
dustinzgirl said:
I agree that the subconsious is a powerful thing, and many mediums are merely folci for that power, such as tarot, palm reading, spell casting....see where I am going with this?
I do, but it seems to be in contrast of your previous statements.
dustinzgirl said:
You can not say that this is all crap, because you do not know that for a fact.
Sure I can, it's called an opinion. We haven’t lost that right… yet.
dustinzgirl said:
Science has niether been able to prove or disprove the possibility of the unknown, that is why it is unknown.
Touce’! Lack of proof doesn’t manifest itself as proof either. Sure, (almost) anything is possible, but there are just some things I’m going to have to see to beLIEve. For instance; flying pigs, big foot, nessie,(which is probably a bad example), Godzilla, Ouija boards, gay Christian liberals, the blob, mr goblin/ghoul/ghost… etc, etc. I’m sure you see where I’m coming from.
dustinzgirl said:
It is the fate of mankind to find it necessary to classify something as existing or nonexisting. We do not like that which we can not classify.
True, but therein lies a paradox of sorts. We don’t like what we can’t classify, so we create classifications in which we place these phenomena, ie the paranormal. Generally (and scientifically) speaking things either exist or not, there isn’t much in between. We lump the “unexplained” into said categories in hopes of giving them some credibility. The unexplained becomes the “currently being researched.”
dustinzgirl said:
The possibility that our unknowns exist there is about as strong as the possibility that nothing exists in there.
True, but I’d rather put my faith in the tangible. Like I said; I do beLIEve in some unexplained phenomena, but only those which seem logical to me. That separates a lot of issues for me personally. Of course, one's logic is a completely relative thing.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Jung,
So, what I gather is that we both actually base our belief, or not belief, on the same premis, except that I choose to believe, while you choose not too.

Also, yes, i realize the possiblity of their being a contradiction there, but the point I am trying to get to agrees and disagrees with you at the same time. i think that humans, to navigate the unexplainable, need a foci for thier energy, or subconsious, for example, the oijja board, tarot cards, cross, bible, ect. It is a focus of our internal biological energy. Now, I happen to also believe that the energy is connected to a greater source, I.E. God. I believe in God because I choose to, because all other things that I have believed in have either proven themselves false or just left me feeling like shit. I also think that for a religion, or spiritual beliefe to outlast ALL OTHER beliefs says something about its validity. Not many people worship Ra or Hera in this day and age.

Jung

???
Premium
dustinzgirl said:
Jung,
So, what I gather is that we both actually base our belief, or not belief, on the same premis, except that I choose to believe, while you choose not too.
I will agree to that; I believe that we both make informed and intelligent conclusions, we only differ in what we allow ourselves to believe in absence of proof.

dustinzgirl said:
Also, yes, i realize the possiblity of their being a contradiction there, but the point I am trying to get to agrees and disagrees with you at the same time. i think that humans, to navigate the unexplainable, need a foci for thier energy, or subconsious, for example, the oijja board, tarot cards, cross, bible, ect. It is a focus of our internal biological energy. Now, I happen to also believe that the energy is connected to a greater source, I.E. God. I believe in God because I choose to, because all other things that I have believed in have either proven themselves false or just left me feeling like shit. I also think that for a religion, or spiritual beliefe to outlast ALL OTHER beliefs says something about its validity. Not many people worship Ra or Hera in this day and age.
I understand that, but I think you also partially missed my point. No worries though, I see where you’re coming from. I just don’t fully agree.