WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Ow...my mouth...

Disclaimer: Before you read this story, I want to say that no, I do not have any STDs of any sort.

About a week ago I noticed a strange blister on the back of my upper lip. It broke shortly after I saw it, and i thought nothing of it. 3 days later, my upper lip is covered in long, white, grotesque strips of blistering flesh and I can't eat anything. Anything and everything hurts my mouth and even producing a smile makes me run for some chapstick or something.

The doctor says its a virus but I think its bullshit. All this appeared after I started taking Rhinocort, a nasal spray, and Ambioxicylin, an antiobiotic. I would post a picture, but I don't have a digital camera or camera-phone of any sort.

Right now my mouth looks like raw hamburger meat(quote my own mother), but its getting better. Has anyone ever heard of this/ have any remedies that would make my mouth feel better?:gun: :(

Base

it's a motherfucker
maybe you're allergic to something in this nasal spray or this antibiotic. I found out i was allergic to penecillin after taking some medication for my chickenpox that had penecillin in it. Just a thought

They think its the nasal spray. I'm not allergic to the amoxybiocillin, as I've taken it countless times before and it usually produces a rash if a reaction occurs. I think its the Rhinocort but the doctors have no idea.

I just threw it in the trash.:rolleyes:

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
if you have insurance, ask them to do an allergy panel and include the rhinocort. if it turns out to be the rhinocort, they should be able to prescribe an alternative.

yeah i'll see. So far I'm feeling better and the blisters are going away, ever since i took the rhinocort. Maybe I should get an allergy panel done anyway just in case whatever I was allergic to was in something else?

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
it's possible. allergies can develope later in life. i developed an allergy to fresh citric acid at 16

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
angrywelshman said:
Disclaimer: Before you read this story, I want to say that no, I do not have any STDs of any sort.

About a week ago I noticed a strange blister on the back of my upper lip. It broke shortly after I saw it, and i thought nothing of it. 3 days later, my upper lip is covered in long, white, grotesque strips of blistering flesh and I can't eat anything. Anything and everything hurts my mouth and even producing a smile makes me run for some chapstick or something.

The doctor says its a virus but I think its bullshit. All this appeared after I started taking Rhinocort, a nasal spray, and Ambioxicylin, an antiobiotic. I would post a picture, but I don't have a digital camera or camera-phone of any sort.

Right now my mouth looks like raw hamburger meat(quote my own mother), but its getting better. Has anyone ever heard of this/ have any remedies that would make my mouth feel better?:gun: :(
Then he must not be sure it's a virus. Antibiotics are ineffective against Viruses. They only treat Bacterial infections. Are you sure it's Ambioxicylin, not Amoxicillin. I'm not familiar with that one.
Did he mention Herpes Simplex 1 or (HSV-1) ?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
MaxPower said:
Then he must not be sure it's a virus. Antibiotics are ineffective against Viruses. They only treat Bacterial infections. Are you sure it's Ambioxicylin, not Amoxicillin. I'm not familiar with that one.
Did he mention Herpes Simplex 1 or (HSV-1) ?
Max is correct, antibiotics do nothing for a virus. Herpes is a virus. A cold sore, believe it or not kids, is a form of herpes. Stop kissing strange girls! It could be mouth ulcrs, syphilus, canker, ect...kind of hard to diagnose without a picture.....

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
if you want a natural remedy for coldsores/mouth ulcers you should eat fresh raspberries, it's like magic.

1ct-on!

Take the Bus , BITCH !!
ow damed !! that sound not good ,

fuck your doc for giving you such crappy medicine

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Max and DG are right. See kiddies, you should listen to your mods...

Cold sores are a form of Herpes. Herpes I know has this huge stigma as an STD but there are different kinds. You could have had it since birth. Or it can be trasmitted as simply as someone touching a cold sore, then touching a door knob, then you touch the door knob and then touch your mouth. (For example you were going to lunch behind someone with a cold sore...)

Regardless, it's possible that you have a virus and have had it for quite a while. It may have just not shown up until now. Many nasal sprays are steroids which could have the effect of causing your immune system to weaken its defence against some viral infections. So in a round-a-bout way it could have been the Rhinocort.

It could also just be totally environmental... you just caught it, or it's just now surfacing after X number of Y's since you got infected. It doesn't sound like an alergic reaction to me... but I'm not a doctor so what the hell do I know?

No no no, let me explain.

Correction: It's Amoxybiocillin, an antiobiotic that I was using for a sinus infection. I had a virus a week before I got the infection(which probably caused it) and they thought that the virus was still running its course. However I felt fine, despite the fact that I couldn't breathe out of my nose.

Void: I wish I had tried the raspberry thing. My mouth is all better now, because I stopped taking that damned nasal spray. I'll remember next time something like this happens.

I checked a medical book to see if it was Herpes Simplex or something, I've heard of it before but its not, I don't have any of the other symptoms. All I have to say is that I'm fine now, but only because I didn't take Rhinocort for the past week.