WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Owned by OnStar

Jung

???
Premium
http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewer=storyviewer&id=19279&cat=HOME
Last Update: 05/20/2005 8:51:04 AM
By: Associated Press

ALBUQUERQUE (AP) - Bernalillo County sheriff’s deputies have made one of the biggest drug busts in the department’s history.

It all started with a call made Wednesday night to OnStar by a toddler who was locked inside a Cadillac Escalade, according to a copyright story in the Albuquerque Journal.

When deputies went to rescue the boy, they found him inside the vehicle and his father, Alfredo Ibarra, 25, outside trying to coach his son to open a door.

The security service eventually unlocked the doors, freeing the boy.

Deputies became suspicious of a new trailer nearby. Inside, they found 1,700 pounds of marijuana, worth an estimated $500,000.

Authorities said the boy’s father, along with 25-year-old Eric Aniles, 52-year-old Jimmy Hogan and 23-year-old Sean Daly are in federal custody on drug trafficking charges.
:rofl:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Sounds to me like they got owned by a 3 year old.

I wonder what sucks more... getting screwed over by the over-the-top car you bought, or your 3 year old son?

Jung

???
Premium
UberSkippy said:
over-the-top car
How does OnStar make a car "over-the-top?" :confused: You can get it on pretty much any car available today and it doesn't even cost that much.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
junglizm said:
How does OnStar make a car "over-the-top?" :confused: You can get it on pretty much any car available today and it doesn't even cost that much.
cadillac escalade is an "over-the-top" suv car... onstar or not

Jung

???
Premium
I must've missed that some how.

magnolia

Postaholic
How sad. I have to say, that's one smart 3 year old.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Some guy got a DUI around here, for wrecking his Caddy in his yard, and walking into his house, not reporting it. The airbags went off, OnStar was notified, OnStar called the cops, man gets arrested. WEEEEEE

x_porcelina

Preposterous bollox
BrIONwoshMunky said:
Some guy got a DUI around here, for wrecking his Caddy in his yard, and walking into his house, not reporting it. The airbags went off, OnStar was notified, OnStar called the cops, man gets arrested. WEEEEEE
i'd love to see that report. haha...

ON Star

ON Star is going to take over the police pretty soon! Speeding and all! LOL

Later..

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:
To my knowledge,OnStar is only offered in GM cars.

That is crazy though. I'm not really too sure how the OnStar system works,somehow it seems that it might infringe on ones privacy. IMO.

Jung

???
Premium
gehtfuct said:
To my knowledge,OnStar is only offered in GM cars.
http://onstar.com/us_english/jsp/equip_vehicles/index.jsp

That makes up "pretty much" all of the most common cars on the market today.
gehtfuct said:
I'm not really too sure how the OnStar system works,somehow it seems that it might infringe on ones privacy. IMO.
OnStar is a satellite service for directions, remote door unlokcing, emergency services, stolen car tracking etc. You can see all their services here: http://onstar.com/us_english/jsp/explore/onstar_basics/services.jsp

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
junglizm said:
OnStar is a satellite service for directions, remote door unlokcing, emergency services, stolen car tracking etc.
I'm sure at some point in the future it will be a standard to monitor vehicular activities. All things concerning safety or what is otherwise concidered to be unordinary will,I'm sure,set off a little "He's fuct" alarm. What I'm not sure of is;how sensitive is the monitoring where tracking,and simple detection are concerned?

I swear, drug dealers are becoming less and less creative. Hiding drugs in a trailer? Gimme a break. Whatever happening to hiding them up your ass??​

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Chibi LOL and Rep'd!

chibi said:
I swear, drug dealers are becoming less and less creative. Hiding drugs in a trailer? Gimme a break. Whatever happening to hiding them up your ass??​
I think they only do that for heavier drugs(cocaine, crack, etc..). I wish i was the cop that found that weed, because they would be a few pounds short.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
junglizm said:
I must've missed that some how.
Yeah me too. Till I went back and re-read it I thought all this occured at the "Ice capades".

Damn Evelyn Wood Speed reading courses.