WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Pages not loading?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I'm having problems similar to this thread, with the exception of the "error" page that Unforgiven was gehtting. I'm not gehtting anything. It doesn't happen on every occasion, but when it does, it says that the page is "done" and all I geht is a black screen. Refresh wont do anything, I've hit the ole "X" button, I've even changed the brand of douche that I've been drinking. The only thing that seems to work is to log out and then, back in. And that doesn't always work. And before some computer wiz tells me it's malware or the like...it's not. It's not my computer at all. This bad boy is diesel powered, and works fine on other sites that load half as fast as this one does.

Anybody else having these types of problems? Of am I to beLIEve that the "Elvis Conspiracy" is once again trying to taunt me?

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
im having the same problem also.
Also i cant give rep to the same person more than once, even if i spread the reputation around to 7 people before that.is here some new rule? or is it genuine problem?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I'm not really too sure how the new rep system works. I'm pretty sure from what I've heard, that it won't be working as it was before. The future of cycle repping is pretty much over.

As far as the page loading, or the lack of, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't the same problem as Unforgiven's. I'm also glad to know that it's not that pesky "Elvis Conspiracy" thingy.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
lol "elvis conspiracy?' or "the club of retards conspiracy"

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
skullmaster said:
lol "elvis conspiracy?' or "the club of retards conspiracy"
Actually, my "Gaydar" software has an add-on that protects against retards as well. So I know it's not that.

Back to the subject:

Exactly what problems are you having? Do you click on a thread and it doesn't load? Does it finish only to give a black screen? Does your computer run on unleaded?

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
gehtfuct said:
Actually, my "Gaydar" software has an add-on that protects against retards as well. So I know it's not that.

Back to the subject:

Exactly what problems are you having? Do you click on a thread and it doesn't load? Does it finish only to give a black screen? Does your computer run on unleaded?
well it happens when i click on new posts in the home page. the screen goes white and in the bottom left it says done(only when im using pc, it doesnt say anything when im on the mac) or
the screen turns blue (the default skin) and it says done again.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Son of a....

It took like ten tries to geht the page open. I dunno...maybe I took a piss into my computer fan while sleepwalking.

This is what I'm gehtting. clickity

Oops! My bad...it's this one. crap and a half.

It's only been doing it for the last week of so. And it doesn't matter what skin I'm using, or the fact that I'm left handed at most things.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
you're low on diesel..

that'll be $30 for my professional help. :)

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Very odd, I haven't been able to reproduce this one...

Doesn't seem to be happening to most which makes this more difficult. Hmm.

I haven't done anything to the site in the last 1 1/2 weeks...

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Shit, I really didn't need to hear that Jason. That tells me that it's a good chance of it being the dreaded "Elvis Conspiracy". I don't know why it does it. There's nothing wrong with my computer- other than the fact that it's a late 1950's model. It seems like it started around the time when you added the new skin. It doesn't always happen, (it happened today) and it only happens here.

And it only does it when I try to open a thread. Everything else loads fine. :shrugs:

Jason

Founder
So far I have no idea what could cause this, especially in the blue skin which has had nothing changed in it coding wise (well, header and footer of course). All code on the site has been completely refreshed from scratch for the 3.5.1 vBulletin codebase so we're not using any old templates on all 4 of our live skins.

I did run into one display bug on the red rage skin (which could potentially be seen in the RR - Exhaust skin as well which involves the navigation under the header) but that bug does NOT occur in either of the blue skins. The bug on the red skins only occurred on IE, Firefox displays each of the 4 skins 100% perfect.

Jason

Founder
What I could do, is when I know you'll be on the site we could do some tests with you to try to hammer it out. With a vacation coming up for me it's difficult to do it right now but maybe I can catch you online tomorrow. I will try disabling a couple of things on the site (such as pulldown menus) to see if it goes away if you're able to reproduce these things at the drop of a hat?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
It seems to do it when I first log on. And it only does it when I try to open a thread. It almost acts like I'm using dial-up or something. Again, it only does it when I first log in, it seems to take upwards of fifteen seconds or so to open a page, or it wont open at all. Right now, it's working fine. I don't geht it.

Hmm...maybe it's the paint thinner I've been drinking???

What time is good for you? Noon...four....nine?

Jason

Founder
Hard for me to know since I have to go in for some auto service tomorrow and not sure when I'll be back.. I'll check for ya when I am online!

Jason

Founder
What browser and version are you using?

Does this occur just as frequently when switching your browser?

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Internet Explorer. I've tried Fire Fox, and Daddy was not pleased. It seemed to run a lot slower. I don't remember the last time I've updated IE, but I'm guessing that it's current. What's weird is, that this only happens here, and only as of late. I troll....I'm mean, visit other sites rather frequently, and they are not as....umm...advanced..?? as this site. I don't have this minor problem anywhere else. Those sites usually load a lot slower than this one does. Come to think of it, I don't recall noticing problems over at AS either.

Jason

Founder
Let me know if I fixed it?

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
Happens to me when I try to go into Issues. When it finally does load all the way it takes forever. I just timed it while loading...a full 30 seconds to load the index of issues. Cmputing chamber is the same way except it loaded in 20 seconds. All others open as quick as I can click on a link.