WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Painful...

Spikey

Supreme Leader
ok so i bring my roller blades to my firends house... well i put em on and go around the top of his extremely steep drive way...and my friend, being the good thinker he is, dares me to go down his driveway on my rollerblades that i learned how to ride about a 3 weeks ago. so.. needless to say my instincts tell me "fuck no!!" but i figure itll be no different from any other tumble ive had on my long list. so, i go down, lose balance fall, next thing i know my jeans are ripped and im on the other side of the street facing upwards with my wrist feeling kinda funny... i look at my wrist that is covered in blood..my middle finger is touching the middle of my forearm wit my wrist bent completely back..so whats the damage? i have a double compound fracture (meaning the bone came out of the skin in two places) i broke my ulna and my radius..so im in the hospital for a while..blah blah, its hurts blah blah they take the soft wrapping stuff off my wrist and my wrist is now swollen to the size of an apple and they puts my wrist vertically in the air and my parents gasp and im thinking "oh fuck what now?" figures they saw a little bulge covered in blood which was my bone...ok so 1 3 hour surgery and 3 hospital nights later im in a cast up to my shoulder and im put on a pain killer which, i kid you not, when you fall asleep some part of your brain which usually isnt, is awake so im seing what i sawright before i closed my eyes and fell asleep and im thinking to myself for a while *cant remember wht i was thinking about* ok so 1 month later i get my long cast cut off,*almost puke on the nurse from looking at my stitches* my elbow, which hasent been used for a month is aching and locks when i fully extend my arm ok now like another 3 weeks i get my short cast off, im unusually come when i have i off waiting for the nurse (prob cause im reading a boy scout mag, those things do wierd things to the mind O.O;;) and i have a little wrist guard on when i get home to keep my eyes off my stitches and like a months later, here i am typing with both hand ^^ my stitches arent bad but my bone is a little out of place (will move back into place)

sorry about the bad grammer and stuff... well theres my story ^^ :p

Iron Newt

Banned - What an Asshat!
OUCH! i dont think ive ever been in a hospital that long, even when i got a knock on the head and was out for two days and had to be monitored.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
SpikeySpike said:
but i figure itll be no different from any other tumble ive had on my long list.
Didn't think that one through, did we?

Spikey

Supreme Leader
yea, wasnt thinking very clear, and me and my friend used to always go down his driveway on scooters (before that when we were going up the driveway her put a hole in his garage door with his scooter wheel, his dad got pissed) oh and i forgot, when i was in the hospital his mom came up the driveway and heard a bump and when she got out of her car and looked she had ran over my, what used to be a scooter ^^ my life rules hehe:D

Spikey

Supreme Leader
lady victoria said:
Not likely to do that again in a hurry lol
yea i havent been on roller blades since O.O;;

stxrwhore

learn to swim..
and that is why you don't listen to your friends. :rolleyes:

Spikey

Supreme Leader
stxrwhore said:
and that is why you don't listen to your friends. :rolleyes:
yea some of my friends get the most retarded ideas...and im the retard that brings them to life:happysad: :(

good lord

wow man...i seriously cannot imagine something like that...so you got up from the ground and ur bone was sticking out of ur hand?!?! (makes confused face like when ur dog heres your voice coming out of the message machine)

....dude thats terrifying.

stxrwhore

learn to swim..
SpikeySpike said:
yea some of my friends get the most retarded ideas...and im the retard that brings them to life:happysad: :(
yes..my friends always tell me to do things that could get myself hurt/killed. they're some crazy bitches.

Spikey

Supreme Leader
stxrwhore said:
yes..my friends always tell me to do things that could get myself hurt/killed. they're some crazy bitches.
same here

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
SpikeySpike said:
so, i go down, lose balance fall, next thing i know my jeans are ripped and im on the other side of the street facing upwards with my wrist feeling kinda funny... i look at my wrist that is covered in blood..my middle finger is touching the middle of my forearm wit my wrist bent completely back..so whats the damage? i have a double compound fracture (meaning the bone came out of the skin in two places) i broke my ulna and my radius..so im in the hospital for a while..blah blah, its hurts blah blah they take the soft wrapping stuff off my wrist and my wrist is now swollen to the size of an apple and they puts my wrist vertically in the air and my parents gasp and im thinking "oh fuck what now?" figures they saw a little bulge covered in blood which was my bone...ok so 1 3 hour surgery and 3 hospital nights later im in a cast up to my shoulder and im put on a pain killer which, i kid you not, when you fall asleep some part of your brain which usually isnt, is awake so im seing what i sawright before i closed my eyes and fell asleep and im thinking to myself for a while *cant remember wht i was thinking about* ok so 1 month later i get my long cast cut off,*almost puke on the nurse from looking at my stitches* my elbow, which hasent been used for a month is aching and locks when i fully extend my arm ok now like another 3 weeks i get my short cast off, im unusually come when i have i off waiting for the nurse (prob cause im reading a boy scout mag, those things do wierd things to the mind O.O;;) and i have a little wrist guard on when i get home to keep my eyes off my stitches and like a months later, here i am typing with both hand ^^ my stitches arent bad but my bone is a little out of place (will move back into place)
This is the longest sentance ive ever read. Kudos on your injury. With all the stupid shit ive ever done, ive never broken a single bone. Torn tendons and ligaments are the best I can boast about.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
meh_it_all said:
Didn't think that one through, did we?
now meh, when the hell would you think that teenagers assess the situation.

Spikey

Supreme Leader
YUCK FOU!!! said:
now meh, when the hell would you think that teenagers assess the situation.
when your not a teenager??

Spikey

Supreme Leader
i just noticed tht my stitch scars turn colors randomly..is that good?

Spikey

Supreme Leader
one thing >< is it normal for like, recent injuries to hurt during, or before it rains? cause it's occured many times

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
SpikeySpike said:
one thing >< is it normal for like, recent injuries to hurt during, or before it rains? cause it's occured many times
like an ache?

that would be rheumatoid arthiritis i think, might need to get it looked at, i don't think you can get arthiritis in recent injuries.. it's usually in old bone fractures and the like.