WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Passing Out

I have a problem. Whenever I drink (not excessively .. usually around 5-6 drinks), I always pass out pretty much as soon as I lie down somewhere. This would be fine, but according to friends of mine, I cannot be woken up. They say they've kicked, smacked, and yelled at me in attempts to wake me up, but that I just don't budge :(

Does anyone know of a way to wake up a person who has passed out from drinking? (or anything else for that matter)

(P.S. I thought I posted this before but couldn't find the thread ... maybe I was just drunk and didn't press enter or something, but if I did post something along these lines a link would help thx)

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Hmm. Passing out amongst drunken friends. Not good.
Unless you don't geht bothered by the words;"Tea-bagged!"

I'd say not to drink,but I don't want to be booed out of the forum. You might try a safer habit,perhaps. Like,smoking crack. That'll keep them peepers open. Or you could throw rocks at police cars. And for the kids with the most balls,you could pick a fight with a gang of dykes.

All of the above are proven to be less painful,unless pictures of ass and ballsacks on your forehead,spammed all over the internet don't bother you. Just ask Max. He knows how that feels. :D

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Water is good to wake someone up.... just throwing a bucket of water will do wonders...

You should train yourself to be a better drinker... slow down your drinking pace to one an hour and then slowly move up from there.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
teh anarchist said:
I have a problem. Whenever I drink (not excessively .. usually around 5-6 drinks), I always pass out pretty much as soon as I lie down somewhere. This would be fine, but according to friends of mine, I cannot be woken up. They say they've kicked, smacked, and yelled at me in attempts to wake me up, but that I just don't budge :(

Does anyone know of a way to wake up a person who has passed out from drinking? (or anything else for that matter)

(P.S. I thought I posted this before but couldn't find the thread ... maybe I was just drunk and didn't press enter or something, but if I did post something along these lines a link would help thx)
Well first let me tell you my friend;I am compelled to agree with my associate Dr.gehtfuct. You're headed down a shadowy path toward tea bagging and “Pwned” pics. This is a problem that needs to be addressed if you plan on having a normal recreational development. It’s something you need to act on Today!

Ok, you’re aware of your problem, and that’s the first step. The next thing you do is seek help. That’s two down… Break time, how ‘bout a beer?

You ask us if we know how to wake up a person who has passed out from drinking. I think you may want to go about it a different way.

1. When you go out drinking, ask yourself “Who am I with? If I pass out, will this crew serial teabag me?” - You need to know you’re with people you can trust. Remember, when you’re passed out on a strange couch, you’re vulnerable to a myriad of ruthless and psychosexual, pranks. You need to surround yourself with caring, supportive friends, who won’t let you wake up with “Balls Go Here” in marker pen, on your forehead.

2. Know the lay of the land – When you arrive at a drinking venue, take note of the layout. Make sure to steer clear of any spacious accommodating furniture or other domestic fixtures. Don’t let a thicker than normal carpet, suck you in. It may look flat and uninviting, but after a couple; that barren broadloom, becomes a slumberous utopia of cut pile paradise.
If you must sit; a stool, preferably wood with no back would be an ideal find. If there are none available, then any small straight back, marginally comfortable chair will do. Better you should remain standing as much as possible. (Remember; sit briefly as a break from standing, not vice-versa)
Leaning against a wall not only holds you up, but if done correctly, even makes you look cool, relaxed and comfortable in your own skin, (or so you think after a few more brewskies).

3. Stimulation - Try and mingle with members of the opposite sex. In your initial look around the place in step two, take that opportunity, to notice the available mating partners. Women are known to have the uncanny ability to keep our attention. Not the talking kind, but the ones that have had a few more drinks than you, and are table dancing in nothing but your hoodie; and making suggestive gestures, as if to un-zip at any moment.
You’ll these vixens of social recovery vital in your progress, so follow their lead. Remember, they only want what’s best for you, (if you got a cool car).

Well that about covers the three cardinal rules to keeping awake, after alcohol consumption. I hope this has been helpful. My greatest satisfaction is when someone comes back to me and says “Max, I gluv heeww man (Hiccup) yer the best”. If I can make an impact on just one person’s life each day, I’m a happy man.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Another approach is to mitigate lazy,sleepy effects of the alcohol. Adding a stimulant can do this. I like drinking Vodka with Redbull energy drink. Another is old classic Irish Coffee. The caffeine and sugar keeps you up as the alcohol pulls you down.
But be careful, if you drink too many (and yummy mixtures like Vodka-Redbull are good for) too quickly, you may skip the lazy stage and go straight to retarded/don't remember anything stage. Which is potentially just as bad as passing out prematurely.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Drink water at the same pace as you drink booze.

One pull of beer, one swig of water. Repeat.

You will never get a hangover, and you won't pass out (at least not as fast or as deeply).

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
before you begin to pass out, be sure to lay to water dishes by your sides, one filled with ice cold water, one piping hot. Your friends should take care of the rest.

Bitch Bucket said:
Plug Your Nose! Plug Your Nose! =d
Which does what exactly?

tb, max, and anyone else concerned, I always drink with people I know and trust not to mess with me if/when I pass out.

The problem isn't avoiding passing out, I just don't pay attention enough to stay up, and when I do pass out no one can wake me up.

Instead of ways to avoid passing out, how does one wake a person up who has already passed out aside from using water, smacking, kicking, or yelling?

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
teh anarchist said:
Instead of ways to avoid passing out, how does one wake a person up who has already passed out aside from using water, smacking, kicking, or yelling?
Umm... alarm clock? Heh, I know of no other ways to wake up, regardless of the level of sobriety.

I guess some people just fall into a deeper sleep than other. My friend Kevin's nephew could fall into such a deep sleep that you could jump up and down on his chest and he wouldn't wake up.

We used to open his eyelids and blow into his eyes, we would stick Q-tips up his nose, we'd jump on his chest, and smack him in the face with his own hands and he'd stay deep asleep.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
He said, aside from punching, kicking or using water.

TA, How about smelling salts. Those things that you snap with your fingers and waive under the person's nose.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
teh anarchist said:

You are not supposed to wake them up. Purchase the following:

Colored permanent Markers )Sharpie=the best)
Glitter Glue
Scissors
Koolaid
Superglue
Lace

Now, what you do with those, well, use your imagination!

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
teh anarchist said:
Max, you should create a textbook to life.

Thanks everybody so far, and any other ideas are still welcome.
That is so true. . . Could you quote this in your textbook? I promise I'll read it if it gets to Alaska.

MaxPower said:
How about smelling salts. Those things that you snap with your fingers and waive under the person's nose.
I've never heard of them... *googles*

and dg .. I drink with friends ... we don't fuck with eachother like that

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
teh anarchist said:

Maybe you need to start drinking with enemies. :sword:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
teh anarchist said:

They use them in hospitals and on ambulances. They're small white things about 1/4 in. diameter by 2 in long. It's a glass vial wrapped in cotton padding and a Kevlar mesh, filled with an ammonia based liquid.
When a person passes out, they snap it between their fingers and waive it quickly under the nose. The Ammonia vapor is so intense that it kind of takes your breath away, and it makes you gasp. The physiological reaction forces you to wake up.