WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Pentagon Finds Bush's Guard Records

tzedek

Original Member
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon (news - web sites) on Friday released newly discovered payroll records from President Bush (news - web sites)'s 1972 service in the Alabama National Guard, though the records shed no new light on the future president's activities during that summer.

A Pentagon official said the earlier contention that the records were destroyed was an "inadvertent oversight."

Like records released earlier by the White House, these computerized payroll records show no indication Bush drilled with the Alabama unit during July, August and September of 1972. Pay records covering all of 1972, released previously, also indicated no guard service for Bush during those three months.
I wonder where he went... maybe rehab? Another thing could someone define "computerized" for me? Does that mean it was put into a computer originally or has been comuterized since or what?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
We'll show you the records,

uh, oh, we lost 'em,

oh look, we found them,

but they don't say anything,

surprise, surprise....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a bunch of crap...

Descent

Hella Constipated
What do you expect? The U.S. has a dated governmental system. It's a little too heirarchial by todays standards...It's easy to get much of the government (and the media) in your front pocket if you are the president.

tzedek

Original Member
voiceofreason said:
We'll show you the records,

uh, oh, we lost 'em,

oh look, we found them,

but they don't say anything,

surprise, surprise....
yeah but the fact that it doesnt show anything is bad for Bush...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Well I missed my last months drill... but U know what... I get to make it up... another time... you never hear anyone say whether he made up the time or not... maybe he did it early in preperation for being away... I'm not sure.. I just know that it is common and you can still have a good year if you don't make up all the drills... anyone that knows military paperwork, knows that it is usually screwed up... the Reserves still owes me 2 drills worth of pay and my first reenlistment payment of 1000 pretax dollars... I am not on my units active books but I still have to show up for drills (this weekend as a matter of fact)... I have to sit back and be patient... its called "hurry up and wait"...

I know someone that went and studied in Europe and they let him do half of the years drills early in the year and the other half near the end... all in a row.. so as far as the military was concerned he complied with his obligation.. he had to pay for all flights back to the US and he had to attend annual training...