WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Pets

ferengi

Yay fire!
I was curious as to what kind of pets some of you guys have, if any, and what your favorite animals are. We have a terrier mutt we adopted from the pound a few years ago. I'm also going to be looking into getting a horse once I start going to college and get situated financially. Hooray for scholarships :thumbsup: .

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
ferengi74656 said:
I was curious as to what kind of pets some of you guys have, if any, and what your favorite animals are. We have a terrier mutt we adopted from the pound a few years ago. I'm also going to be looking into getting a horse once I start going to college and get situated financially. Hooray for scholarships :thumbsup: .
I have 3 cats, and a dog.
I love all my cats but my dog is more like a friend than a pet. He's a beagle/english pointer mix. Smart as a whip, and a ton of personallity.

Pachyderm

I really did.
These are my two babes. The black one is CJ and the multicolored one is Maribel. They're trained like dogs to come when they're called, to stop, to stay, etc. I love em.

ferengi

Yay fire!
Pachyderm said:
These are my two babes. The black one is CJ and the multicolored one is Maribel. They're trained like dogs to come when they're called, to stop, to stay, etc. I love em.
How in the world did you manage that? Any cats I've ever had have been extremely independent and pretty much ignored me except during feeding time.
My dog, though, is very obedient and loyal. Well, I shouldn't even call her my dog because of how attatched she is to my grandfather. That seems to happen a lot with me. The pets I've had mostly gravitated toward other people and never bonded with me. Except for a puppy I had when I was six years old named Sam. He went everywhere with me, slept at the foot of my bed... then the poor boy got hit by a car the day before my seventh birthday :(
Oh well... maybe I'll have better luck with horses.

ferengi

Yay fire!
Oh, and I also had a cat named Phoenix when I was 9 that liked to hang around me, but someone poisoned her with antifreeze :(

Pachyderm

I really did.
Well...It's hard to explain how exactly I trained them... But I got CJ from the pound the day before he was supposed to be put down, he was a little younger than 1 y/o. Maribel was from a litter from another cat I used to have, she was born very skittish. It's easier to train cats if you have two, because if one cat starts to do it, then the other one will. CJ just came very well adjusted and when training a cat to recognize it's name, you train it like any other animal, you just call it it's name a lot while doing good things, that way it will associate this sound it's hearing with good feelings and it will come when you call it. Maribel was really skittish until I forced her to stay inside in my room with me. After about a month she got really comfortable with me being there as to come on the foot of my bed. When she was still I would just pet her and call her maribel and love her. So when teaching something to an animal, don't feed it treats because then it's like a tease. When it does something good it will think it's going to get a treat when it will not. If you teach it with petting and what not, it gets it everytime.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
This is our Miniature Hamster. HAMTARO...... and he don't fuck around....

anti-movielife

self medicated
TwisT said:
This is our Miniature Hamster. HAMTARO...... and he don't fuck around....
whoa.....i always thot hamsters were evil but that guy looks like he'd bite off my nads for touching his pellets....

but anyways.....

i have a cat, he's retarded

magnolia

Postaholic
This is my dog Rupert. He is fully grown. He's a toy breed and weighs only like 10-13 lbs. I love him to death.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
anti-movielife said:
whoa.....i always thot hamsters were evil but that guy looks like he'd bite off my nads for touching his pellets....

but anyways.....

i have a cat, he's retarded
Well his original name was satan, But my boy liked HAMTARO better.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have a basset hound named Otis. He's 9 years old, and a purebred (and he's supposed to be the mayor of shiteville, he came from a big show line). Needless to say, he's extremely stubborn, and we can't train him to do jack shit. He does whatever he wants, and whenever he wants to. He can't go more than 15 minutes without being lavished upon, my Mom has had dogs all her life and she says she's never seen a dog as attention-hungry as he is.

He's got a deep, low croon of a bark/howl, and he's fat. Not as fat as most bassets, but he's pretty chubby. Needless to say, he's the shit. I couldn't imagine life without him... I love that dog so much. He's got an unbeleivable personality.

I'd post a picture, but they're all too big... I'll take one soon.

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
i have a lasa-teri-poo its a mutt but smary as hell and a tabby names mike he has a different personality... ill post pics later

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Ok...lets see..
I've got...

4 firebellied newts
3 Piranahs
2 iguanas
2 dogs-shepard,pittbull
1 betta-jap fighting fish
1 fire mouth ciclid
1 gecko
1 snapping turtle
1 firebellied toad
and a fuckin' annoying parrot.
**gehtfuct looks around for other animals**
I think thats all,unless you count the kids.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
ferengi74656 said:
i have a dog.

ferengi

Yay fire!
My cousin used to have a ferret that he let have free roam of his house... We had to be careful when eating, if We turned our head even for a second he'd steal food from us, and half the time we wouldnt even realise it.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
CL and I have five kids. Does that count? LMAO
We have an expensive chiahuah that shits all over the girls room. But other than that he is a pretty cool little guy.

I so want a pekinese, but CL wont let me buy any more pets, because he always gets stuck taking care of them.

Pachyderm

I really did.
I want a biewer so badly! They're mini-yorkshire terriers and look like walking teddy bears if you cut their hair short.