WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

phobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoso

Zappafied
i suffer from Mycophobia. it plagues me every day... (im serious too, but i think its funny that no one knows what that is without having to look it up)

Jung

???
Premium
Mysophobia? The fear of being dirty/tarnished?
WaFfLeS said:
I hate you. :mfinger:
Well that was quite random... and generic. :lol:

Zoso

Zappafied
nope its deff a "c" mycophobia

Jung

???
Premium
Nevermind, I found it. That's quite a fobia you have there. :)

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
Definition: Mycophobia refers to an abnormal and persistent fear or aversion to mushrooms.

WTF? :confused:

Zoso

Zappafied
dont know what my problem is.. but ever since i was a kid ive had an emmense fear of mushrooms. its kinda compulsive. if a mushroom touches my skin, i constantly have to pick at it, till theres no skin left. then i cant get it clean. ITS NEVER F-ING CLEAN!!! i usually end up pouring bleach on it. if i eat one, i induce vomitting until theres nothing left to hurl. also, i dont really have a bad temper, but if a person is playing a joke on me, or thinks it funny to put a mushroom near me, i go crazy. ive thrown a guy into an icy lake, and ive sprayed a guy till he bled with a power washer..... lol. i guess everyone has their quirks

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
BadgersBadgersBadgersBadgersBadgers.

Whats there to fear?
Do you think that it's going to somehow grow on you or corrode your skin?

Interesting phobia though.

Zoso

Zappafied
cant explain it. never have been able too. i dont understand why people have some of the fears they do...

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
There was a show on phobias once I saw on TV. Pretty interesting the types of fears out there. Butterflies, teddybears, and yes I've heard of mushroom fears before.

I don't have any seriously fucked up ones that make me scream, but I do have the basic fear of heights. My knees will collapse under me. It's hard to change a light bulb even. I'm short so if at any time I'm able to touch the ceiling I get the same weak knees thing. Also I get really shy if I am in the spot light. I talk a lot but I don't like being the one standing in a room of people staring at me like as if I were making a speech.

Some more unusual fears I have is fear of fog, fear of clowns, and fear of big open spaces with a lot of busy-ness around me like a department store, especially when it crowded. it's not small rooms, just big rooms with tall ceilings but a lot of people and stuff around me. I'll get panicky.

I used to have a more unusual fear of people's faces. Looking at people was not a problem but touching their faces was. Go figure, I now touch faces for a career. LOL!

Wow, mushrooms. The weirdest i've heard of is being afraid of aluminum foil.

As for me, I have a fear of throwing up. I just can't do it. When I get nauseaus(sp?) I start panicking and turn into the biggest baby. 20 years old and I still have to get my parents when i think I'm gonna throw up. They dont like it much when you wake them up in the middle of the night telling them you're gonna throw up and to come to the bathroom with you. But, congrats to me, been puke free for the last 5 or 6 years. :woot:

Sinamon

~Broken Angel~
I have a bad fear of bugs. Yah yah I know, I can kill them and Im 24. So, what the fuck ever. Flying roachs, beetles, spiders, horseflies, regular flies if they land on me, worms and bugs and everything. OMG!! expecially locusts and secadas or whatever. I will run out the room and cry and scream like a baby. Even those lil lighting bugs :(

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Zoso said:
cant explain it. never have been able too. i dont understand why people have some of the fears they do...
ive got an X-friend who had a deathly fear of cotton balls, she would stop breathing if it touches her skin.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
YUCK FOU!!! said:
ive got an X-friend who had a deathly fear of cotton balls, she would stop breathing if it touches her skin.
That's quite strange
and the mushroom one too.
Interesting...

I won't share my phobias. :rolleyes: :p

meh_it_all said:
That's quite strange
Interesting...

One of your phobias is me being too badass.

There, I told the world. Happy? :happysad:

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
meh_it_all said:
That's quite strange
Interesting...

but she was the most ordinary chick you would have met, she was hugely anti-drugs, and never smoked weed or took anything.

i have a phobia of spiders, but i'm getting better, so maybe it was just a huge ass fear. i would break out in cold sweats and my heart would race as soon as i seen one. but i taught myself control, now i can either kill it or put it outside without those happening.
i have obsessive behaviors too, i hate foods on my plate touching, everything has to be devided. if i try to put gravy on it! forget about it, i have to try to put individual gravey on each item, without it mixing, if it mixes then its contaminated. i can't eat with my step dad, he puts everything in a mound and dumps the gravey over everything. including salads, pickles, etc. ya i'm a freek when it comes to eatting. if i order a burger, god you should see me pick those apart. pizza, i used to eat everything off it individually, so i used to eat hawiian(esier to pick at) i would eat all the pineapple first, then ham, then the cheese, i would use my fingure to get all the tomato sause off then eat the crust. so mushrooms is nothing. try having to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.