WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Phone Fishin!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
I'm in the market for a new cell phone and plan! So far I've had Sprint, and now T-mobile. Sprit sucks, I had more dropped calls and shitty connections than I can count. T-mobile has been great. Never any probs except in a few elavators, and bookoo extras with service plan! I'm likely to stay with them knowing that the service is good in my area, but I need a good phone and I'm lookin at a motorola V600. Any body have this phone?? I've checked reviews and it seems like every other site gives a good review, and some are marginal... I have a Sony Ericson T-610, and this bitch does it all. Infared, blue tooth, Camera, the whole nine yards. I don't need all that junk but the camera, and the blue tooth, which the V600 has.

What I relly want to know is, do you like your phone???? More important do you like your service provider???

magnolia

Postaholic
My phone is ok. My area has very poor reception, so I deal with lots of dropped calls. But I have one of those pay as you go plans and I don't much like it cuz I'm spending about $20 every couple weeks or month for it. Yeah, that sounds like a good deal, but u get far less min than with a reg plan.

Jung

???
Premium
TwisT said:
I'm lookin at a motorola V600. Any body have this phone??
I sold mine about three weeks ago to get a MPX220, before that I had a v400. They're great phones, I love Moto's. The MPX220 is a newer model, although I'm not sure if T-mobile supports it. It is a quad band phones though, so it should work. The onl hard part would be finding an unbranded one, but you can buy a cingular one and edit the software via the usb cable. You should check out www.phonescoop.com to see what phone you want, and read reviews of carriers. I'd stay away from the Sony Erricsons, they're not made very well at all.

MPX220:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=478
Motorola's first quad-band Windows Mobile Smartphone. This feature-packed, clamshell-style smartphone sports a megapixel camera with flash, Bluetooth, dual color displays, internal antenna, speakerphone, and 64 MB of memory plus a miniSD memory card slot.
Personally, I'd suggest Cingular, they just finished the merger with AT&T and now have the largest GSM network in the U.S. They're already starting to roll out the newest technology. We already get EDGE service here in New Orleans. I've never had more than the expected occasional reception problems with Cingular.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
junglizm said:
I sold mine about three weeks ago to get a MPX220, before that I had a v400. They're great phones, I love Moto's. The MPX220 is a newer model, although I'm not sure if T-mobile supports it. It is a quad band phones though, so it should work. The onl hard part would be finding an unbranded one, but you can buy a cingular one and edit the software via the usb cable. You should check out www.phonescoop.com to see what phone you want, and read reviews of carriers. I'd stay away from the Sony Erricsons, they're not made very well at all.

MPX220:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=478

Personally, I'd suggest Cingular, they just finished the merger with AT&T and now have the largest GSM network in the U.S. They're already starting to roll out the newest technology. We already get EDGE service here in New Orleans. I've never had more than the expected occasional reception problems with Cingular.
Funny cause my Ericson crapped out 2 months after i bought it (while text messaging) I got a free replacement. And t-mobile does support the V600 so I'm in the clear there. Thanks for the great link! book mark that one.