WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Photography

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Hey y'all
I know i havent been on here to much lately. Some of the oldies might kinda remember my few scatterd posts from months prior.
I have been really busy with work and school and with some new hobbies.
What I come on here for now is some feedback. I just threw together a quick website. Please check it out tell me what you think.
Thanks

Check it out!

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Thanks!
That one was about 300. Not bad compaired to what i had seen and it take some great pics. I had to down size every pic because no site i found would let me upload them. 6.1 mega pixels.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Nice pictures, I enjoy photography :thumbsup:

I wish I had the time to get good at it.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Premium
Nice work with a digital cam.
I like the water shot.
You should try traditional photography.
Lots more fun, adn you leanr more about photography through your own work.
I switched and never went back to digital.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
Farceur said:
Nice work with a digital cam.
I like the water shot.
You should try traditional photography.
Lots more fun, adn you leanr more about photography through your own work.
I switched and never went back to digital.
Traditionsal photography is the shit. My dad has this 13 year old canon that is a woner. I Feel its much better than the new digital cameras and you have more control on what you want to give importance.

Oh yeah and the pictures are amazing. I think you would be amaazing with a traditional camera
Give it a shot:thumbsup:

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
Nice photos. The one with the white birch in blk and wht is really neat. Great subject for a blk and wht shot.

Speechless

Stardust's boyfriend
Very nice! I espically like the one in the top left corner :thumbsup:

I love photographing, I use my dads 30something year old pentax which rocks, but I'm still only a learner...

Easty

Click click boom
nice pics, now how bout your sister:D

j/k they're good:thumbsup:

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Eastside said:
nice pics, now how bout your sister:D

j/k they're good:thumbsup:

Umm thats my girlfriend.... shes 18..... believe it or not...

I Have tried traditional photography. I have an old Pentax K1000 that i took the pictures of my girlfriend with. (second row from the bottom)
Sorry thats huge... but...
I bought the digital camera i did because it lets you have most all of the options that you can get from traditional cameras. That camera is really nice and when i have gotten the pics developed i have found that they have come out looking better than a tradtional camera.
I never thought i would go to digital but i found the camera that will never make me go back to traditional.

(Plus digital is cool cuz you can see the pictures instantly and know if you want to change the slightest detail before you move on.)

Thanks for taking a look!

Happy thanksgiving!

Nice. I'm a fan of the black and white ones.
I found an old cannon cammera and an enlarger at home so a while back I bought a whole bunch of chemicals and stuff to get a dark room going... the effort of getting started turned me off a bit and its now collecting dust... you may have inspired me to give it a shot, thanks.:thumbsup: .

Anyone with any tips on setting up dark room?

kindbud

Banned - What an Asshat!
nice shots.

i dabble a bit in photography and have the same 'rock' you have...the pentax k1000. it was my first slr in highschool, but for vacations, i use my digital camera.

as for which is better, depends on what you want. film can be equivalent to about 25-26 megapixels from what i've read, but if you are making a family album, digital is great. and if you enjoy messing around in photoshop, digital makes that an easy task.

i've shelved the pentax and bought a few digital cameras. latest is a sony 5mp camera that does very well. i like taking a 100+ pics and weeding out the bad shots on site and unless you want to spend lots on film, and have a mobile lab, you just cant do that.