WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Plamegate, a great article.

jamesp

In Memory...
Special report: Bush faces his Watergate

Sleaze, leaks and an indictment add up to the worst presidential crisis since Nixon. And it will get worse. The White House has lost one key man but the whole chain of command may be engulfed by a scandal slowly revealing the lies that led to war.

Presidential second terms are prone to scandals, from Bill Clinton's embarrassments over Monica Lewinsky to Ronald Reagan's implication in the Iran-Contra imbroglio. But the troubles now circling George Bush's White House could be even worse than Watergate.

It might not appear that way at first. Mr Bush is unlikely to have to join Richard Nixon, the only president in US history forced to resign from office. But the issues raised by "Plamegate" - the leaking of the identity of Valerie Plame, an undercover CIA agent - are far more significant than those involved in the "second-rate burglary" of the Democratic National Committee's offices in Washington's Watergate complex in the 1970s. They go to the heart of why America, and its faithful ally, Britain, went to war in Iraq.
This article is, in my opinion, great. It is informative and presents this whole incident in a light that most people, me included, didn't see. Enjoy.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
very nice article, but one thing that shocks me is that the magnitude of deaths in iraq. Whenever one or two american soldiers are killed, it make the papers as headlinees, but the fact that hundreds and thousands of iraqis are dying. Even more surprissing is that i have met some people who think the wasr is justified and that many of the iraqis deserve to die. Absolutely filthy....terrible things happening in the world in this age.

*shakes head*

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Good article.

I would love to know what "Scooter" and I'm sure Rove thought was reasonable punishment for Joseph Wilson telling the truth about a false uranium buy. Did they think it was ok to just destroy his wifes' career, or did they want her to be killed?

If this isn't a wakeup call that this administration is completely out of control, I don't know what would be.

StreetRacer864

Banned - What an Asshat!
skullmaster said:
i have met some people who think the wasr is justified and that many of the iraqis deserve to die. Absolutely filthy....terrible things happening in the world in this age.
Sick. Iraqis don't deserve to die, just the insurgents (sp?). Terrorists deserve to die, no question. That's just my opinion.

jamesp

In Memory...
Keep in mind that we invaded them. We are the invaders, these insurgents are fighting a unlawful invasion to say the least. Its attrition damage, Bush knew that there would be attrition, there always is. History has proven the fact that occupation is always fatal, so don't get too offended when Americans die. Mr. Bush is to blame, if anyone, that those people are dead.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
Thee gas.

Maybe it should be said in a sister thread, but we are also as a country partly to blame. If we didnt have so many cars for each family, we wouldnt need so much gas. It is obvious that Mr. Bush went there for the oil, and all of this could have been avoided if we had an excellent public transportation. Not only would that save our natural resources, but it would also lead to a drastic reduction in pollution, as the us emits the most harmful gas as compared to other countries.

The general apathy of the masses is also to blame. Don't you notice how people around you seem to forget that we are at war? Few remember unless they're affected directly and they quickly forget when it becomes too much of a hassle to their daily routines. It's sad how much of this could have been prevented if people just did their duties as good citizens.