WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Playing with AJAX

Jung

???
Premium
I'm working on redesigning my personal site while I have some free time, so I figured I would play around with some AJAX. Right now I'm mostly testing a means of navigating the site without refreshing the entire page. Anyway, here is the link for anyone interested. The site is pretty basic right now though, so don't expect a lot of visual appeal. http://www.justinb.us/ajax/

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I use AJAX methods where I work. Makes web apps seem a lot more responsive.

mattOmynameO

I hate stuff
Hold on to your ass... lol...

I haven't gotten around to playing around w/ AJAX lately. I spent the last year or two starting my web development learning, and now I'm learning some other languages (Mainly C++, at the moment).

I've just started entering into the programming world, though... i r so newb. Oh well, It's fun...

Is AJAX amazingly complicated? Again, I haven't seen any source codes of anything w/ AJAX in it, so I have no clue what to expect. =P

Oh, and I hate Visual Basic. Don't know why... but ... ew..

edit: I just saw your source part of the website... cool!

Jung

???
Premium
AJAX isn't really complicated, it's just a way of using javascript to pull XML or XHTML content into a page without refreshing the entire page. The (very simple) source for what I used is on the page, just click the source link.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
AJAX is great, the only downside is if people accidentally hit the back button and lose all of their current information/selections. :(