Please God, put me under.

Easty

Click click boom
if you've ever had your wisdom teeth pulled, you know what i'm talking about. i had mine pulled a couple summers ago. first, they made me watch a video about the potential risks of having the procedure done. there were some obvious ones like vomitting, upset stomach, etc etc. the last one was possible death. did you get that? POSSIBLE DEATH FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! oh well, the doc must know what he's doing.

so later that week as we pull up i noticed something awesome. the doc's partner in open mouth surgery was cocayne. i am not shitting you. it was probably that right there that put my mind at ease enough to finally get it done. so i go in, and right off the bat they put me in the oh so comfy dentist's chair (you know what im talking about). they put the N2O mask on me and left. they come back 5 minutes later noticing that it did nothing to me at all, so he injected me with the anesthetic (sp?). that knocked me out like a light. i woke up about 5 minutes after the operation, and had to be dragged to the waiting area where my mom was. i was still gone, my head was spinning so fucking fast.

anyway, we got in the car to go to wal-mart to get the pennicilin i needed to treat it at home. my mom went in and i just kinda sat in the car. the whole time, blood, spit, whatever else was accumulating in my mouth. i had a stuffy nose, so i basically could not breathe. i looked around for people, and saw no one. i opened the door of the car and let all the gunk run out of my mouth (the muscles used for spitting were too weak, so i had to make due). it was at that point that i look over to my right and see some elderly woman staring at me. she bolted inside. it was at this time my mom came back.

"how ya feelin'"

"great, we gotta go...NOW."

damn that day sucked

FireAngel

Schmexy
Yeah, I remember getting my wisdom teeth pulled. When they woke me up all I wanted to do was go back to sleep, but they wouldn't let me. They helped me to a bed and got my stepmother to come. I started crying and mumbling stuff (because you can't talk right after being numbed). Man, I was a wreck for no apparent reason. Apparently females do tend to cry after coming out of general anesthesia (sp?) because of our hormones. Chris asked me later what I had been saying, and I couldn't remember. The next couple of days sucked.
Btw, East, general anesthesia has been known to kill people. It's a rare chance, and it's not something the doctors can control. They think it might have something to do with the reaction in the body. There's a risk every time they use it, that's why they don't use it often.

Jarilith

Tenderony
Isn't dentistry fun???

Didn't they give you gauze or cotton rolls or at very least an irrigating syringe to take with you? I assume from all the hullabaloo that they did a full surgical removal, complete with IV sedation? People do some pretty fucked up things when they come back out of that sedation....My dad is kind of a weiner when it comes to dental fear/anxiety, so when he regained consciousness after surgery, he was drooling all over his shirt, so they sent him home with a bib, and he leered after this older woman saying "See her? She thinks I'm hot.... I'm a CHICK MAGNET, huh, yeah...oh, but dont tell my wife" Apparently he didn't realize that he *was* talking to his wife. He then proceded to pull out his cell phone and picked a random number from his phone and called this guy at work and told him what a "great guy" he was, "and man, I just can't wait to see ya, 'cause, man, you're just so coooooollllll........"

But on the bright side, I got them to save the root tip that they extracted to gross him out with later. And he will NEVER live that down....You just drooled some blood in front of an old woman, and since you recall doing that, you were in decent shape. Plus, that was at Wal-Mart, so you are definitely NOT the first person to do something like that in their parking lot.

Hang in there, dude. I don't know if you've ever had a dry socket before, but they are super painful, so to avoid them, and I know its kinda sucky, but no straws, no smoking and no spitting big masses of blood at old ladies, Ok? :thumbsup:

Easty

Click click boom
they did give me gauze, which did nothing. throwing up in the toilet was much more productive :thumbsup:

also, they sewed everything back together with that material that eventually disintegrates in your mouth. it was like i had a kanker sore (sp?), i couldnt stop tonguing it.

jar, ever had fillings put in? okay let me rephrase that question...

have you ever had fillings put in when the dentist drills through your fucking root?! that is probably the most pain i have ever felt in my entire life. worse than when i snapped my knee

The Indian Ho

Fresh Meat
Yeeeaaaah... I dont have to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I HAVE ROOM! YAAAAYYYYY ROOM!

Blood tastes weird. Kinda like metal.

Its not that I LIKE the taste, but I admit its kinda cool... I dunno.. Im odd.

This is my first post ever on this site... so.. sorry its so short and stupid. :happysad:

FireAngel

Schmexy
The Indian Ho said:
Yeeeaaaah... I dont have to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I HAVE ROOM! YAAAAYYYYY ROOM!

Blood tastes weird. Kinda like metal.

Its not that I LIKE the taste, but I admit its kinda cool... I dunno.. Im odd.

This is my first post ever on this site... so.. sorry its so short and stupid. :happysad:
Psst, if you haven't already, go to the Welcome Wagon and say hello there. Everyone will welcome you, and you can kind of get a feel for things.

dull_bullet

Lay out!
YAY FOR INDIA!, well i'm not from india, i'm from pakistan. but close enough.

but as for wisom teeth... [sarcasm] i just can't wait for them to come out, those damn useless bumps in the back of our mouths. woot [/ sarcasm]

teh anarchist

Ånarchist
Oh fuck no, root canal + anesthetic not working = hell in mouth ... like my entire body felt like I was lying on scorching coals ... worst - pain - ever.

FireAngel

Schmexy
teh anarchist said:
Oh fuck no, root canal + anesthetic not working = hell in mouth ... like my entire body felt like I was lying on scorching coals ... worst - pain - ever.
Ow! *cringes* Okay, now I'm sorry I checked up on this thread again. Man, that sucks beyond words.

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
My experience getting my wisdom teeth out was somewhat more enjoyable. I went to a clinic and they showed me that same video. I wasn't really concerned with the "probable death" part because they had some very experienced doctors. I got the surgery done and the first thing I said when I woke up was

"I probably look like a fuggin chipmunk." (quoted. addressed to my mom)

That anastesia (spelling wtfever) really messes with you. I was laughing about being wheeled out in a wheelchair the whole time we were leaving and then for a couple minutes in the car. I distinctly remember that feeling: laughing for the hell of it...it felt good.

My mom laughed at that. Then we went to the Krispy Kreme which had just opened and my mom bought like 2 dozen donuts just to piss me off because I couldn't eat them. It was cool though, I took a box and hid them in my room...payback.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I love Krispy Kremes.

I know what it's like for the anastetic not to work durring a root canal. It was all that I could to to keep from knocking the dentist out.

Dragonfly

Hiding
Krispy kreme's are too damn sweet. I like one every now and then but too many makes me sick :thumbsdn: But i love going to the krispy kreme place on friday and sat nights coz the huge parking lot is filled with all the done up and hot cars :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
My wisdom teeth grew in almost pain free when I was 13, and I'm going on 17 in October, and they have actually help me chew shit. The only pain I felt was a slight dull pain, of course from my gum getting split and shit!

<3 My Wisdom Teeth.

The Indian Ho

Fresh Meat
sorry...

dull_bullet said:

but as for wisom teeth... [sarcasm] i just can't wait for them to come out, those damn useless bumps in the back of our mouths. woot [/ sarcasm]

Um... Im indian, like "native american.

Its confuseing, AAANNNDDD Funny.

:)

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
dull_bullet said:
for some odd reason that made me think of the movie "booty call"

hove420

the shocka
only one of mine came in and they are waiting for the others, but they pulled the one, and before it i smoked 3 joints to get me set for a little bit. but when they gave me the gas i was lost...so lost, but i could still feel pain...i think that was the most horrible procedure ever!, i mean damn, i was fucked up on some great nuggs in 3 fat ass spliffs and the fucking gas and it didnt do shit, so like halfway they noticed i was flinching, stopped and put some other shit in me, i dunno what it was, but i was out. but when i woke up they let me sit there and wait for the shit to wear off, thats when it hurt the most,fucking hurt through my enitre body, so i went home, took some tylenol and smoked another spliff and i was out for the rest of the day...still cant get the blood out of my sheets and pillow casses...*sigh* guess i need new ones

Easty

Click click boom
el crotcho said:
hey guess what buddy i gotta get mine done this summer its gonna be one hell of a time!

haha, you got a big mouth boy, but not that big :)