WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

please help

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
i dont know where to stick this, and im not feeling myself rite now, my and my freind just had a conversation, and he has all these thoughts in his head, some1 plz help me, i dont know wat to say, i tried to be calm, i tried to calm him down, it just wasnt working, we had conversation over AIM, if he ever saw it, idk, he mite hate me for showing the conversation, and that is the last thing him, and i need. he kept saying how he wasnt good at life, and how he isnt worthy of it anymore, and how everything that he got attached to, is taking away, some1 plz help me, and my freind out, im digging my hands in my head here, idk, he mite serously commit suicide.

urbestbet

Clitpickle
you really need to spend time with this friend,get him from wherever he is and have a talk,whenever someone threatens about that subject its a rule you MUST TAKE IT SERIOUSLY,tell him ANYTHING POSITIVE,if its really bad your gonna have to talk to his parents(don't give me any shit like,you can't do that)suggest counseling

^good advice^

But I must say that I hate counseling, it alone could almost drive me to suicide .. even though I'd never do that. Anyway, yea just talk with him. Aim is generally a last resort if you're trying to talk about something serious at least talk on the phone, or better yet, in person. Nothing helps depression (if that's what's up with him) like having a reliable friend that will help a guy out whenever. If you care enough for him, be that friend. Good luck to both of ya

my guess
talk to your friend take him and do any sort of activity like play soccer or something
sports usually calm down a person and make him feel happy
its not a long term solution but it gets you started
again there are those helplines or whatever give it a shot ask them for advice

RGN-dRaGoN

Chaos Dragon
he is a online freind, so i cant personally talk to him, i met him on another message board and we exchanged AIM adresses, we became good online freinds though, good enough that he expressed what he was going through. yea, i care alot about him, and i told him any possitive things i could think of, but he seemed to hate himself. thank you all for helping, i might suggest counseling, that seems like a good idea, but im trying to be a freind and not make he turn away from me. i tried to get him to calm down, i know how it is when you react like that, idk how you people feel but realationships get good online almost as thought you know the person and seen him yourself. so please dont act like he is just an online freind doesnt really matter. is there anything i can do more... omg.. if it feels like if he was to die, i could have prevented it by saying something that didnt help, and i bassicly couldve just saved someone's life, but failed, is there anything i can do??? thank you all for trying to help, i greatly apreciate it.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I have friends in this same situation, mainly because they can't get girlfriends, their family sucks, their friends always lie to them, shit like that.
I was in the same situation, and I know what your friend is going through.
Heres what you do, you try to cheer him up, by doing anything possible.

If you send me a PM with what he said, I can give you great advice. :thumbsup:

Bauber

Captain Love
I wish him and yourself well. I hope that you can help him through this.

edited for flaming

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!

Edited
(note smoke did not saying anything rude or nasty, it was edited out because of the quoting the poster above)

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Shouldn't we get back on topic

(edited)

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
WARNING 1

Bait and tackle is for flaming NOT HERE...

get on topic or I will bann ya.

Gianefro

Crazed pervert
God damn journey

The most effective suicide prevention techniques are peer groups. you need to get some friends together and make him feel like life is worth living. Mabye get him a girlly. that would work too. But dont play any journey music. REally journey is that bad. fo real

Bauber

Captain Love
screw_ball said:
Hey, that Bauble guy sorta has a point. Well, considering the fact that he's a Barbara Steisand-loving Daikatana-sucker.

Your grammar (not grammer) sucks ass. But you're also sorta right. Well, considering the fact that you seem to have the learning capacities of a KFC Family Meal.

He's stupid. A lot.
I fucking hate Barbara Streisand. I wish she would die and burn in hell for eternity.