WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Pointless Euphemisms

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Why do feel it necessary to put a pretty face on Sex? Bullshit like "making love" or "having each other" is pointless and not realistic. 98% of the people having sex right now are not doing it with someone they "love" or not doing it for procreation. And while we're on the subject, I think the official term should switch from "Reproductive Organs" to "Fun Organs", because its unrealistic to think that the majority people use their "Reproductive Organs" to reproduce.

Just a quick note before I head out....have fun with it kids. :thumbsup:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Sorry I have only made love. I do not look or think of sex, as just fucking. Making love is something very special and it is clear to me that you have never done so. When you make love you give your entire self to that person, its not about your pleasure or his pleasure but the beauty you are sharing together. Sex is a beautiful thing. I think its people's judgment that makes it so UGLY or thought of as being Dirty.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I'm touched.....but as the saying goes "Majority Rules"

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
bigck3000 said:
Majority rules or do people just tend to follow in forum with the other sheep. Those that stray away are often left to die. Funny how that works when you think about. You say 98% of the people having sex right now are not in love with that person. So married people are not counted then. So you are speaking only for single people and one night stands. I have to wonder in total population how much of those people make up the majority of the earth. If you can so clearly speak for all of them. 98% is a large number, find it hard to be the voice for all those people.

tzedek

Original Member
i doubt its 98%, but it probably is a large number.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Yea 98 wasnt supposed to be taken literaly but like he said, its disproportionatly large when compared to then number who are "making love". I dont want it to be this way, I'm being realistic. I'm sorry if that offends you, but your idea of how sex should be and how it is are two different things. The last time I checked the divorce rate was something around 50% (dont quote me). I'd say that the majority of marriages are without "love".

I'll prolly make a thread on this "Love" after govt class.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
bigck3000 said:
Yea 98 wasnt supposed to be taken literaly but like he said, its disproportionatly large when compared to then number who are "making love". I dont want it to be this way, I'm being realistic. I'm sorry if that offends you, but your idea of how sex should be and how it is are two different things. The last time I checked the divorce rate was something around 50% (dont quote me). I'd say that the majority of marriages are without "love".

So we know what the problem is. What is your solution?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
bigck3000 said:

You can't say they are with out love. You don't know the reason of divorce amoung people. Could be a result of a drinking problem. Money issue. Maybe a person just wasn't there or they were two diffrent to live together. All of which have very little factor to do with love.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Well since we are all entertaining this really romanticized version of marriage....doesnt the old saying go "Love conquers all" bah.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
bigck3000 said:
Well since we are all entertaining this really romanticized version of marriage....doesnt the old saying go "Love conquers all" bah.
Not really sometimes even if you love a person you have to let them go. Either for personal safety or other reason.

Love does not always mean happiness.

VenomHowell

Cynical Piece of Shit
bigck3000 said:
People as a whole are idiots. That's why the inverse of Majority should rule in most cases... Though people who do things in spite of popular opinion are ever bit as big of idiots as conformists, just the same.

On the subject, I'd never have sex with someone if I didn't love them... Why? Because fuck, I'm still a virgin dammit, and I want my first time with someone to be a special occassion, not something done for nothing more than carnal, animalistic pleasure. And yes, I am a guy, and YES I DO BELIEVE IN LOVE BEFORE SEX.

And for the whole reproductive organs thing... Heh, it's impossible for myself and my current love to reproduce anyways, so they are still 'fun organs' to me, just to be used only when the proper time comes. *snickers*