WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Poll: Voters Say Iraq Didn't Merit War

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
LOS ANGELES - A majority of American registered voters now say conditions in Iraq did not merit war, but most are reluctant to abandon efforts there, according to a new Los Angeles Times poll.

Voters are increasingly concerned that Iraq is a quagmire America cannot escape, and they are doubtful that a democratic government will be established there, according to the poll published in Friday editions of the Times.

Sounds like the "votes are in". It's not just the smart people who know it was a big friggen' mistake.

I assume you will all admit it now...

VOR

VelvetAcid

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, America voted for bush.. they can only blame themselves :( :thumbsdn:

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
VelvetAcid said:
Well, America voted for bush.. they can only blame themselves :( :thumbsdn:
VA pay attention.

No, they voted for Gore, but Jeb Bush stole the election for his brother.

VelvetAcid

Banned - What an Asshat!
heh, ok. Well then "true" americans acutally have NO say in his or hers government? Besides, Gore is just as stupid as bush, ether way you = fuck ;/

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
VelvetAcid said:
heh, ok. Well then "true" americans acutally have NO say in his or hers government? Besides, Gore is just as stupid as bush, ether way you = fuck ;/
Shit happens sometimes, you gotta learn to roll with it.

Non-Americans always say things like that. It makes them feel better about living in lesser countries...

magnolia

Postaholic
i hate it here. I don't even stand for the pledge of alligence. i'm really torn with who to vote for because kerry seems weak will all his flip flopping, but I'm not happy with the bush administration either.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
VelvetAcid said:

I don't like bush myself. But what do you know anyway you nazi bastard. you guys had the worst "dick"-tator ever to walk the earth. Oh, and by the way we kicked you sorry asses too. We had to, the French folded like a house of cards

Pompus German guy = Cocksucker.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
magnolia said:
i hate it here. I don't even stand for the pledge of alligence. i'm really torn with who to vote for because kerry seems weak will all his flip flopping, but I'm not happy with the bush administration either.
Where ya gonna go Mags, where ya gonna go?

You have 2 choices, Kerry (?) or 4 more years of this Fuster Cluck. Seems pretty straight forward to me...

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
magnolia said:
Don't fall for that "flip flopping" bullshit, it's just the negative propaganda blown out of proportion by his competitors. The fact that the man is willing to change his mind about something if he realizes it could be wrong does not make the man weak, it makes him sensible. It's just political twisting and catch phrasing to try and make things seem simpler to the voters than they really are. And in my opinion, there is no way Kerry could screw up as monumentally and habitually as Bush. Plus let's face it, Bush just plain makes Americans look like dumbasses every time he opens his mouth or makes one of his clueless monkey-faced grins on tv.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Skorch said:
Don't fall for that "flip flopping" bullshit, it's just the negative propaganda blown out of proportion by his competitors. The fact that the man is willing to change his mind about something if he realizes it could be wrong does not make the man weak, it makes him sensible. It's just political twisting and catch phrasing to try and make things seem simpler to the voters than they really are. And in my opinion, there is no way Kerry could screw up as monumentally and habitually as Bush. Plus let's face it, Bush just plain makes Americans look like dumbasses every time he opens his mouth or makes one of his clueless monkey-faced grins on tv.
Nicely put Skorch.

I'd like to add that Bush also makes us look stupid by:

- watching Americans, and others die everyday in Iraq, so that he & his friends can make money
- driving the US into ground by spending wildly AND giving tax cuts
- trying to sell us an education policy "No child left behind", that does work
- folding to big Pharma, and screwing our senior citizens on drug costs
- I could go on all day...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I really wish he could have been more like his father. Now there was a president George Bush Sr.
George W Bush seem to me like the son trying to live up to his fathers accomplishments but keeps failing miserably. Just look at him, everything he touches turns to shit. (except for the contracts that he hands over to his college buddies at haliburton)
That brings up another point. Has anyone seen him lately? Does he look like hes back on the cocaine? or tipping the bottle?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
MaxPower said:
I really wish he could have been more like his father. Now there was a president George Bush Sr.
George W Bush seem to me like the son trying to live up to his fathers accomplishments but keeps failing miserably. Just look at him, everything he touches turns to shit. (except for the contracts that he hands over to his college buddies at haliburton)
That brings up another point. Has anyone seen him lately? Does he look like hes back on the cocaine? or tipping the bottle?
Once an alcoholic & drug addict, always an alcoholic & drug addict - but now he's high on power...

Asi

Banned - What an Asshat!
I still don't know what this war meant to be... :confused:
I see it like this: the americans should quit making order in the world!!! :mfinger: in iraq, in Yougoslavia, and otha' states

magnolia

Postaholic
I think that something had to be done, but honestly, lets not exhaust our resourses right away, okay? The one good thing about this war is that we now have Suddam. I can't see too many other good things though. :(