WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Pop-ups for Pop-up blockers

DumbAss

Dumb as an ass, Dumbass.
Why the fuck are their pop-ups advertising for pop-up blockers? Probably because software companies realize that pop-ups are a very good advertising method. But seriously, If i see a pop-up for "Captain Swatter's Pop-up protection" I'm not gonna fucking click on it. It's just so damn ironic, and the people making these ads are dumbasses.

"Sir, how should we advertise for the new pop-up blocking software? Television Commercials?"
"Naw, too expensive. Just make some new pop-ups, they're cheap."

WTF!!!!!
:mfinger: :mfinger:
:gun: :gun:

phil

Clitpickle
DumbAss said:
Why the fuck are their pop-ups advertising for pop-up blockers? Probably because software companies realize that pop-ups are a very good advertising method. But seriously, If i see a pop-up for "Captain Swatter's Pop-up protection" I'm not gonna fucking click on it. It's just so damn ironic, and the people making these ads are dumbasses.

"Sir, how should we advertise for the new pop-up blocking software? Television Commercials?"

WTF!!!!!
to you and me they're dumbasses, to 10 year olds/45 year olds who have just started on p.c's they wont have a clue and they'll click it, like them fake windows messages 'your p.c is running too slow, click here' and i remember in I.T at school this girl screamed 'OH MY GOD! i've just won a million pounds! i was the 1,000,000th visitior to this website! :O' (y'know rthat pop-up that flashes loadsa colours... heh.

ahhhh the n00bs are conversing. how delightful. thatnks for that.....um....enlightening....post Dumbass

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
anyone ever just follow through with a pop up just to see where it'll lead?

i saw a thing for a free 19" flat screen monitor..so I said sure what the hell

turns out it's all the same, you have to do a survey, participate in a sponsor that costs something...and then you get it

oh well..maybe one day I'll find a free one as in really free for sure
like the dollar stores where it's a dollar, yet there's tax, so everything is really 1.07 or 1.13
that's not a dollar store, that's a dollar thirteen cent store :mfinger:

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
Seije said:
anyone ever just follow through with a pop up just to see where it'll lead?

i saw a thing for a free 19" flat screen monitor..so I said sure what the hell

turns out it's all the same, you have to do a survey, participate in a sponsor that costs something...and then you get it

oh well..maybe one day I'll find a free one as in really free for sure
like the dollar stores where it's a dollar, yet there's tax, so everything is really 1.07 or 1.13
that's not a dollar store, that's a dollar thirteen cent store :mfinger:
lol
then their should be a .94 cent store then it would be $1.00 for everything

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
i hate the pop-ups that say "shoot the aliens and get a free X-box" or something like that........... you can click no where near the aliens and still it says "GOOD SHOT" WtF

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Oh, Sorry, Wrong thread. I though this was about toaster pasteries.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
DumbAss said:

WTF!!!!!
fuck u and welcome

Descent

Hella Constipated
MaxPower said:
Oh, Sorry, Wrong thread. I though this was about toaster pasteries.
LMFAO! That's some funny irony...