WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Pope given last rights

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
682
0
0
#1
CNN

As a non-religious fellow, i can say that this was a great man,who, while he did make some mistakes, he also did excellent things for the Catholic Church. May he rest in peace.
 

Boycott

Soul Doubt
1,387
1
0
#2
Hes not dead yet... only very ill... RIP may not be the best thing to post.
 

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
682
0
0
#3
won't be long... hard to come back from a urinary tract infection at 80-something, even with divine intervention...
 

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
1,086
0
0
#4
good god, that was quick. last rights infers some serious shit.
poor pope, i hope they can make him as comfortable as possible!
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#5
gurlgonewild said:
good god, that was quick. last rights infers some serious shit.
poor pope, i hope they can make him as comfortable as possible!
actually, it has changed over the course of the last 20 years or so. Though it does still convey something serious is going on. It is now known as "The sacriment of the sick", fyi. He is suffering from Septic Shock, and has a very low unstable blood pressure due to collapse of blood vessels. He also has trouble breathing/swallowing. :(
 

gotamangetlost

Pierced and tattooed!
8
0
0
#6
I agree, He isn't dead yet, He was a great man who did alot of great but yes he had his mistakes but so does everyone i dont know what he is holding on to tho.. What more does he need? His time is near i think it is time to let go he already has his spot in heaven.
 

tzedek

Original Member
2,515
3
38
#7
haha best handle ever
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#8
Tzedek said:
haha best handle ever
I second that ;).

Nobody should die like that. That's painful as hell, and is by no means necessary.

We need euthanasia for humans :(. If I had to die like that, I'd figure out a way to commit suicide, if I had the strength...
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#9
chucktheskiffie said:
CNN

As a non-religious fellow, i can say that this was a great man,who, while he did make some mistakes, he also did excellent things for the Catholic Church. May he rest in peace.
Ummm, you mean by keeping things exactly the same, and ignoring the fact that the preisthood is leading institution for pedophiles to hide, all the while sitting on a vast fortune that could solve world hunger, is that what you mean by good things for Catholics?

Look, he was a,nice old guy, but let's not pretend he was some sort of innovator.
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#10
voiceofreason said:
Ummm, you mean by keeping things exactly the same, and ignoring the fact that the preisthood is leading institution for pedophiles to hide, all the while sitting on a vast fortune that could solve world hunger, is that what you mean by good things for Catholics?

Look, he was a,nice old guy, but let's not pretend he was some sort of innovator.

At least he tried. What have you done lately?
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#11
dustinzgirl said:
At least he tried. What have you done lately?
He tried ! Try is for losers. Do is for winners.

The post is about the Pope, not me.

Here's what I would do, if they decide to make me Pope:

  • Admit that sexuality is normal, and that not allowing people to have sex is just weird. Priests can NOW have families and a sex life.
  • Boot all the sexual predators from the Church.
  • Accept Gays in the Church - God loves ALL people
  • Let women be Priests - why not.
  • Take the Billions, yes with a B, and help to feed, house and educate poor people around world.
And I would "actually" do it...
 

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
2,429
0
0
#12
VOR, those are good points. However, given the history of the Church, his lack of evil actions make him an above average pope. If a pope were to publicly state the things VOR meantioned, the cardinals would probably assassinate him.
 

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#13
Woodreaux said:
VOR, those are good points. However, given the history of the Church, his lack of evil actions make him an above average pope. If a pope were to publicly state the things VOR meantioned, the cardinals would probably assassinate him.
True he wasn't evil. I'm sure he's a nice old dude, and I guess for most Catholics that is enough. Shoot low I guess.

Yes, if he made any of those moves, he would be the first Pope to lose his job...
 

Jarilith

Tenderony
168
0
0
#14
It strikes me as odd that non-catholic ppl the world over all seem to be deeply and personally concerned for the intimate health details of the pope. These same ppl don't want to hear the simple details of the ailing health of their close family members. The know the pope has a urinary tract infection, but they could give a fuck that grandpa needs bone marrow, or can't afford his Rx medication. All sorts of random ppl are in a frenzy over "praying" for the pope. My aunt even called me from 2 states away to ask if *I* was saying my prayers for the pope, never mind the fact that her sister is in the hospital with pneumonia and she can't be bothered to visit her. We're not catholic, I am not religious, but she somehow has the time to hassle ME about the POPE!?!?! Sounds pretty fucked up to me.
 

Boycott

Soul Doubt
1,387
1
0
#15
Heh, Its only big news if the pope dies... I guess your aunt is worried about the media coverage.
 

Jarilith

Tenderony
168
0
0
#16
My aunt needs a kick in the asshole with really pointy shoes....

It'd be good for her....really. Not sure I wanna drive that far to do it, but if you want something done right....