WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Posers

yotaka

Clitpickle
I am so tired of people saying "You're such a poser" or, "Good Charlotte are such posers!!" You know what, I don't fucking care. If you think I'm a poser, than you couldn't be more fucking wrong. I like to dress a little punk sometimes, the black nail polish, the fishnet stockings with the Hello Kitty wristbands... and people come up to me and say I'm a fucking poser. you know what? I wear whatever the fuck I want to wear!!! And when I want to wear it! If i feel like dressing up as a fucking tellytubbie I will!!!

And what's with saying Good Charlotte are posers, why? Just because they are famous doesn't mean they are posers. They still do what they wanna do and don't care what the fuck people think. I mean, ahhhhhh!!! Who the fuck cares!!!!!!

Fuck everyone god damn it!!! :mfinger: People reall should find a hobby. :gun:

"I am whatever I say I am." ~Eminem :sword:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
You know that text sucked to read. Please, in the do not write in it anymore.

Second ask yourself what makes someone a poser. If you truly dress the way you want to... good! Who cares?

Honestly, just think about this in the big huge picture does it really matter. Just tell them straight out this is my style, i don't really limit myself to groups and labels. And if you do... I feel sorry for you.

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
yotaka said:
I am so tired of people saying "You're such a poser" or, "Good Charlotte are such posers!!" You know what, I don't fucking care. If you think I'm a poser, than you couldn't be more fucking wrong. I like to dress a little punk sometimes, the black nail polish, the fishnet stockings with the Hello Kitty wristbands... and people come up to me and say I'm a fucking poser. you know what? I wear whatever the fuck I want to wear!!! And when I want to wear it! If i feel like dressing up as a fucking tellytubbie I will!!!

And what's with saying Good Charlotte are posers, why? Just because they are famous doesn't mean they are posers. They still do what they wanna do and don't care what the fuck people think. I mean, ahhhhhh!!! Who the fuck cares!!!!!!

Fuck everyone god damn it!!! :mfinger: People reall should find a hobby. :gun:

plz godd charlotte are posers there not punk,why not trying to listen to green day, offspring or rancid thats real punk music.

yotaka

Clitpickle
otepsoul said:
plz godd charlotte are posers there not punk,why not trying to listen to green day, offspring or rancid thats real punk music.
I do listen to those bands. I love the Offspring, The Casualties, Random Jeff and etc.. I don't like Good Charlotte that much really. But I just think people should back off a little. I mean. I think Good Charlotte really does not care what people think, people like you. :D

NightmaresDream

Nightmares Dream
yeah

hey i agree with yotaka
good charlotte aren't posers and people shouldn't make fun of them! :mad:
they dont suck and people should give them a chance
if u dont like em well shut up nd let other ppl enjoy their lives witout you blithering idiots annoying us about it!!! :mfinger:

NightmaresDream said:
hey i agree with yotaka
good charlotte aren't posers and people shouldn't make fun of them! :mad:
they dont suck and people should give them a chance
if u dont like em well shut up nd let other ppl enjoy their lives witout you blithering idiots annoying us about it!!! :mfinger:
i have given them a chance... two songs of theirs made me say no way

u people...

get it thru ur fuckin heads! GC is NOT punk! there a bunch of fuckin teenybooper pop shit! there fuckin pussys w/ guitars! GOOD AND REAL punk bands are like the ramones, the clash, flogging molly, dead kennedys, get the point! :mad: :mfinger:

I'm not understanding how you can claim to not be a poser. Everybody is in some way a poser. Nobody is truly who they are. This may offend some people, but no matter how much you say it, it will never come true. To a certain extent, everybody conforms.

yotaka said:
please....if your going to quote eminem, quote him right
"I am whatever you say I am." ~Eminem "The way I am"
and if you want to challeng me on the lyrics
http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/display.cgi? eminem..marshall_mathers_lp_explicit..the_way_i_am
go there and check me
biiiiiiiioooooooooooooooooootch

Pachyderm

I really did.
Good Charlotte isn't punk at all. You can't be punk and make pop music at the same time, pop is the antithesis of punk. They're are definitely teenyboppers. As for me I really do dislike the whole 'punk-style' and say if it's a style then it's not punk it's poser, again popular (style) does not equate to punk it equates to poser, which is why I would say poser.
About Desdemona's post about poserality (yes, I am pretty sure I just made that up). No one can truly be original, we are all influenced in someway or another, you're right. But people who aren't considered poser usually take bits and pieces of their style, or their art, or there cars, etc. from many objects and/or people. People who aren't considered poser, are usually comfortable in their own skin and don't have a particular style like Abercombie, Hollister, sporty, punk, etc. whatever.
I apply this theory to my art (no one is original) because we are all influenced by many artists...no way around it.