WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Posting Abreviations...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanitee

I know where you live!
I'm kinda new to this posting thing, so I dont really know what most of these abreviations mean... Can someone fill me in?

Iv'e got the obvious ones like:

OMG - Oh My God
LOL - Laugh Out Loud

Like what the hell does "pwnd" mean???

:question:

Insanitee

I know where you live!
Fair enough. But its not, and I asked a pretty easy question for people like yourself to answer. If you wanna be a dick, thats fine.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
this should be named "itt we post abrve8shnz 4 4mz"

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
It means you've been fuctified with a nice verbal beat down. I'm sure "PWNED" began as a typo. I mean the "o" key and the "p" key are pretty fuckin' far apart, right? [/cares]

Insanitee

I know where you live!
I guess knowone's going to answer the question, so I'll just post a random pic:

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
Insanitee said:
I guess knowone's going to answer the question, so I'll just post a random pic:

I guess you should learn how to read. I just told you what it was you gimp.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
It was in some game where the develpoers accidentally spelled it 'pwn' and all the nerds were like lmao
true story

for slang abbr, or just looking for definitions to words youve never heard b4 www dot urbandictionary dot com

2. pwnd
A variation of the word "owned". The only reason that this word came about was because of a typo, and given that P and O are right next to each other. It has nothing to do with combining words or anything of the sort. It is rumored to have come about from an early Warcraft3 map, in which the creator meant to have a trigger say "Player X got ownd", trying to use the "1337speak" variation of "owned", but hit P instead of O, thus giving birth to "pwnd".
You have been pwnd. Etc...

omgstfu noob pwned!

Knick Knack Patty Whack, give a dog a b-owned!

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
For those actually curious on the subject - Link. A really comprehensive, constantly updating list.

Wikipedia is the curious person's friend.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
switch_scribe said:
For those actually curious on the subject - Link. A really comprehensive, constantly updating list.

Wikipedia is the curious person's friend.
if its a friend why won't it return my calls :(

Status
Not open for further replies.