WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Potentially Offensive Comments

"If theres anything I've learned from being a oxygen-sucking fleshbag for a little over two decades now its that people will instantly become offended at any thing you do. You don't necessarily have to be making deliberately offensive remarks or trying to be an ass, it just happens.
People nowadays try to pass themselves off as liberal-minded and accepting of other people but are quick to jump on the bandwagon if they hear/find/see/smell something that could be potentially offensive.
People will persecute you for anything, ESPECIALLY your own opinons.
If you speak your mind about something they'll have something to say about it. Put any amount of emotion in a statement and people will smell that like sharks to blood and attack. If they're not offended, they're worried someone will be. They need to make it known that your opinion is wrong because it might make someone cry.
Heres an example:

After not visiting this forum for months I was browsing the threads. I came upon the thread about Goth people and read about two pages of it.
I'm a big Maddox fan and I understand that while his comments could be offensive to our alternative-natured brothers and sisters, he does actually have an opinion that hes probably been slammed multiple times for.
Hes not the issue here, but the thread that was inspired by Prano's reproduction of the article.
There was immediately the people, I don't remember who they are or what they said, who jumped on him for posting the article. Someone accused him of claiming it as his own even though he posted Maddox's name at the bottom of the document.
I admit I didn't read past the first couple of pages on the thread because it seemed like just a bunch of people re-hashing bullshit about him offending goth people. Thats my main reason for starting this article. The man has an opinion and you want to change it. If he wants to make remarks that seem ignorant to you then he can. I'm tired of having to watch what I say around people because they'll think I'm some sort of redneck, hillbilly, racist, sexist, elitist, classist, asshole with an anti-social complex.

To your potential offense to my opinions I have chosen to make the following statement:

Fuck you.

I am of the rationale that if you're going to be offended at what I say no matter what, I might as well do my best to offend you and get my moneys worth. No longer will I let my opinions on midgets, single mothers, people on welfare, single midget mothers on welfare, ethnic minorities, ethnic majorities, alcoholics, junkies, gunshot victims, children, Americans, B.C. Hydro, the middle class, homo/hetero/bi/metrosexuals, cancer patients, people with disabilities of any kind, fishermen, rapists, rape victims, animal-rights activists, people of any religeous creed, produce dept. employees, freaks, geeks, goths, skids, jocks, rednecks, wanna-be goths who can't afford leather so buy a cloth military trenchcoat from the Salvation Army, polite people, the elderly, women (especially women), and people who make typos fall silent anymore.

I'm sick of people's holier-than-thou shit.

I'm sick of pussy-footing around when I consider making a post and then saying "Aw fuck it" and abandoning my text diatribe because I think theres going to be someone who might break down and cry because the mean man on the computer screen said something they don't like.

If you cry at something I or someone else on the internet posts you might as well kill yourself now and save yourself the trouble of living a life full of disappointment and pain. It seems like you're not well enough adjusted to the real world in order to live there. Go join the rest of the losers who decided that living was a bit too hard for them and swallowed a bottle of pills or french-kissed a lawnmower blade or whatever those depressed people do.

If I offend you theres not something wrong with me, theres something wrong with you."
Posted on my friends local forum. Thought I'd share it with you lovely people.

Pachyderm

I really did.
People will persecute you for anything, ESPECIALLY your own opinons.
If you speak your mind about something they'll have something to say about it. Put any amount of emotion in a statement and people will smell that like sharks to blood and attack. If they're not offended, they're worried someone will be. They need to make it known that your opinion is wrong because it might make someone cry.
That's what this site is for, we welcome your opinions and try to establish them wrong with our opinions.

I'm tired of having to watch what I say around people because they'll think I'm some sort of redneck, hillbilly, racist, sexist, elitist, classist, asshole with an anti-social complex.
As long as you back your opinions with facts, not just conjectures, I would value you or your friends opinion.

I am of the rationale that if you're going to be offended at what I say no matter what, I might as well do my best to offend you and get my moneys worth. No longer will I let my opinions on midgets, single mothers, people on welfare, single midget mothers on welfare, ethnic minorities, ethnic majorities, alcoholics, junkies, gunshot victims, children, Americans, B.C. Hydro, the middle class, homo/hetero/bi/metrosexuals, cancer patients, people with disabilities of any kind, fishermen, rapists, rape victims, animal-rights activists, people of any religeous creed, produce dept. employees, freaks, geeks, goths, skids, jocks, rednecks, wanna-be goths who can't afford leather so buy a cloth military trenchcoat from the Salvation Army, polite people, the elderly, women (especially women), and people who make typos fall silent anymore.
That about covers it. The point of my life is to point out all the faults of other people. This a good list of people I like to make fun of in a very dry and sarcastic way.

ANYWAY, first post.. I'm glad it was a good one. More people should quote others on their first post so they don't seem like assholes at first. Welcome and fuck you. :mfinger:

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
ah nice post :D lots of people are reluctant to voice their opinions just because they're afraid of being told off.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Sweeeet Jesus, I thank what we done got here is one-a them thar, self thinkers!
Well, spank my pig and call it daddy!
Welcome, and please don't offended the bears. :thumbsup:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Welcome to WTF.com (roll with the punches, they'll hurt a lot loss).

That's nice writing... I hope you can live up to the expectations :thumbsup:

shep

Local alcoholic
np,so were you from in the great north?

shep

Local alcoholic
sweet,been there had a blast.Im from good old ontario :thumbsup: