WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Powell Just Quit

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Along with Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham, Secretary of Home land defense Tom Ridge, Commerce Secretary Donald Evans, and of course Attorney General John Ashcroft....Could it be Bush is making room for a group of "Yes-men" even more pussy than the ones that are leaving?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Or, another possibility is these men that are bailing on Bush, are just abandoning ship.

"Fuck him, he's the captain, let him go down with the ship"

tzedek

Original Member
or, they could just be tired of being in the public's eye all the time and want a break from it.

BumB

Hoodrat
Maybe they just want to stop being bitched at for even knowing bush.. considering 49% of the country is doing the bitching and they don't want to hear it.

Im not surprised, many people don't like Bush, don't like what he did either.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
its not uncommon in presidential politics to change the cabinet around for a second term... Czech out Clintons cabinet... only 4 outta 14 members that were placed in his cabinet during his first term... stayed through till the end of his second...

Bush's cabinet is made up of more recognized names.. so it resinates in peoples minds more...

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Either way Colin Powell's retirement is a big loss to the whole country and possibly even the world.

honestly, i'm glad to see spence abraham (and a lot of bush's cabinet) go. spence was not re-elected as a senator, so he got appointed to the cabinet, in a position that he had previously voted to eliminate. now THERE'S some smart politics...

i'd like to see tommy thompson go next.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
honestly, i'm glad to see spence abraham
he is a douche.. IMO... us Michiganders didn't want him... but he ended up in the white house.. fucked up IMO...

breakology

Kiss my Converse
edub1371 said:
Either way Colin Powell's retirement is a big loss to the whole country and possibly even the world.
he may quite possibly be our first minority president. i'd probably vote for him.

R

RedOctober

Hmmm...

Powell is a military man enough to keep doing his duty, against all doubt he may have had. The task he had in the UN meeting with the comic book drawings of so called "movable wmd production facilities" must have been very embarrassing for him.

He must have known he was selling a bunch of lies to the world.

Now that Bush has his 2nd term, he doesn't need him anymore.
Hitler also didn't listen to the advise of his geneerals ;)

Thank God for that :)

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
breakology said:
he may quite possibly be our first minority president. i'd probably vote for him.

It would be a hard sell to get me to vote against him. He was a great leader for the military at one time and he was a great leader for the country in government...... He keeps saying that he won't run though. It would be my luck that if he did get elected that some racist asshole would try to kill him though. I hate those douchebags. VOTE POWELL IN 2008!!!!!!!!!!

DanGeo23 said:
he is a douche.. IMO... us Michiganders didn't want him... but he ended up in the white house.. fucked up IMO...
yeah... see? michiganders know what we're doing when we vote!