WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Pre-Order Bastards

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, I pre-ordered a special edition copy of Halo 2 about half a year ago, I went in to pick it up and they said they didn't have a record of me pre-ordering anything. They said it wouldn't show up on their oreder list if it was going to be shipped to my house. So I go home and check records and sure enough its going to be sent to my house, I called USPS and ask when I would get it, ebgames people said I would get it the day it came out or the day after. USPS said it would take over 10 business days at least after product came out, I flipped out. So my pre-order wasn't worth shit, as all my friends just went and bought it, saved $5, and have been playing it for days.. And I still don't fucking have mine. Today is vets day so nothing gets shipped, then the weekend. So I'll have to wait till next friday. This fucking blows.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Pre-reserving it, or pre-ordering it, doesn't help shit. You're bound to find a place that has it, the day after the game came out.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yeah I learned the hard way, pre-ordering stuff in the past turned out ok.. I'm hitching up with friends so I can play.. I remember when I first found out about halo for the mac like 6 years ago.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
I don't know what all the hype is. Its just a video game. Sure the first one was good ( I guess. I never played it.) But why are people going ape shit over it.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
It's revolutionary.. Bump mapping, crazy ass huge levels.. Probably the best game out right now. Xbox-Live so you can play with billions of people.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'ma play it online soon, should be fun. :thumbsup:

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
I'm thinking of renting the first one to see what all the hype is. But at my skool kids are like acting like they're buying Heavenly mana . Its a game, not jesus.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
[sky] said:
I'm thinking of renting the first one to see what all the hype is. But at my skool kids are like acting like they're buying Heavenly mana . Its a game, not jesus.
Rent it and beat it, you'll love it. It's almost better than sex. Seriously, the two compared on a pengalum is VERY close.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
I saw a poll on another forum that said 7/10 kids are more excited about Halo 2 then having sex for the first time. Fucking nerds.

wocket

pocket pal
It makes sense to me. Get excited about something you actually have a chance at.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
[sky] said:
I saw a poll on another forum that said 7/10 kids are more excited about Halo 2 then having sex for the first time. Fucking nerds.
Well, heres what you do, go have sex, then you can focuse all your energy towards Halo 2.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
p99 said:
Well, heres what you do, go have sex, then you can focuse all your energy towards Halo 2.
He can't remember? He might get another girl pregnant. :(

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
But its sad that someone cares about a game that much.
smoke-it said:
yah right. i didn't geht her pregnant

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
smoke-it said:
Wasn't that someone else, not sky, but someone else and his ex or something..

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Back on subject: Who owns/Who has played Halo 2?

To counter our anger (me and my friend) of not being able to play Halo 2 because I didn't have it and my friends step mom took the xbox cables away the day he bought it. We beat a ton of levels on heroic and legendary only using melee. The original game is seriously no fun anymore because thats how easy it is.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
p99 said:
Back on subject: Who owns/Who has played Halo 2?

To counter our anger (me and my friend) of not being able to play Halo 2 because I didn't have it and my friends step mom took the xbox cables away the day he bought it. We beat a ton of levels on heroic and legendary only using melee. The original game is seriously no fun anymore because thats how easy it is.
I've played it, its kinda easy on normal, but we haven't tried herioc or legendary yet. Game sure is long though, but funner. We played for 6 hours and got halfway through it. Good pvp game.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
smoke-it said:
I've played it, its kinda easy on normal, but we haven't tried herioc or legendary yet. Game sure is long though, but funner. We played for 6 hours and got halfway through it. Good pvp game.
Argh.. I want to play it so badly.. I'm all set up for it!