WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines President Bush : Worse case scienario

Jung

???
Premium
I realise any Bush supporters instantly have their mouse pointers hovering over the Reply button without even reading this, but just give this a read first, then babble, ok.

What's the worst case scienario that could potentially arise from President George W Bush and his 2nd term in office?
Lets look at the ingredients: firstly he's been elected twice by less than democratic elections, infact I read that the US was on the list of countries whose elections need monitoring, along with places like Afghanistan.
He's 'doing the work of his God', you only need to look at things like the Stem Cell Research fiasco, religious stance on abortion, and the numerous mentions of God in relation to his invasion of Iraq.
Taking rights away from the public and putting them in the hands of the Government, eg the Patriot act.
And of course, feeding off the fear created by a large Terrorist attack in his country, and using that to his advantage through numerous mis-truths to launch a war on a totally unrelated country. He's blamed the CIA's intelligence for this, but from reports of top level CIA operatives and ex high-level CIA employees, this is highly unlikely. Also it's clear that pressure was put on the CIA but Cheney directly.

I'm not totally biased, but honestly I have never heard a single 'positive' report of something Bush has done, ever. Besides people saying "He's defending us".

So looking at these ingredients, if you heard them about the leader of another country, what would you think would be the worst probable outcome?

Here are a few of mine:

• All bbortions becoming illegal.
  • Continued breakdown of separate of church/state.
  • Continual quagmire in Iraq with the possibility of Iran / N. Korea coming into play.
  • Continued erosion of civil rights through DOJ.
  • A very right wing supreme court.
  • Republican control over every branch of government.
  • Continued movement towards a more insular, scare-mongering, and selfish populace who want nothing to do with the world at large, despite being part of it.
  • The marginalization of minorities and gays.
  • Higher tax burdens on the middle and working classes, less benefits, only real tax breaks being for the rich.
  • Creationism(religion) taught in public schools.
  • No stem cell research.
  • The war on drugs expands. (Read: misuse of "rave", "crack house" and patriot acts.
  • More support and emphasis on religion in every aspect of life - faith based initiatives, etc.

That's about it for my worst case scenario. :p I just hope that I'm wrong, but somehow I doubt it. :rolleyes:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
We can speculate...but the truth is; actions in the past dont dictate the future...my govt teacher (he is rather "dim" but he has got a degree and i dont) said that perhaps Bush will realize he has to take it easy, because he won by such a small margin. In all honesty, I was having doomsday predictions the moment I heard the news....most of us know that no good will come of this election or the next four years, we can only hope to live through it to rectify our mistakes. And sort of off topic...I read that the young people's vote was at its normal level....no spike in turnout...I fucking knew it and I fucking despise all these hypocrites who bitched and set up little kiosks for the "college dems" or what ever....and no body fucking voted! I've lost all faith in this generation.

Jung

???
Premium
bigck3000 said:
perhaps Bush will realize he has to take it easy, because he won by such a small margin.
I said before that I hoped he would heed the other 48%'s warnings. The fact that he doesn't have to worry about being reelected worries me though.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
Actually, maybe now that Bush no longer has to worry about re-election, he may act better since he no longer has to pander to the conservative base (I know he is conservative himself, but if he offers concessions he will become more popular overall). Of course, maybe now he'll just play some more golf.

Jung

???
Premium
Grumpy Old Man said:
And maybe he will continue to do the great job he has started . jmho
You're right; civil rights are worthless, as well as the constitution. :thumbsup:

Civil rights are important to us all . Well most of us .

As we wake up tommorw and realise it's Veterans Day , I hope we all stop to think of the fine young men and women of the past and present that are serving , or have served in the past to defend our rights .

Jung

???
Premium
Grumpy Old Man said:
Civil rights are important to us all . Well most of us .

As we wake up tommorw and realise it's Veterans Day , I hope we all stop to think of the fine young men and women of the past and present that are serving , or have served in the past to defend our rights .
Obviously not to Bush. See: patriot act, patriot act2, ban on homosexual marriages etc.

Not to mention that Bush isn't "protecting us."

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
well.. there are things you call cons.. that others call Pros..
... not gonna itemize the list.. cause.. well you prolly already know my opinion on most of that.. .

.... am pissed about him awarding legal status to people that came here illegaly... really pissed...

junglizm said:
Obviously not to Bush. See: patriot act, patriot act2, ban on homosexual marriages etc.

Not to mention that Bush isn't "protecting us."

If you want to marry your boyfriend ..run on up to Kerryland and have at it .

Jung

???
Premium
Grumpy Old Man said:
If you want to marry your boyfriend ..run on up to Kerryland and have at it .
I'm not gay, but I'm also not a fascism Bush supporter. You might as well be a racist, if you're going to discriminate against other american citizens. Also, I'm not a Kerry supporter, see my sig. :rolleyes:
Maybe instead of just making general statements, you could elaborate on why you're a bush supporter.

junglizm said:
I'm not gay, but I'm also not a fascism Bush supporter. You might as well be a racist, if you're going to discriminate against other american citizens. Also, I'm not a Kerry supporter, see my sig. :rolleyes:
Maybe instead of just making general statements, you could elaborate on why you're a bush supporter.

When I find someone I think can handle it maybe I will .Till then I don't believe I'm going to get into a pissing contest with a fugitive from a juiced up prep school pants pisser like you . :mfinger:

Jung

???
Premium
Grumpy Old Man said:
When I find someone I think can handle it maybe I will .Till then I don't believe I'm going to get into a pissing contest with a fugitive from a juiced up prep school pants pisser like you . :mfinger:
Ok, so you're just another Bush bandwagoner. Good to know. :thumbsup: Are you also a christian hate monger? You newbs are really raising the bar for intelligence.

Yeah...I can tell intelligence is oozing out of your skull .

Stop trying to impress the twats on this board junior . It's beneath you .

Jung

???
Premium
No, I'm just trying to lure more than regurgitation of opinions from you. Unfortunately it's not working.

Look at it this way .

I am on the middle here . I have some things I lean one way , and others I lean the other.

I am not a fanatic on any issue other than family and friends .

i_love_life

16/f/ca!!!1 omg!!1!!@!1
back to whats important...hey bigck...go to http://www.civicyouth.org/PopUps/Release_Turnout2004.pdf

I'd say it did a damn good job of getting more people out to vote, and since this is turning into B&T material im going to have to go ahead with the green light, and mention how thick-skulled and unaware you must be, not looking up the facts before you start saying them.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
DanGeo23 said:
.... am pissed about him awarding legal status to people that came here illegaly... really pissed...
Just think of those people as future enlistees ...

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
junglizm said:
No, I'm just trying to lure more than regurgitation of opinions from you. Unfortunately it's not working.
Doesn't appear that Grumpy <avatar is actual photo> can understand all the big concepts you're throwing at him...