WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines presidential debates

tzedek

Original Member
I will make a prediction about first debate tonight and the others to come: They are going to suck ass. The two parties have agreed to a bunch of rules making the debates basically pointless. In fact, it shouldn't even be called a debate since they can't really debate anything. Both parties have agreed NOT to ask questions directly to the other person. WTF is that about???

:mfinger: John Kerry

:mfinger: dubya bush

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
The Bush campaign wanted rules so that when Kerry said something they couldn't show Bush's reaction and vice versa. Most of the networks gave the Bushies the Big NO so I guess that's one optimistic view of the debates. In my opinion we should just throw out Presidential Debates and subsitute it with a Presidential Spelling-Bee.

TarkinRocher

Banned - What an Asshat!
It says a lot about the president's debating skills when he tries to get more vice-presidential debates. BTW why isn't there any heat about haliburton's oil scandel?

tzedek

Original Member
becuase we "caught" saddam two days later...

FUCK!!! :redface: I'm gonna miss the debates, because I have to drive an hour and a half to fix a guy's computer.

They're gonna suck ass, like everyone has said here, but I still wanna see them!!

R

RedOctober

Bush... Huh

Kerry... Huh Huh...

Reporter..
What do you think about the Olympic Games in China?

Bush... China? Huh...

Kerry.. No, his name is Hu.

Bush.. Hu da Fuk?

Kerry.. No, that's a well known ranting forum.

Bush.. What do you know about China?

Kerry.. How Long is a Chineese..

Bush.. Hu?

Kerry.. Yes, and How Long also.

Pachyderm

I really did.
I have told almost everyone in the dorms to watch the debates on each floor's lobby. I want to hear about the draft and the supposed bill that says Americans 18-25 must serve 2 years in the military I have been hearing about. I also heard the draft bill passed. But I bet you they wont talk about that. I'm definititely watching with a paper and pencil to write down every stupid comment made so I can post it later.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
Pachyderm said:
I'm definititely watching with a paper and pencil to write down every stupid comment made so I can post it later.
Awesome! I think I might do that too.

I hope everybody in my dorm will watch the debate tonight. I want to see Bush wipe that smirk off his face when he realizes he is fucked. I was going to talk my roommate into watching the debates, but then I remembered what she asked me as she noticed my "Kerry/Edwards" sticker one day in lecture: "Who are you going to vote for...Kerry or Edwards?" Yeah, definitely decided not to bother with that one.

Anyways, enjoy the show! :p

tzedek

Original Member
i wish i lived in a dorm so i could watch the debate with other people :( oh well 10 more minutes :thumbsup:

tzedek

Original Member
good one... wasnt that bad actually. I thought it would be worse. Always fun watching Bush stumble over grammar...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I think it was a toss up.. GWB as usual didn't speak as well as I woulda liked.. and he pacified his comments... he didn't hit JK with the points that I woulda.. I woulda hammered home the fact that they came to the same conclusion using the same intel more.. he said that GWB didn't give the soldiers the equipment they needed.. but the Prez didn't counter with the fact that JK voted against body armor and such... I woulda challenged him with underminding the morale of our soldiers while they are at war... I woulda made it clear that we will not be blackmailed again by North Korea.. the previous blackmail is why they had the technology, $ and resources to gain nukes..I woulda brought up the amendment that Kerry proposed that woulda cut millions from the intel budget after the first WTC attack.. and that after the first WTC attack he didn't show up for his intel commitee meetings for a year... I did like how he went back to the fact that JK has insulted most of our allies.. but then again... JK blamed GWB's administration for problems that originated in the previous administration.. and he continued to play both sides of the fence... I am suprised that Vietnam was only brought up everyother topic... he capitolized very well on his last 30 second rebuttals with statements that the Prez couldn't refute.. because of the debate format...

I would like to see a debate where a moderator brings up a topic and then the canidates are allowed to go after eachother... direct questions.. less formal.. I think that GWB woulda done better.. I dont' think he does well when he knows he has to ramble for 2 minutes to make a point... whereas JK is more experience in the rambling part because of his senatorial history...

R

RedOctober

DanGeo23 said:
I I did like how he went back to the fact that JK has insulted most of our allies..
That was an idiot remark by Bush!

Only some lunatics in European governments supported Bush, and they got and will get a really serious election battering because of that.
I can't think of any people that is in favor of the Bush policy right now, other than the Americans themselves.

The so called "support" was bought by Bush.
A very cheap trick, that nobody believes.

So he is again an asshole in European eyes because of what he said about 30 allies he'd supposed to have!
There aren't any!

The Dutch government sent troups to Iraq, but in The Netherlands them damn fuckers are hated because of that!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
All Kerry needs to do is use words with more than 3 syllables, or talk about topics of domestic importance. GWB won't have a clue how to respond.

Why do I envision GWB in training for this debate, with his head buried in dictionaries, and thesauruses?

“Note to self: Outlaw the use of big confusing words”

The dictionary according to Bush:
Main Entry: nuculer
Pronunciation: Nū-cū-ler
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or constituting a nuculeus
2 : of, relating to, or utilizing the atomic nuculeus, atomic energy, the atomic bomb, or atomic power
3 : at the center of; such as nuculer family.

Usage: If you so much as think of building nuculer weapons, we'll use ours on you.
Note:(Commonly mispronounced/mis-spelled "Nuclear")

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Can't wait until Nov. and all these threads are hanging around..To point and laugh at.

MaxPower said:
All Kerry needs to do is use words with more than 3 syllables, or talk about topics of domestic importance. GWB won't have a clue how to respond.

Why do I envision GWB in training for this debate, with his head buried in dictionaries, and thesauruses?

“Note to self: Outlaw the use of big confusing words”

The dictionary according to Bush:
Main Entry: nuculer
Pronunciation: Nū-cū-ler
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or constituting a nuculeus
2 : of, relating to, or utilizing the atomic nuculeus, atomic energy, the atomic bomb, or atomic power
3 : at the center of; such as nuculer family.

Usage: If you so much as think of building nuculer weapons, we'll use ours on you.
Note:(Commonly mispronounced/mis-spelled "Nuclear")

I can't believe I actually sat through that stutter-fest last night......

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I didn't even watch. I was busy hanging around work while the accountants closed the month, just waiting for our "FucksPro 6.5" db to crash.
Then went to one of my customers' sites to recover lost indexes on half of a terabit drive. Fucking NAS! Oh well it's money.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
HavokChylde said:
I can't believe I actually sat through that stutter-fest last night......
No kidding. The whole time Bush spoke I was thinking "Ok, get to the point". All of his answers were variations of the same answer - and even that didn't answer the question. I was so frustrated; he never answered. I thought Kerry answered the questions that were at hand with relevant facts. And he actually backed up his facts. Bush was just shooting off the mouth - sayingn Kerry was inconsistent when it was Bush himself that was inconsistent. :mfinger: First, it was Iraq had WMDS, then Iraq had the capability of WMDS, then Iraq had the potential to make WMDS, then Bush finally concluded that Saddam had "hoped" to make WMDS. Yeah, buddy...real consistent. :confused:

Oh well...I thought Kerry owned btw. :D

tzedek

Original Member
DanGeo23 said:
I would like to see a debate where a moderator brings up a topic and then the canidates are allowed to go after eachother... direct questions.. less formal.. I think that GWB woulda done better.. I dont' think he does well when he knows he has to ramble for 2 minutes to make a point... whereas JK is more experience in the rambling part because of his senatorial history...

Yeah I think everyone woudl like to see that :( when you say "i think gwb woulda done better" do you mean better than Kerry in the open format or just better than he did at the debate?