WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

printer installing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
ok so I bought a dell a920 printer form asendtek on ebay. it is not recognized by my computer. the driver wont install because there is no hardware. I am using a usb port to do this. any ideas?

oh, and I called asend tek, because i am pass my warranty they want to charge me 15$ for returning it. wtf? ic ould have brought a brand new one with a 1 yr warranty for the price it is going to cost me to ship it back to them and then pay them the return fee.

my 55$ printer is now over 55$

fucking assholes.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
What operating system. That printer aledgedly only works with windows 2000 and XP.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
its xp pro, but when i add it as plug/play, which it is cuz it is usb, it says hardware device failed recognition.....i think im fucked.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
p99 said:
Too bad, I don't recommend buying hardware off ebay..
never had a problem before we buy tons of shit from ebay. last time i buy form asendtek though.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Yeah well its good that it works out for you, just be careful..

FYI I didn't mean to make "Too bad" sound like an asshole remark, meant it as "Thats too bad that happened"...... :p

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
no problem p99..i understood.

update:

Now says:

No printer attached.

Ummm.....It is plugged in so I dont know. Im just going to buy a new one. fucking assholes.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
dustinzgirl said:
its xp pro, but when i add it as plug/play, which it is cuz it is usb, it says hardware device failed recognition.....i think im fucked.
Have you tried the this?
"add a printer" set-up and choosing local port, but removing the checkmark from "Automaticaly detect my printer".
Then on the next screen choose "Have disk" and browse to the path of the driver.
The driver may actually set up a virtual local port.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
dustinzgirl said:
no problem p99..i understood.

update:

Now says:

No printer attached.

Ummm.....It is plugged in so I dont know. Im just going to buy a new one. fucking assholes.
do you have any other usb devices to connect to the same port using the same cable, in order to be sure your physical interface is good?

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
You could always go to the printers company website and download a driver that would come with utilities to have it work, that what I had to do with my webcam, sandisk, speakers and microphone.. lol

Descent

Hella Constipated
Um...Yeah. I can't believe you bought a Dell printer. They are made by Lexmark, which makes the uber suck of inkjets, but great lasers. They eat ink like Pam Anderson ate cum before she got hepatitis C.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
MaxPower said:
do you have any other usb devices to connect to the same port using the same cable, in order to be sure your physical interface is good?
interface is good I used a stolen cable from cl's printer (which works) but that didnt work so I ran down to bimart (like, walmart for rednecks...lol) and bought new ones. 2.0. and they didnt work either.

When I called their customer service, the guy says, "we are a reseller, and some of our printers dont work. but you are past your 30 day warranty"

WTF? THat is great, lets sell shit that doesnt work, and then fuck them if they wait 35 days to install thier printer.

bastards. they are all bastards. every last one of them.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
jstager said:
Um...Yeah. I can't believe you bought a Dell printer. They are made by Lexmark, which makes the uber suck of inkjets, but great lasers. They eat ink like Pam Anderson ate cum before she got hepatitis C.
ummm yeah, i think you are kind of lame, ya know that. I bought a cheap printer because I happen to like the a920 and I only had 60 bucks. and i dont print out that much, so i am not going to spend 200 bucks on an HP.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
MaxPower said:
Have you tried the this?
"add a printer" set-up and choosing local port, but removing the checkmark from "Automaticaly detect my printer".
Then on the next screen choose "Have disk" and browse to the path of the driver.
The driver may actually set up a virtual local port.

what do i put in for local port if it is usb? system options are local and standar tcp/icp

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
I hooked it up to my confuser and it works perfect. It appears to be the USB interface on her PC. Now I know why our wireless USB adapter quit working LOL. We had to run a 25ft Ethernet cable and move the PC closer to the bedroom to get her back on the net. I hate computers sometimes....

DG is not home right now, but when she gets back she is going to be happy, then pissed in less then 30 secs. She'll be happy that the printer she bought works pretty fucking well, but pissed because she got my old computer that the USB's don't work anymore. I'll make up for it later tonight I guess. ;)

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Pull the root hub in the DM, if that doesn't work try reloading the chipset. Chances are the OS is corrupt. Do it from Safe mode.