WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

privilege is real

there i was, just minding my own business as i was waiting on my hoochie to finish her business in the restaurant's bathroom when i was approached by a man I had never seen before. "this is for you. you earned it." he then placed a piece of candy in my hand as i stood slack-jawed. "ensure that you pretend you have no idea such a thing happened or even could happen." he then instructed me on a secret handshake to use in all future interactions with "people of like mind".

"wait...what?", i stammered. 'your skin pigment. you have powers tantamount to a god's.", he whisper/shouted in obvious fear that a commie "in the know" could be listening.

so this is what that white privilege was that I heard about lately. it all made sense now. when hoochie-mama and i attended the theater the other night, i remember the usher smiled broadly as he took our tickets, "enjoy the show" he added. as i was walking towards my seat, i saw him take the tickets of a non-white couple and while he still said "enjoy the show", the broad smile was replaced with something of a grimace. this, coupled with the information I had just obtained, led me to believe I truly saw "white privilege" for the first time. either that or the usher had just crapped in his diapers which caused his grimace. i prefer to choose the former as I pride myself on being progressive.

the parting words of the peculiar stranger continued to haunt me, however. to feign ignorance in the face of being confronted with information that reveals who i truly am. i also had a killer case of "white guilt" i wished to honor. this was getting crazy. impaled on the horns of dilemma I was. "horns". how appropriate. a cruel irony as I was soon to discover my character traits were shared with satan himself. this, based exclusively upon my skin color. i came upon facebook and was promptly introduced to the stark reality of the horror i presented.

it was there i was to be reintroduced to former friends who had become nightmares. my hippy friend of yesteryear had metastisized into a rabid commie of horrid proportions.

she expounded in masterly detail of how i was an evil co-conspirator in an elaborate plot to oppress all that did not look like me. she calmly and sanely related indisputable truths as to my true condition. this is what helped me come clean. it was either this or hang myself.

maybe....even if i am on drugs though...the story remains a factual account.

ib4

Error
Staff
Your "factual account" is not that of the notable white privilege POC speak of...but of just pure discrimination and racism.

'White Privilege" is a systematic occurrence on a large scale, which does eventually contain discrimination and racism obviously. Your experience here, is just a collection of sick bigot and racist assholes. Of course it is a byproduct of the bigger picture...and it may have created a privileged moment that was based on your skin type then and there... but this situation does not display the version of white privilege POC are trying to show you. Sure maybe you saw a familiar instance of it with your account...and maybe it'll help you see what POC are trying to bring to light now.

But again, you were just around a bunch of shitty people in this account. I will say, now that you've opened your eyes, continue to evolve your new found sight.

ThisIsBananas

Tough guy!
Premium
Your "factual account" is written so crazily that I have a hard time believing it.

Your "factual account" is not that of the notable white privilege POC speak of...but of just pure discrimination and racism.

'White Privilege" is a systematic occurrence on a large scale, which does eventually contain discrimination and racism obviously. Your experience here, is just a collection of sick bigot and racist assholes. Of course it is a byproduct of the bigger picture...and it may have created a privileged moment that was based on your skin type then and there... but this situation does not display the version of white privilege POC are trying to show you. Sure maybe you saw a familiar instance of it with your account...and maybe it'll help you see what POC are trying to bring to light now.

But again, you were just around a bunch of shitty people in this account. I will say, now that you've opened your eyes, continue to evolve your new found sight.

mmm. a wizard has arrived. yes, repent i shall. fill my ears with your stories of how you renounced your priveledge. oh wait, surely it isn't that you are only speaking of mine? i think you are just trying to hold onto your little piece of paper with the tweetie bird on it. when you give yours over to the oppressed, i may consider likewise.

Your "factual account" is written so crazily that I have a hard time believing it.

haters gonna hate.

:: peacock strut ::

ah, "staff"? i just got here and already sassing the help. i suspect myself to be a moral degenerate on every level. have i no shame?

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
If it's exists I am thankful for it.. it took us to space, built roads the internet and took us to the moon.

Your experience here, is just a collection of sick bigot and racist assholes..

i have been told i smell like many things and for it's worth jlxc is a compliment. knowing the definition of such isn't necessary. trust that.

Wow.

Hunter S Thompson reincarnate, is that you?

i am not familiar with his works but know of his penchant for inebriation. i can only imagine he must have copied from me.

Jung

???
Premium
In the works of Burroughs, a predominant concept is the concept of cultural
truth. The closing/opening distinction which is a central theme of Burroughs’s
Naked Lunch emerges again in Queer. However, several discourses
concerning dialectic neotextual theory exist.

If one examines Baudrillardist simulacra, one is faced with a choice: either
accept dialectic neotextual theory or conclude that the task of the participant
is deconstruction. Derrida uses the term ‘poststructural deconceptualism’ to
denote the bridge between class and art. It could be said that the subject is
contextualised into a dialectic neotextual theory that includes consciousness
as a reality.

Sontag promotes the use of submaterialist narrative to attack the status
quo. In a sense, Lacan uses the term ‘poststructural deconceptualism’ to denote
the role of the reader as participant.

Cameron[2] suggests that we have to choose between the
prepatriarchialist paradigm of narrative and dialectic discourse. Therefore,
the subject is interpolated into a conceptual paradigm of discourse that
includes reality as a paradox.

Derrida uses the term ‘postcultural narrative’ to denote the common ground
between class and sexual identity. In a sense, if poststructural
deconceptualism holds, we have to choose between the conceptual paradigm of
discourse and the dialectic paradigm of expression.