WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Probably No PS2

Liquid-Zero

Assassain Wumpus Hunter
Alright, so I was up till four in the morning, chatting with CL, wanting to mod/fix a playstation 2. I woke up today and I asked my mom if I could do it. She had no objections. My dad was pissed from right when he got up. He was in his office and I showed him the guide I recieved as proof, he put it on his computer and spent 10 minutes trying to figure out whether it was a virus or not. The he deleted it because "he couldn't open it in WinZip". He says that all of the .exe's are archives and if he couldn't see with the View All Archives paramaters something was wrong with it. Well, he didn't see any of the thousands of executables that were on his desktop, so he either is against the idea or is not very observant. He has to "talk with my mom". Every time he does that, she always sways towards his opinion, which is usually NO. This is not fucking fair. He is saying that "it sounds like a scam" because I heard of it from CL. How the hell is it a scam? If you are buying seperate, broken ps2's from people how can they all scam you at once? I don't know.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
CL and I discussed this last night, as you may know, we are parents ourselves, our oldest is 12. Aside from the fact that I dont know why you were up on chat after midnight at your age, I can understand your parents concerns. It is not a scam, he just has extras and thought it would be cool to send you a broken one to tinker around with. We have plenty of them, because he buys them broken at like 20 bucks and fixes them and resells them at a marked up price. However, I am sure that your parents are looking out for your best interests. As a parent myself I would have the same qualms about this. As far as the .exe goes, obviously if there is something on your computer that you do not understand nor have the capacity to implement, the obvious of viruses would come into play, so once again your fathers trepidations are warranted, if ignorant.

Liquid-Zero

Assassain Wumpus Hunter
Well, my parents are going to talk (again) about it and I dont think that they would if they were going to say no. I proved some points to them and game them more info, I think it'll be alright now.