WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

problem accesing internet

xsmokejunkyx

b quik or b Sucka Punched
me and a couple of friends have been trying to get internet in our classroom for about 2months we finally broke into our school after hours to run the cable. we can access the internet and have set up the workgroup. for some reason we can only access msn and microsoft.com. we have reset and reconfigured dns multiple times and doesnt seem to be the solution. any one got ne ideas.....?

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Here's an idea. How about you tell us the school, and we will notify them of what you are doing. :)

But on the serious side, your computer, at school, probably goes through several school proxies, or servers, or something that guard against this type of thing. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
xsmokejunkyx said:
me and a couple of friends have been trying to get internet in our classroom for about 2months we finally broke into our school after hours to run the cable. we can access the internet and have set up the workgroup. for some reason we can only access msn and microsoft.com. we have reset and reconfigured dns multiple times and doesnt seem to be the solution. any one got ne ideas.....?
Nobody here is going to help you steal internet from your school.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
He signs up in January, and posts Yesterday? odd...

jamesp

In Memory...
another thing it could be:

You are in the wrong subnet (i doubt it though)
You dont have access (limited by the switch that you are running through)
Proxy server (grrr....)

bnccoder

Postaholic
xsmokejunkyx said:
Who are you? Isn't this thread against the rules or is it in the gray area?

Dark-Sith

get a life - she says -
hahaha maybe there is a firewall that blocks some ports en site names :p

there is often a Firewall site on the schools server and there you could finde what's blockd

I'm not sure that's the problem but ho knows :p