WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Problem with my parents

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Well, for the past month I've been out tryin' to find a job, filling in applications and such, but apparently my dads getting tired of me 'going out' jobhunting, mainly because he just thinks i'm fucking around. Today I was talking to him and he said "Your running out of time, then when I kick you out you'll have to find a job." Kick me out before I have a job? WTF?! You don't do that, thats just fucked up. So apparently hes going to kick me out soon, whatbullshit.

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
That is complete bullshit. I'd never kick my own child out. That's a lifelong responsibility. Took me forever to find a job too. :(

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Why don't you explain to him it is taking ages for you to find a job. And that you need more time. It's impossible for you to be kicked out without a job. That's just stupid ya know? Explain to him it from your side. And if he decides 'no fuck off' Then maybe a friends house until you get a job or something? But SERIOUSLY kick you out BEFORE you get a job... JEEZ!

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
meh_it_all said:
Why don't you explain to him it is taking ages for you to find a job. And that you need more time. It's impossible for you to be kicked out without a job. That's just stupid ya know? Explain to him it from your side. And if he decides 'no fuck off' Then maybe a friends house until you get a job or something? But SERIOUSLY kick you out BEFORE you get a job... JEEZ!
I did explain it to him that it takes time to find a job, all he goes in responce is "Oh, I gave you 4 weeks to find a job and what did you do? You fucked around with your friends." Its fucking bullshit, it just takes one longer to find a job if you have no experience or past jobs. My friend offered me if it does come to that, that I could live with him for a while until I find a job, but I hope it doesn't come to that, because my parents can be such assholes. I just hope I get a job soon because its bullshit.

gummi_

Tenderony
Is there any way you can give him proof of your effort? Like maybe tell him your interview times or whatever (if you have them) and ask for a lift or something if possible ... tell him if you get knocked back by one ... so he knows your not just bumming around?

I find that my mum doesn't really listen anyways, no matter how good an argument i present from my side, its just that she only really sees things from her own perspective :) Just keep at the jobhunting ... eventually you'll get one, and try and 'show off' that you are looking... thats all i can think of :)

i live alone with my father and hes quite the same. Get a job or get out. he was like that even when i was still in school. Don't let your parents rush you into desperately finding a job that you really dont like. My mother on the other hand, a few days ago i went to see her and i said i was looking for a job somewhere but have no idea where to start. Straight away she suggested ideas, went and bought every newspaper at the servo and looked at all the positions vacant etc. Gotta love that woman. Is your father helping you look for jobs? or is he simply throwing you out expecting you to get one? If your parents are no help try your mates parents, they have always helped me out when i need it.

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I can not understand how a father can kick his own son out.

I have a few questions:

1.- Do you go to school/college?

2.- Do you help around the house?

3.- Does your father still buy you clothing and such?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
ChilianFuckFace said:
I can not understand how a father can kick his own son out.

I have a few questions:

1.- Do you go to school/college?

2.- Do you help around the house?

3.- Does your father still buy you clothing and such?
1. I'm in school for a semester, then i'm done.

2. I offer to help around the house, but sometimes they don't need my help.

3. Yes, they still purchase items for me, but only twice a year if that.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Start keeping a journal of all the places that you are going and thier telephone numbers. Write a very nice resume and make sure you call possible job places two or three days after you dropped off your resume. Just try to prove to him that you are trying.