WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Profile of a Terrorist!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Heard this on the news today, and have further researched
So the department of Homeland security is trying to assemble Terrorist profile screening in such places like an airport and others..Some speculate this may be the heads up the U.S. needs in deterring the next terrorist hijacking/attack.....But the ACLU argues that ones right's and privacy are intruded upon...

It' just seems a little ignorant of the U.S. to put the safety of the Nation ahead of the rights of a couple of people with a red flag over their head...I gotta agree with some type of profiling there are to many fucked up people in the world and if the Government knows that this person with a certain tendency for say puttin a 747 up our asses...Then YES...they should keep tabs on him/her and profile their fuckin asses...L8 :question:

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Every time our free country that takes in all people has a war with a specific nationality, such as japanese, german, russian, and now arabian, we create a mass media against that particular nationality. We purposely fill our media with anti-whatever propaganda, to further the support of our givernment and to lead its people into fear, thereby giving the government control to "protect" us.

Did you know that there were US style concentration camps for japanese and germans during the war. that is why many of us who would have had a german last name no longer do, because names were changed for their own protection against the us government and stigmas associated with the anti-nationality propaganda.

History repeats itself, especially if it gives the government more control.

R

RedOctober

Hmmm I don't agree with you.

Civilians from Japanese origin ended up in concentration camps, but them from Germany or Italy did not.

Would have been funny anyway, because General Eisenhower was from German origin :rolleyes:

Terrorist profile..
He or she looks like a nice guy or girl. Could be any American.
They even infiltrated in the American military.
And in the Bush bandwagon... :rolleyes:

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
Just a question... but... knowing what you know now... would you have supported some sort of profiling on 9-11... if it prevented the attacks against the US?

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
Just a question... but... knowing what you know now... would you have supported some sort of profiling on 9-11... if it prevented the attacks against the US?
We don't need "profiling", we need U.S. Customs to use the information we already have to make the right decisions.

People with terrorist ties - NOT ALLOWED IN
People with fake passports - NOT ALLOWED IN

It's not rocket science...

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
dustinzgirl said:
Every time our free country that takes in all people has a war with a specific nationality, such as japanese, german, russian, and now arabian, we create a mass media against that particular nationality. We purposely fill our media with anti-whatever propaganda, to further the support of our givernment and to lead its people into fear, thereby giving the government control to "protect" us.

Did you know that there were US style concentration camps for japanese and germans during the war. that is why many of us who would have had a german last name no longer do, because names were changed for their own protection against the us government and stigmas associated with the anti-nationality propaganda.

History repeats itself, especially if it gives the government more control.
Ignorance B4 safety...Each war is unique in it's own way especially this one...SORRY but when it's kill anyone that is an american, or has american ties I will gladly side with the gov on that one..

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
voiceofreason said:
We don't need "profiling", we need U.S. Customs to use the information we already have to make the right decisions.

People with terrorist ties - NOT ALLOWED IN
People with fake passports - NOT ALLOWED IN

It's not rocket science...
That's called profiling....Read up on it.!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
DanGeo23 said:
FUCK"N"A RIGHT.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
TwisT said:
Ah, no. Profiling is making decisons about who to double check on based on how they look, what they wear, who their with, where they are coming from or going to, etc.

It's good for movies, but as we've seen, disasterous in "real" life.

I'm saying use "trusted source" data to make the decision whether to let the person in in the first place.

If you do customs right the first time, "profiling is unnecessary...

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
well maybe if someone woulda said... "hmmm.. all of these middle-eastern men... one way tickets... and no luggage... thats strange" or maybe they did but they were fearing a lawsuit from the ACLU... and if the terrorists that want to kill all of us woulda been from the IRA I would expect some sort of profiling...

isn't it profiling when they look for.. lets say ... serial killers... they are typically white, male, between the ages of 25 and 35... often married, has children and has full time employment... The majority of the time he will kill white victims… His intellect ranges from below average to above average...

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
voiceofreason said:
Ah, no. Profiling is making decisons about who to double check on based on how they look, what they wear, who their with, where they are coming from or going to, etc.

It's good for movies, but as we've seen, disasterous in "real" life.

I'm saying use "trusted source" data to make the decision whether to let the person in in the first place.

If you do customs right the first time, "profiling is unnecessary...
How the fuck do you think it all starts Genius!
You build a profile of these people then track them....to where they may wander...Profiling starts with the roots and YES it ends up profiling ethnicities....Sorry But if that is an option, then fuck you....If I offend you cause you are from Yemen and you fit a certain profile. then so be it.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TwisT said:
Ignorance B4 safety...Each war is unique in it's own way especially this one...SORRY but when it's kill anyone that is an american, or has american ties I will gladly side with the gov on that one..
So who decides who is american and who is not? we are forcing ourselves into a state of panic, fear, and media-controlled racism. Tell me that nobody in 9-11 had arabic background.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
TwisT said:
How the fuck do you think it all starts Genius!
You build a profile of these people then track them....to where they may wander...Profiling starts with the roots and YES it ends up profiling ethnicities....Sorry But if that is an option, then fuck you....If I offend you cause you are from Yemen and you fit a certain profile. then so be it.
Try to follow along.

Use REAL DATA that we trust, FBI, CIA, Interpol, as well as verifiable data as to who these people are. That is the stuff that we should be making decisions on, not whether the person is from here or there.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
voiceofreason said:
Try to follow along.

Use REAL DATA that we trust, FBI, CIA, Interpol, as well as verifiable data as to who these people are. That is the stuff that we should be making decisions on, not whether the person is from here or there.
Does'nt matter,, you'll alwayz have a few slip under the radar..

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
dustinzgirl said:
So who decides who is american and who is not? we are forcing ourselves into a state of panic, fear, and media-controlled racism. Tell me that nobody in 9-11 had arabic background.
We are already in some sort of a state of Panic, due to terrorism...

Look all I'm sayin is if it looks and smells like shit it probably is..I read in the paper (2 weeks ago) of how the 9/11 terrorists got through the airport..They where stopped and sent to a secondary inspection...but as of that time box cutters where not considered weapons...There is a airport security video with them on it, the second inspection...You can argue that if the FBI and CIA had been doing their job this whole thing would of probably never happened...Had profiling been available, this may have also caught them on the spot too...Who new??

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
TwisT said:
You're trippin'
Having a fake passport, is against the law, so is hanging with terrorists.
I suppose if some dude walked in smoking a big fatty or pickpocketing people and gets arrested that's profiling too?

You need to learn what profiling is. "Read Up on it."

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
MaxPower said:
You're trippin'
Having a fake passport, is against the law, so is hanging with terrorists.
I suppose if some dude walked in smoking a big fatty or pickpocketing people and gets arrested that's profiling too?

You need to learn what profiling is. "Read Up on it."
Yeah, Twist, is having a little problem with the concept of racial profiling, and is too lazy to look it up, although he pretends he knows what it means...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TwisT said:
We are already in some sort of a state of Panic, due to terrorism...

Look all I'm sayin is if it looks and smells like shit it probably is..I read in the paper (2 weeks ago) of how the 9/11 terrorists got through the airport..They where stopped and sent to a secondary inspection...but as of that time box cutters where not considered weapons...There is a airport security video with them on it, the second inspection...You can argue that if the FBI and CIA had been doing their job this whole thing would of probably never happened...Had profiling been available, this may have also caught them on the spot too...Who new??

I was not talking about terrorists, I was talking about the victims.

And the government knew anyways, they just did not consider it a threat at the time, or so I think.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Alright so I'am a little over the top SO FUCKIN WHAT! :mfinger:

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
voiceofreason said:
Yeah, Twist, is having a little problem with the concept of racial profiling, and is too lazy to look it up, although he pretends he knows what it means...
Not a racist thing at all..

I can see both sides of issue....so fuck you asshole-here is so reading material.....Then reply...

Let’s just say that profiling is patterning, finding characteristics that create a pattern that leads to a certain predictive power and a higher probability of finding the truth you seek. Finding predictive patterns for a long time had been part of the standard intelligence tests administered to children of school age. Identifying recurring patterns is also part of the scientific method; you see scientific truth does not spring full born into the mind of the scientist.

The truth is that profiling is a central part of the liberal agenda. Using “focus” groups to determine what women think, or what senior citizens think are all about creating a profile. Even Senator Kennedy’s newest “hate” crime legislation is a direct form of profiling. Certain individuals when victimized by a violent crime have a claim on society for a more severe prosecution against the perpetrators than do the rest of us subjected to the same violent crime. What constitutes this special victim’s group? Well, Senator Kennedy has a profile of such groups; he is legislating with them in mind.

The terrorists have also been operating with a profile in mind. High on their profile list is national origin – American. Depending on what persuasion of terrorist we are talking about, ethnicity may be either number one or number two on their profile – Jewish. In any case the terrorist are profiling us, and I have yet to hear that Senator Kennedy is put out enough by it to invoke any terrorist “hate” crime legislation. In fact the Senator and his liberal kin are more interested in protecting those terrorists who have been apprehended from any "injustice." This manner of concern, of course, is also a characteristic that is part of the liberal pattern or profile.

The stupidity of Political Correctness has never been funny, but it is now deadly serious. While liberals and the Politically Correct use the government to profile for their constituencies, they are resisting with a lunatic’s zeal the use of common sense societal survival skills such as profiling for the nation’s defense and safety.

The new government Airline Security agency, and Bush’s Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta, continues to insist that random screening of air passengers is a good security procedure. This in the face of the profile of 75-year-old grandmothers as being interested in only knitting, talking about their grandchildren and reading a nice book.

Again let’s say that this is deadly business and to inflict this Political Correctness nonsense on the American people and to call it “security” is criminal in its negligence.

Here is what we know about these murderers and their terror “army.”

Nationality is a good predictor, but is not a highly rated characteristic. Let’s call nationality part of the 80-20 rule, i.e., you could find about 80% of terror suspects based on nationality. As I write this, Yemeni nationals have gone to the top of the list, everywhere but at our nation’s airports I suspect.

In any event thanks to uncontrolled immigration, profiling for nationality will leave you still with a significant exposure. The “20th hijacker” Moussaoui is “French,” “Shoe-bomber” Reid is British, and of course “Taliban” John Walker and Jose Padilla are American. Adding “race” to this profile is only slightly better then nationality, and so far its greatest value has been to liberals in giving them something to whine about.

Nevertheless nationality, race, and criminal background make up a good terrorist profile. That’s right, prior criminal behavior; thuggery of some form in their background is a good predictive characteristic of the terrorist. Terroristic behavior does not usually manifest itself without some prior problems with society. In Western nations that type of behavior usually lands the perpetrator in the criminal system where record keeping is far better then what we find with the INS and our immigration services.

Of course there is the exception of Marin County, where apparently anything goes.

One other characteristic should be added to the profile and that is religion. Without exception every terrorist has been Muslim. I know Islam is the religion of peace, but there are clearly a significant number of apostates who are ruining things for the rest. Leaving the “Islam has a problem” for another day, Muslim is the universe from which the terrorist subset is drawn.

If you just add males and an age of twenty-something to the nationality, race, criminal background, and religious characteristic you have a pretty solid terrorist profile.

Given that the Federal government through its immigration agency, the INS, has failed to effectively screen for known and classified criminals or for nationalities on the “watch list,” the U.S. frontlines are breached. Add to that the wide-open and porous borders and the problems grow deeper. Rampant document fraud and the willingness of several state governments to eagerly grant driver’s licenses to documented or undocumented aliens and the problems become nearly unmanageable.

With Political Correctness an unmanageable situation will never be anything but unmanaged, i.e., airport security. With most of the stupidity that PC concerns itself with, there may be a danger to our sanity and our freedoms, but with national security, PC effects national survival and our lives.

A government founded on such nonsense is a danger to the governed, and that never more clearly seen then during a time of war. It is time we declared our independence from such politically correct thinking.

“Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.”

United States Declaration of Independence.

C/P from opinion net