WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Profile Photos & Profile Pics Gallery

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
Hey,

Okay, two things I'm working on right now...

1) I've increased the allowable resolution for PROFILE PICS from 100x100 to 300x300 for your personal pics inside your profile and I've moved it to a neater layout.

2) I'll be adding a "Profile Gallery" where you can browse member's profile pictures ONLY in a nice neat layout for those who post your ugly mugs!

1 is done, 2 is currently under construction. Should be done shortly. ;)

morelos

lexicon incognito
wow dude. you are such a more responsible sysop than i am.

my car gallery still doesn't have auto-thumbnailing; i promised that to my users like six months ago.

Jason

Founder
Well spank me hard, and call me Sally!

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
The maximum size of your custom image is 75 by 75 pixels or 5.9 KB (whichever is smaller).

i can't get one to work that was 100x100..but 5.9kb, i was wondering if it should work cuz it won't even though it is 5.9kb and it said whichever smaller

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
That's because the image can't be any larger than 75x75 pixels or 5.9 KB. You need to bring your image to within both those parameters. That's how I understand it at least, but I'm not the technician here, I just clean up.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
Skorch said:
That's because the image can't be any larger than 75x75 pixels or 5.9 KB. You need to bring your image to within both those parameters. That's how I understand it at least, but I'm not the technician here, I just clean up.
but you said "or"...so it also basically means either, and it was 5.9kb and that's good enough....but then you mentioned 'both', so now it has to be both?
i'm confused,lol...straight out question..can i put an avatar up size of 5.9kb?
1. yes.......w/o 3.
2. no
3. has to be 75x75 pixels or less also

Jason

Founder
Hey, sorry for the confusing terminology.. Just worded that way in the software...

Avatars must be 75x75 AND no larger than 5.9kb-ish. ;)

Jason

Founder
As for the member gallery pics thing it will still be going in during the next update (In September).

Skorch

Destroyer of worlds
My bad in the confusing explanation, guess I didn't help clear anything up much afterall. Oh well, at least we all understand now right?

will you ever increase the size of avatars? i had to cut my wittle penguins feet off to make it fit

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
aight, thanks for clearing that up for me, i'll see what i can do :thumbsup:

Jason

Founder
deus_ex_machina said:
will you ever increase the size of avatars? i had to cut my wittle penguins feet off to make it fit
Possibly, though not much more than 80 or 85 pixels since it would screw too much with the layout.

Jason

Founder
Finally got around to it, all updated.. Will be adding comment ability to all user photos sometime tonight as well.

Jung

???
Premium
Seije said:
but you said "or"...so it also basically means either, and it was 5.9kb and that's good enough....but then you mentioned 'both', so now it has to be both?
i'm confused,lol...straight out question..can i put an avatar up size of 5.9kb?
1. yes.......w/o 3.
2. no
3. has to be 75x75 pixels or less also
Try using a .gif. If you have Imageready, open it up in there and choose the gif bitrate if it's still too big.