WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

project

Signify

Particinator
alright, i have another english project due in a bit, this time im actually doing it in advance. it has to be an argumentitive essay, and i have chosen religion vs. spirituality. Any advice as to where i can find some stuff on this topic?

Darkmage

Shiva-Destroyer of Worlds
A book....or better yet....many books

Eat_Kal

Banned - What an Asshat!
religion vs. spirituality? arnt those like the same thing? :p

Signify

Particinator
well....religion is more like set codes of conduct, like going to church every sunday,blah blah blah. Spirituality is...well....the belief that there is a god, he just doesnt really give a damn what you do, you decide how to live your life.
I think, forgive me if im wrong...

supposedtabeme

The Skinny One
You can always go to the Bible, go with the seven sacraments and see what the religion asks you. Then compare it to what you can find on what spirituality means.

Darkmage

Darkness_Reaper said:
well....religion is more like set codes of conduct, like going to church every sunday,blah blah blah. Spirituality is...well....the belief that there is a god, he just doesnt really give a damn what you do, you decide how to live your life.
I think, forgive me if im wrong...
You aren't entirely wrong...but you'll come to find out with your research that you don't need to believe in god at all to be a spiritual person, it's just more common that way. Good luck with your project. I know how nerve racking those things can be.

Black Flame

Mayhem on the Loose
*gets excited* ooh ohh! read angels and demons! it's by dan brown. it's a conflic of religion and science, but it might prove to be inspiring anyways. i know it was for me.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Eat_Kal said:
religion vs. spirituality? arnt those like the same thing? :p

Absolutley not!

RELIGION IS SOMETHING YOU DO BECAUSE SOMEONE MAKES YOU.

SPRITUALITY IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE TO FEEL OR IGNORE.

Darkmage

I like your explanation...let me guess, someone, somewhere in your life is/was a catholic??